Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: center locker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default center locker

Does anyone make a 1 piece center locker for the JK wrangler's drilled for the all the way through screws ?
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: center locker

Robinson Racing Hardened Aluminum Diff Gear: AX10/SX10
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

arent the outdrives the part that breaks?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Robinson #1542
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I like the hot racing one piece since it's the gear and the out drive all in one, and the Robinson racing one piece gear. Both are excellent.
monturacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
arent the outdrives the part that breaks?
Stock aluminum yes. The stock steel, RR one piece, and HR one piece are all great upgrades that will take a ton of abuse. I replaced mine with the axial steels and a set of HR steel gears.
Attached Images

alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I'm looking to upgrade the trans gears on my latest SCX, which I'm trying to keep as lightweight as practical.

I'm using the Robinson Racing one piece gear with doubled up buttonhead bolts in place of the 3mm grub screws on a couple trucks. Works well, but it sure is heavy.

I'd like to reuse the stock steel outputs and just upgrade the gear. I'd prefer a steel one, but Robinson only lists a steel gear for the Wraith (I though they were the same gear, but I know the outputs are different), the AX/SCX one is aluminum. I'm leery of aluminum gears anywhere on my R/C's, but I bet it's the lightest option.

Is anyone running the aluminum output gear with an upgraded steel idler long enough to go through a few sets of trans bearings? If so, how is the aluminum gear holding up as far as wear, or sharpening of the teeth?

Can anyone verify if the Robinson Wraith steel output gear will work with the stock steel SCX outputs?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I'm looking to upgrade the trans gears on my latest SCX, which I'm trying to keep as lightweight as practical.

I'm using the Robinson Racing one piece gear with doubled up buttonhead bolts in place of the 3mm grub screws on a couple trucks. Works well, but it sure is heavy.

I'd like to reuse the stock steel outputs and just upgrade the gear. I'd prefer a steel one, but Robinson only lists a steel gear for the Wraith (I though they were the same gear, but I know the outputs are different), the AX/SCX one is aluminum. I'm leery of aluminum gears anywhere on my R/C's, but I bet it's the lightest option.

Is anyone running the aluminum output gear with an upgraded steel idler long enough to go through a few sets of trans bearings? If so, how is the aluminum gear holding up as far as wear, or sharpening of the teeth?

Can anyone verify if the Robinson Wraith steel output gear will work with the stock steel SCX outputs?
The Hot Racing Steel 52T Output Gears hold up really well and work with the stock steel outputs. No issues with fit/tolerances. I have a set in my SCX10 that's been run a lot.
Hot Racing Super Duty Steel 52T Output Gear SCX10
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj View Post
The Hot Racing Steel 52T Output Gears hold up really well and work with the stock steel outputs. No issues with fit/tolerances. I have a set in my SCX10 that's been run a lot.
Hot Racing Super Duty Steel 52T Output Gear SCX10
My exact setup as well. I checked out the alum. ones for weight reasons, but was leery of them holding up.

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/hotsscp1000t.htm
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Are the stock steel outputs that come with the truck good enough to handle the power? I have HR aluminum transmission gears in it currently.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

The outputs that come with the trucks are aliminium. Most folks will change these as soon as they snap on 3s.

EIther the 3pce option using an RRP centre gear and drilled or standard axial steel outputs or the Robinson racing 1pce gear will work for you.

I have only tried hardened aluminium once, and once it got thru the case hardening, wore out fairly quickly.

I lightened my RRP 1pce in a mates lathe.
Attached Images

stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote

center locker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Center locker... h8z2luze Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 09-26-2009 09:51 PM
Center locker jd4x426 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 07-08-2009 12:05 PM