Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #281
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money

Good times with Dudley!
im4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #282
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Great thread, but would be nice to have the first post updated stating what current ESC, suspension links, gear ratio, motor, etc. are. I realize it's a mostly stock rig, but would be good to know for reference.
Great suggestion. I'll add it to the first post
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #283
RCC Addict

A new trail for Dudley

Dudley and some trail buddies hit up a new trail for this outing, Ferguson Canyon Trail. This trail is very popular for bouldering and rappelling as it has some small cliffs that are easy to access. The trail starts out fairly average but after about a half mile it gets very tough with large and small boulders covering the trail, also about a mile in the trail get very steep. It was slow going due to the difficulty so we only made it 1.5 miles up the trail.

On this trail Dudley logged 3.0 miles with out any issues

Pics of course

Good group for this trail run

Up the trail we go

This trail had a lot of shallow water to play in

Always respect our trails so that future generations can enjoy them for years to come

A quick pic in front of one of the cliffs. Most of the cliffs are only 50' high, perfect to practice your bouldering and rappelling skills.

Time to make some progress

The trail is shaded much of the way due to the thick forest in the canyon

Back at it!! This trails a tough one

Just over a mile up is a small water fall in the stream to cool off in, don't want those motors to over heat.

A big uphill and more chunky rock before taking one more pic before turning around.

A quick stop on the way down to hydrate and change a pack.

A beautiful view of the city lights as you exit the canyon

Old 08-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the updates and great pics! You're still running 13/56 32 pitch stock gearing too?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that your thread helped the Deadbolt body grow on me so much that I bought a new RTR body the other day for my Honcho SCX10, bought some new wheels and tires to go with it too.

Last edited by Natedog; 08-25-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #285
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the updates and great pics! You're still running 13/56 32 pitch stock gearing too?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that your thread helped the Deadbolt body grow on me so much that I bought a new RTR body the other day for my Honcho SCX10, bought some new wheels and tires to go with it too.
Yep gearing is still factory (13/56 32 pitch) Don't think I'll ever be changing that.

Dudley inspires me to get out and enjoy nature regularly, I'm glad to know that he inspires others too (even if it is just inspiring them to get a new body )
Old 08-26-2015, 01:17 PM   #286
RCC Addict

Great thread! You have some awesome places to crawl and great scenery. I am jealous!
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #287
RCC Addict

Do Work Dudley!!

Recently The legendary Brian Parker was in Utah hosting a Recon G6 event, "Skinwalker Curse" and of course Dudley had to join in the fun.

For those that don't know, the Recon G6 events are the ultimate in scale adventure, and probably the most fun you'll ever have driving your scale rig. So if you see one coming to your area don't miss out.

The Skinwalker Cruse was hosted at Bald mtn in the high Uintas, about an hour and a half east of Salt Lake, and at a breath taking 10,800' in elevation. If you've kept up with Dudleys adventures you have seen pics from this area before, as it is a favorite crawl spot by many local R/C'ers that are looking to escape the heat of the city.

Chris (Neon Freak) from Austria was visiting the USA and was able to join us for the G6 event. But Chris wasn't able to pack his R/C with him on his travels. In steps Dudley!!! I was going to be pretty busy helping Parker with the event stuff so I loaned Chris Dudley for the event. Chris ran Dudley through the stages and reported back that Dudley performed flawlessly throughout the stages, and even pulled a hand full of rigs up one of the tougher obstacles on course. Great job guys!!

Dudley covered 2.1 miles of distance throughout the G6 event with no issues to report.

Pics that Chris snapped while out on the adventure

Dudley getting started

Out on adventure

Great views are everywhere up here

A stop by the scale campsite for a break

Dudley nearing the end of the shale rock section.

Lots of chunky rock

One of the driver challenges was a Glider toss. Dudley carrying his plan to the launch site

Some interesting trail items are sure to be seen at the Recon G6

Thank you Bald Mtn for the great venue

Dudley running in the pack during the night stage. One of the golden rules of wheeling, "Never wheel alone" as you never know what can happen.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #288
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
Yep gearing is still factory (13/56 32 pitch) Don't think I'll ever be changing that.

Dudley inspires me to get out and enjoy nature regularly, I'm glad to know that he inspires others too (even if it is just inspiring them to get a new body )
Yes, I was going to buy Deadbolt SCX10 RTR, but I have plenty of crawlers already and am kinda tired of my Honcho/Yota body.

