Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 2nd scaler, Honcho just a basic build up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 2nd scaler, Honcho just a basic build up

Shortly after I go my Sawback I came across a rtr Honcho for sale, just HAD to get one so my nephew could run it too
So from the get go it had a Tekin 35t motor which I love. I drove it around in the house over books, clothes, boots etc during winter until weather finally turned.

After driving it with the ripsaws I wanted a bit bigger tire & something with better grip. Snagged a set of Rockbeasts & put them on the axial rims. You can see the size diff on the mat.

Wasn't real super impressed with how this thing handled alot of the terrain I drive on so got the aluminum 4 link setup & steering links from a crawler guy making them.
The install was super easy & everything went smoothly.

While I had the steering apart I decided to swap out the knuckles for aluminum ones.

All links installed, knuckles installed, tires on, aluminum servo horn popped on it was time to go test it out in the rock garden.

These simple upgrades did make a difference in this rig on the rocks & over the round moguls etc but seems a bit top heavy & easy to roll over. Thinking the battery will get lowered next chance I get to work on this one.
Obviously you can see the front bumper got whacked from the get go, first time I drove it around the ends kept hanging up on tires so rather than adjusting it to stick out any farther I trimmed the sides off.
Have not broken anything yet *knocks on wood* but the plastic shocks sure aren't eco friendly as much as those guys leak.
Neat rig, fun to drive but still needs some adjustments to be more user friendly in my hands
Tinrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2nd scaler, Honcho just a basic build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinrabbit View Post
Shortly after I go my Sawback I came across a rtr Honcho for sale, just HAD to get one so my nephew could run it too
Is that the story you're sticking with?

Nice truck
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 2nd scaler, Honcho just a basic build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwolf View Post
Is that the story you're sticking with?

That's what I tell everyone at least!
Nephew doesn't like the sawback so he has this one to drive at the local rock gorge.
Here's a shot of him driving the Honcho & his sister running the sawback like she stole it

Tinrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

2nd scaler, Honcho just a basic build up - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Scaler: Honcho 6x6 Build eemmaaxxxx Axial SCX-10 9 08-29-2011 05:50 AM