Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Steering problems need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 04:02 AM   #1

Default Steering problems need help

I have a scx10 jk with a chassis mounted servo and I have aluminum steering links . I'm having a problem with my steering I can get full turn when I turn left but I can't when I turn right . I have noticed when I turn right the steering link moves upward with servo arm instead of pushing to the right! It appears as if I need to get a longer servo arm or put a spacer between steering link and the hub ! Can anyone help with advice? Thanks in advance
Richeycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Steering problems need help

remove your servo arm...set your wheels straigt...make sure your steering adjustment is centered on the radio then turn the trucks power on and let the servo center itself....re install the servo arm and see how that works out for you..

If that don't work we need pics to see the set up to determine what might not be correct with the links.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

The upper steering link needs to be as long as possible. Plus if you don't have one already, you need a track/ panhard rod. It's inevitable to get some sort of bump steer out a cms on a scale truck. It just doesn't weigh enough to keep it from happening like a real truck
DAHSEHONDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #4

Been lurking for a long time. Figured I should join and make some sort of contribution.

OP...I had the same exact problem you are having. Unfortunately I could not find an answer. My servo would do the same thing as yours is doing. It would reach a limit and rather than continue to push the wheels, the link would just rotate around the ball and moved in an upward direction. I tried adjusting end points, different lengths of rod. Repositioning servo horn. Checked for binding. Nothing worked. I was using a homemade cms/batt mount that I fabbed up. I wasn't running a pan hard bar. I got frustrated enough with it that I put the servo back on the axle and the equal steering came back. Sorry that doesn't tell you how to fix the cms issue. But I know exactly what you are talking about.
AZ_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Do you have any pictures of your setup? That might help with figuring this out.

I had a similar issue with my setup with a CMS kit and XR-10 Steering Mod. What happened with mine is that the link would reach it's extension limit before the servo was done rotating. What I did was pull the horn off, turn on the servo so it was centered and moved the horn over a couple teeth. I also had to shorten my steering link a little to bring the steering back to center for the wheels. This solved my problem with not getting all the steering when turning left. I then adjusted my steering amount on the radio to get it sorted out there(using a Futuba 4pl. It might be different with your radio).

Hope you can get it sorted out!
nsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I had the same issue with my scx10. Ends up I had the c hubs on the wrong side of he axle. Right was on the left, left was on the right. I flipped it around and that fixed it. But yes definitely, pictures would help.
monturacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #7

I will get pics asap and try to put them on here I haven't ever put pics on here so that will be a first for me . I have some parts ordered cause I was scaling yesterday and broke a c hub so it's down for now but as soon as I get the parts in I will put pics on here thanks for all the help so far
Richeycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Steering problems need help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steering problems RS10runner Redcat Crawlers 6 02-07-2014 11:44 AM
Steering problems, please help! crawlerstudent Axial Wraith 23 02-14-2013 07:35 AM
Steering problems dan1990xj General Crawlers 12 03-24-2006 10:17 AM
more steering problems L.D. General Crawlers 7 03-07-2006 10:23 AM
Steering problems Sean General Crawlers 8 10-18-2005 03:38 PM