Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Newb with some motor/esc questions and upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Newb with some motor/esc questions and upgrades

hey guys,

Im pretty new to the rc scene, bought a traxxas summit 2 months ago and sold it three weeks ago due to the constant headache that truck was. I now have an axial scx10 honcho, an scx10 dingo (for sale), and an ax10 deadbolt.

My scx10 honcho is probably my favorite truck, but its just not good at any one thing. Im trying to build it into a trail truck/hill climb. I have my ax10 for hardcore crawling. Right now the truck has MIP shafts, aluminum knuckles, aluminum steering, aluminum 4 link, and proline weighted wheels with flatiron tires.

Im looking for some advice on upgrades to make this thing a trail/hillclimb beast. The stock 27t is on its last leg, so Im going to upgrade the motor/ESC and driveline first. Id like to eventually waterproof the truck, so may be staying brushed. Also gonna order hot racing steel tranny gears and outputs, should i do any more upgrades to the axles? CVD's and overdrive?

Last question, sorry! What does everybody recommend for a good trail/dirt tire. I wont be doing any hardcore crawling, and my flatirons dont seem to really like the loose ohio dirt on the hills im trying to conquer.

Oh and heres some pics for reading my long winded question riddled post.

jtessmer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Newb with some motor/esc questions and upgrades - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUPPER NEWB ESC and Motor Question Chrisnscale Newbie General 5 08-23-2013 11:33 PM
newb with motor questions edge_pilot Axial SCX-10 3 01-23-2012 10:01 AM
Newb with ESC questions Casey429 Axial SCX-10 3 12-27-2010 03:03 PM
Newb motor gears and locker questions... crazydevil97 Newbie General 5 01-09-2008 11:32 AM