Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My First new box stock kit G6 scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
KMS
Rock Crawler

Default Axial G6 kit Toyzuki CMS low CG motor plate

I have built a few rig's so far but no kits ,just rtr stuff ,,So here goes ,,First I don't consider my self a builder just a hobbyist who likes RC cars ,,,If you have come here for some fantastic out of this world build ,,,sorry,,, Just a old guy who likes rc cars ,,,The rig is done and most mistakes are fixed ,,
I have added

MotorWorks 1.9 10 hole wheels thanks Scale Addict
RC4WD ttc claws Thanks Scale Addict
Toyzuki low CG motor plate Thanks Toyzuki
Toyzuki CMS kit Thanks Toyzuki
Heyok slow start 4amp relay reset fuse winch controller ,, thank you AL
KMS K3 sw1800z servo winch ..I have made a pile of these just never mounted one up on my own with out help from some other vendor like BMRC,,
Not going to do the box open stuff been done buy others ,Or show how to build the shocks ,there is some good info on here by others ,,
Some of the parts are prototype ,That's what I will be centering on ,,,You can chime in with constructive remarks ,Or better Ideas ,,
Attached Images

Last edited by KMS; 05-29-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: My new axial G6 kit scx10 Toyzuki CMS lowCG
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
KMS
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My First new box stock kit G6 scx10

The Toyzuki CMS kit was a easy install .The winch mount took a little more time but came out with good results ,,,The line is centered on the spool . I used a bent rod end for fairlead and a collet on the bumper ,,
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Subbed

I enjoy the every man builds as well as the top dollar builds
And thanks for turning me on to the toyzuki motor mount. I needs one of those
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
KMS
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
Subbed

I enjoy the every man builds as well as the top dollar builds
And thanks for turning me on to the toyzuki motor mount. I needs one of those
U bet ,,,Glad to help,, It does make a difference . I have three of them ,,His new CMS kit was a pleasure to install as well I was able to use some stock links that I had with little mod to them ,,Good job Toyzuki,,,
Old 05-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
KMS
Rock Crawler

I have it closer to being done enough for me. I have the body painted ,stickers hung ,and installed a wraith light kit off ebay . I went with yellow ,for a jeep its one of my favorites ,,I have ran it and its smooth ,,The Holmes Hobby 45 turn motor is sweet , I like how this rig
runs ,, I bought some wraith strc knucks & chubs plus bought a set of xr10 universal axles ,,gonna get it to turn ,It is one of the best mods I have done for scx10 steering ..Will stay sock width
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #6

That looks awesome. Just built a G6 as well. It really impressed me. But I hated the bumper. I installed a modified Revo bumper in its place. Could you show more details of your winch setup?
Navtrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #7
KMS
Rock Crawler

Showing more pics of the winch setup will also cover the Toyzuki CMS ,So I will share about both
The winch is mounted on a axail steering servo plate ,Wanted it as low in the chassis as I could get it with out hitting the pan hard bar ,I ended up drilling the servo mounting holes with the two holes that are already in the plate and filed the plate on the bottom to fit the chassis curve , The servo mounting holes are inside the chassis rails .I needed to trim the bumper ends for clearance ,Drilled the hole threw where the fairlead goes to install bolt from bottom ,The fairlead needs to be centered on the spool, cut the plate down to be able to get to the winch line ,Hope the pics help explain better,, Than me

The CMS steering servo plate Toyzuki didn't have one ready yet, So I used a stock Axial battey plate ,Rounded the bottom to fit the chassis, drilled holes for the chassis mount and holes for the servo mounts ,I did have to remove a little tab on the bottom of the bumper mount,,Dremels can get away on you fast . The chassis pan hard mount in the pics is one I made ,,broke a tap off in the one Toyzuki sent me ,,don't tell him,,, Hope these pics help ,the CMS went easy not a lot of trouble ,,I have had some serious battles in the past with CMS ,,Thank you Robert
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #8
KMS
Rock Crawler

Did my XR10 steering mod today ,It sure does make a difference to how much more steering you get ,It turn's crazy sharp now ,,I should have used tubes for the c-hubs to hold on to for weight and after about a hour of running hard one of the c-hubs slipped on the housing ,A quick mod and fixed it buy adding a extra bolt to c-hub's , Its ready to run now ,Just hoping to get my body better ,Last week I was on a ladder in my shop grabbing a box out of the rafters and one broke knocking the ladder out from underneath me ,I hit hard it on the floor in my shop . got my back really messed up, So being a disabled guy at 50+ years ,Stunt's like that are not good ,
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

diggin the toyzuki stuff, are you producing for him or just testing?
joshsmith512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #10
KMS
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmith512 View Post
diggin the toyzuki stuff, are you producing for him or just testing?
Not producing ,,Just some ideas .I have made a few of his items just for personal use ,We are friends and share ideas ,But yes on testing ,and he is testing a new winch for me ,Have to see how well it holds up to his demands ,,Just don't give it to BaDDmaM .Toyzuki is going to be a contender with his ideas,,

Last edited by KMS; 06-24-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
KMS
Rock Crawler

I forgot something for this rig it was to install a set of over/under gears ,What a difference ,I left the axles hanging ,while installing the new
gears ,,I have so much trouble with lining up the lower shock / link rod ends ,, I like the way this rig runs ,,,
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
KMS
Rock Crawler

I was looking at a NB JK Brute body that I built and checked just to see if it would fit on my G6 jk ,Little adjustment and yep nicely. So I started adding more parts that I have ,,The K3 180 on 3s is plenty of winch for this rig ,,but I have a K2FS 333 that's not going anywhere but on here with a bumper I made for it ,,Added a Handbros CMS steering servo plate to Toyzuki axle mount ,easy cms hook up, I am saving the G6 body just gonna play with this for awhile,,,, Then hit the rock garden to see how it run,,, YEP,, happy with it
Attached Images

Last edited by KMS; 06-24-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I like those wheels, great looking rig you have there.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Love what your doing with this build. Nice work
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #15
KMS
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys,,, I broke my custom front bumper ,,So I put the stock one back on with the K2 free spool mounted to it ,,Seems to be holding up fine ,, Testing the NB body and getting a few little marks on it ,,I have to go back to the G6 body ,,But it sure was pretty ,,,Our rock coarse was built for 2.2 crawlers ,,This rig runs it and is fun ,,
Attached Images