Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10™ Jeep® Wrangler G6 Falken Edition 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default SCX10™ Jeep® Wrangler G6 Falken Edition 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD -

Went to the site today and saw this. Not sure when this came out, but it's just in time for Axialfest! Apologies if already posted.

New tires and paint. Everything else appears to be the same as the SCX10 Deadbolt except that it's $50- more with both Jeep and Falken licensing.

Axial Racing - SCX10

I think the big story is that there are new tires available now!

Last edited by DowntownScience; 06-02-2014 at 05:31 PM.
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'd like to get my hands on them tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
06ToasterBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ToasterBox View Post
I'd like to get my hands on them tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Me too! Now noticing they're 4.7 inches tall. Bigger than my IROK's. Biggest Axial 1.9

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'll take a set. :-D

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Apparently this has been in the works since January.

http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073908625

Old 06-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default Re: SCX10™ Jeep® Wrangler G6 Falken Edition 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD -

I can't believe axial, another release on the scx10! Axial is obviously getting lazy and don't want to give us what we really want, a completely new design. Why do this? Put different driveshafts on it, change the esc and body....really!? Axial should know by now that the moment you buy an scx10 you have to do upgrades. The plastic they put on these are crap, the links suck, the shocks suck, and the c-hubs constantly get stripped out and don't say they don't because they do! Yeah sure, the tires are the best part of it but that's it. Axial has there heads up there a#%es! You think they would learn but they won't learn. Who gives a crap about the new esc and servo, you know you'll be upgrading those right away so its pointless. As far as I'm concerned, axial can take this new rtr and shove it! That's my 2 cents.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Tell them what you really think!!!!!
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraxusofkeld View Post
AE-5 ..... thumbs down
Why? Do you have one?

Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
I can't believe axial, another release on the scx10! Axial is obviously getting lazy and don't want to give us what we really want, a completely new design. Why do this? Put different driveshafts on it, change the esc and body....really!? Axial should know by now that the moment you buy an scx10 you have to do upgrades. The plastic they put on these are crap, the links suck, the shocks suck, and the c-hubs constantly get stripped out and don't say they don't because they do! Yeah sure, the tires are the best part of it but that's it. Axial has there heads up there a#%es! You think they would learn but they won't learn. Who gives a crap about the new esc and servo, you know you'll be upgrading those right away so its pointless. As far as I'm concerned, axial can take this new rtr and shove it! That's my 2 cents.
Whats the complaining about?

I don't think there isn't a big market for this truck with all the upgrade you mentioned.... add up all those parts and you're looking at way more than $350 bucks..

it's easier to convince the consumer to buy it for $350 then spend the extra hundreds piece by piece to make it their own.

Its definitely easier to tell my wife I'm buying a $350 truck then a $650+ dollar one.. :-) even though after upgrades i get there....

Maybe they should put out a Limited edition Spec'ed out version......make a few people happy...but would they even buy it?
Maraxusofkeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I don't get what all the complaining is about. It's a different flavor for newcomers just getting into the hobby. I don't expect anyone on here to be buying these RTRs, these are aimed at people that are just getting into the hobby. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I bet there are lots of people out there that are stoked about it as am I because it is broadening our world of RC and introducing new people through new avenues. The SCX10 kills it and really doesn't have any mainstream competition, why change it? It's a great base chassis to start any build you could possibly think of. Props to Axial for branching out with 1:1 markets!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I don't get what all the complaining is about. It's a different flavor for newcomers just getting into the hobby. I don't expect anyone on here to be buying these RTRs, these are aimed at people that are just getting into the hobby. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I bet there are lots of people out there that are stoked about it as am I because it is broadening our world of RC and introducing new people through new avenues. The SCX10 kills it and really doesn't have any mainstream competition, why change it? It's a great base chassis to start any build you could possibly think of. Props to Axial for branching out with 1:1 markets!
Thank you Ty. I feel the same way. Be grateful for the resources we have. When I started into the crawling scene there was NOTHING. We built crawlers from Clodbusters or TLTs. Had to use the tires available which sucked for crawling. I had fun in those days but now, now we have so many products at our fingertips its amazing. Thank you Axial.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #12

I think it's great because I want to buy a rig for my dad to go with me. This seems the best way to go. Almost completely set up for little dough.

Jason Cook
mulies4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraxusofkeld View Post
Whats the complaining about?

I don't think there isn't a big market for this truck with all the upgrade you mentioned.... add up all those parts and you're looking at way more than $350 bucks..

it's easier to convince the consumer to buy it for $350 then spend the extra hundreds piece by piece to make it their own.

Its definitely easier to tell my wife I'm buying a $350 truck then a $650+ dollar one.. :-) even though after upgrades i get there....

Maybe they should put out a Limited edition Spec'ed out version......make a few people happy...but would they even buy it?
This.

Quote:
and this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulies4ever View Post
I think it's great because I want to buy a rig for my dad to go with me. This seems the best way to go. Almost completely set up for little dough.

Jason Cook
Agreed, buy it and he will be stoked. Upgrade a few key parts right away and then just as needed. Enjoy and repeat as needed.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't get what all the complaining is about.
I think I have it figured out......

It's because its not what THEY want.

I have said in the past, mostly out of sarcasm though. That I want all the RTR to have metal links/rx-8/roc412/ a 15,000 oz servo, all the vp upgrades and beadlocks, oh and a futaba 4pls for the same price as a dingo, or $12....
It would sell like hot cakes, people would remortgage their homes for this fine piece of engineering.....and you would still find one douche to complain about it........Ok off my soapbox I go

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #15

Im new to this... I've done alot off short course truck racing and wanted something different. Im sure it's like any other rtr but im excited about this truck I gotta wait two weeks for to come in the mail but I'll be tearing it up soon as I get it.

Wade... I see you live in PA can you give me some places where you can do some good trail riding I live in Bucks County
Semper_Fi_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

The tires measure about. 4.5 with no weight on them, they work well but I will be replacing mine...
b00st3d-vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

loving the tires! might replace my Dick Cepeks on my JK...
Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I have a highly modified G6...The Redcow. I love the Falcon G6, bought the first one my LHS got in for my 6yr old daughter so she can drive when I take her to G6 events in CO. I made the appropriate upgrades...links, steering, battery location and lights. Other than that I'm gonna let her run it in stock form and replace stuff as needed. She held it in her lap the whole way home and pointed out the many ways hers was better than mine...ha. Love it. Her excitment about her baby jeep was worth more than the $2000 I have in my G6. She reminded me what the scale crawling hobby is all about. Thank you Axial. Build thread coming soon.
ski29mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
loving the tires! might replace my Dick Cepeks on my JK...
FYI rpp hobby has a set of new take offs on sale!
b00st3d-vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #20

I just recently bought a deadbolt. It may be old hat to the guys who have been doing this for a while, but to me, it couldn't be beat for the price. If the truck i bought came with lots of upgrades and was another $100, I might not have bought it at all. The stock truck is perfect for introducing people to the hobby. I will upgrade mine as I learn what needs upgraded, and as I learn how to break things!
sjc115 is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10™ Jeep® Wrangler G6 Falken Edition 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit aircooled General Crawlers 47 08-23-2015 06:12 PM
Advice on Axia SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 4WD skengines Axial SCX-10 0 04-30-2014 10:08 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 1/10th SCALE ELECTRIC 4WD - RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 32 01-19-2013 08:19 AM
!/10th scale jeep wrangler body? armalite_ar50 Redcat Crawlers 17 11-09-2010 04:37 AM