Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What steering setup is everyone running for XR Mod?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What steering setup is everyone running for XR Mod?

Just looking for ideas, I'm not trying to spend $150 on a Vanquish or Blue Monkey CMS when I can make my own links. Can you still run servo on axle or do you have to run CMS? Post pics of your setup and identify if you have the stock width XR mod or the one that gains width.

Also, does anyone know if you can use the Scale Vanquish Wraith knuckles with the XR mod or do you need the original style C's and Knuckles? I've asked in a few different threads and have yet to get a response. Thanks in advance
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What steering setup is everyone running for XR Mod?

Making your own links is a must for custom setups. What you may need to buy, although you can sometimes make.. is the panhard mount at the axle and/or chassis side for cms. Really depends on setup. XR mod stock scx width and full width can be used with either axle or chassis mounted servo.

The scale VP knucks/chubs are stock compatible so they should be ok to use.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I just didn't know if I could keep the axle mounted servo or not. I've don't the Hand Bros CMS kit before on trucks and liked it, but the $150 price tag for a Vanquish one is too much for just a little more realism. Especially after spending $180 on the XR mod itself for tubes, C's, knuckles, and shafts.
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

There is zero reason to not be able to use the axle mounted servo with the XR mod. I used a VP link, servo mount when I did the XR setup and cut the mounting posts on the top of the housing and dropped the plate down about 5/16".

My favored setup is anything that includes VP wraith knuckles since they are more versatile than any others with the ability to bolt steering arms on either side.

Here's an oooold pic of my setup.

WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

What steering setup is everyone running for XR Mod? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new steering on the new PRO/ OTA steering mod axialjeepster AxialJeepster Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-14-2012 01:03 AM
Xirtic + JP High Clearance Steering Mod on Mod JeffK11 RC4WD Bully 1 02-01-2012 09:55 AM
how many people are still running the flipped knuckle steering mod? jebster Axial XR10 3 09-18-2011 11:30 AM
Whats everyone running for steering setup rocklicker Axial XR10 19 08-13-2011 10:47 AM
Front Dig Mod,steering mod & pushbar TheButcher69 General Crawlers 1 11-06-2006 06:32 PM