Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: How to install the plastic Rigid Industries roof light bar for JK G6 & Deadbolt cages

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default How to install the plastic Rigid Industries roof light bar for JK G6 & Deadbolt cages

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Axial was smart enough to make a Rigid Industries light bar that works for the G6/Deadbolt cage:

Compared to the original:

It's easy to see there's a much lower profile than the G6 light bar, and it has spots for more LEDs; the rigid bar uses 8 LEDs vs the stock 5.

The C/R Edition SCX10 comes with these light bars as extras that are not much use to those with that vehicle:

The 132mm bar is what fits the G6 and Deadbolt cages. (Second longest in the picture)

So, what do you need to install these?

Parts trees:
AX31095A
AX31095B
AX31096

Hardware:
AXA435 - M3x10mm self tapping screws (2)
AXA013 - M2x6mm screws (3)
AXA0424 - M2.6x10mm self tapping screws (4 - you already have these screws from the G6 or Deadbolt)

Specifically the pieces highlighted here:

Axial will probably have this whole kit available soon, since they have the part number AX31152 set aside for it: "Universal Rigid Light Bar Set"
I got my parts from RPP salvage, but anyone with the C/R edition JK will have these parts just lying around in the box, so I would guess these will start showing up in the classifieds.

These are easy to swap over from the bigger light bar. Remove the old light bar (save the two screws from each side that screw into the A-Pillar) then follow the exploded view from the C/R Edition Instruction Manual (Page 19).

Notice that you have to use the new mount (part #4 on tree AX31095B) otherwise the light bar will not fit... I also had to drill out the mount for the M3 screw on this piece.

Bonus: you will also be able to use the short light bar in front of the grill if you want to. (Just need a couple more screws and the other pieces from the parts trees above.)

Hope this helps someone looking for a lower profile light bar.
Anyone that does this, please feel free to post up a pic of your rig here. Any questions or comments, feel free to post them here as well.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: How to install the plastic Rigid Industries roof light bar for JK G6 & Deadbolt c

Thanks for the info Monkey racer as I will be doing this for my g 6.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #3

Default Re: How to install the plastic Rigid Industries roof light bar for JK G6 & Deadbolt c

What did you do about LED's? I can't find the same led light string as the one they use....
FilthyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyWraith View Post
What did you do about LED's? I can't find the same led light string as the one they use....
I was planning on using some loose 5mm LEDs wired for receiver voltage (I set my BEC at 6.6V)
I have another lightbar that needed LEDs so I ordered a bunch of them and the appropriate resistors. I will post pictures when I get that done.

If you didn't want to do that , the other route would be to get a couple 5-LED strings and put 8 in the rigid bar, and the two extra in the bumper, or as rock lights, etc. (Or 4x 2-LED strings)
Old 06-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I added a Rigid Ind. light to my G6 light rack. It's fully protected from roll overs. I don't like them hanging out here, vulnerable to the elements.

Hotrodvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodvw View Post
I added a Rigid Ind. light to my G6 light rack. It's fully protected from roll overs. I don't like them hanging out here, vulnerable to the elements.

Nice! Although that's a different light bar than what is being discussed in this thread, that's another idea on how to mount them.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

True, but it's another option. I did clean up where I cut the lights off. =)
Hotrodvw is offline   Reply With Quote

How to install the plastic Rigid Industries roof light bar for JK G6 & Deadbolt cages - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rigid industries Ligth bar into G6 light rack Hotrodvw Axial SCX-10 1 03-01-2014 06:52 PM
Rigid industries LED light bar from VP Mike McLeod Axial SCX-10 3 12-27-2012 01:33 AM