[QUOTE=NaZ-T;5286520]Do Work Dudley!!

The Skinwalker Cruse was hosted at Bald mtn in the high Uintas, about an hour and a half east of Salt Lake, and at a breath taking 10,800' in elevation. If you've kept up with Dudleys adventures you have seen pics from this area before, as it is a favorite crawl spot by many local R/C'ers that are looking to escape the heat of the city.

Chris (Neon Freak) from Austria was visiting the USA and was able to join us for the G6 event. But Chris wasn't able to pack his R/C with him on his travels. In steps Dudley!!! I was going to be pretty busy helping Parker with the event stuff so I loaned Chris Dudley for the event. Chris ran Dudley through the stages and reported back that Dudley performed flawlessly throughout the stages, and even pulled a hand full of rigs up one of the tougher obstacles on course. Great job guys!!

Dudley covered 2.1 miles of distance throughout the G6 event with no issues to report.

Pics that Chris snapped while out on the adventure

Lots of chunky rock

Very nice of you to loan Dudley, great piics and nice to see the "pack it in, pack it out" refreshment can that Dudley carried.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #289
RCC Addict

Quote:
Very nice of you to loan Dudley, great pics and nice to see the "pack it in, pack it out" refreshment can that Dudley carried.
Yep, We didn't pack this one in, but to keep the great outdoors great, we'll do our part and pack out any garbage we can
Old 08-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #290
Rock Crawler

Love this thread! Some of the photos of the places you trail run at are beautiful, Thanks for taking the time to report here. I also picked up a DeadBolt recently after selling almost all of my RC trucks and gear what was I thinking. Picked up a RTR Deadbolt first time I have ever bought a RTR, but this thing really is capable (like the first Honchos that came out) even in stock form. I was "going to leave this one stock" like you did but that didnt last long(maybe two packs), but it keeps getting better and better with each improvement. Thanks for the inspiration.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:44 AM   #291
Quarry Creeper

I can't wait to see Dudley's next post!
Old 09-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #292
RCC Addict

Dudleys longest adventure to date!!

So with summer winding down I figured I had better get in a real good outing with Dudley. So I made a call to a few friends and rounded up few trail buddies to join us on our adventure. This was a full day and a long trek, we burned through 4 full packs before the day was over.

For this adventure we hit up White Pine trail. Although the trail head says it's a 4 mile hike to the lake, 3 different GPS units said otherwise. After it's all said and done it a total of 10.5 miles out and back. Dudley drove the 10+ miles without any issues to report.

On to the pics (and there is a lot)
I don't have much time at the moment so I'm going to skip the "play by play" and just throw down the pics in the order I took them.

Last edited by NaZ-T; 09-11-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #293
Rock Crawler

You guys are so lucky.Beautiful area to live!
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #294
Quarry Creeper

That was about enough to do me in! Good time for sure tho!!
Old 09-14-2015, 12:42 AM   #295
Rock Crawler

Spectacular pics, and inspiring! I'm actually glad summer is winding down, as I prefer to do most of my trail expeditions in the fall, when it's cooler. The main drawback is the shorter days, but it's a reasonable compromise for fewer hikers and bugs. I'm trying to get a couple of builds completed, so I can get out, now that we're crossing into the autumn season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #296
RCC Addict

Dudley goes to Nappyland.

So a few days ago a friend invited Dudley over for to play on his back yard crawling course, AKA Nappyland. We meet up and spent about an hour just shoot'n the breeze while a few of the other invited guests readied their rigs before hit'n the course. I have to say that Nappyland was quit fun and had a real good variety of obstacles to test your rigs on and plenty of terrain to keep anyone busy for multiple hours.

Dudley did have a few issues while playing at Nappyland
First was a broken C-hub followed by the motor. The C-hub broke from the usual hard impact but was quick to repair. The motor died cause I decided to do a burnout on a rock while the bumper was pinned up against another rock. Who knows how long it would've lasted had I not done that after all it is over a year old.

Dudley logged .8 miles at Nappyland

On to the pics

After making it half way around the yard we took a break to eat some "Chili Poppers" Man they were delicious!! Thanks Miss Nappy.

Back to the adventure at hand

We had a blast at Nappyland and hope to return soon.
Thanks for inviting us over Nappy
Old 09-29-2015, 06:19 PM   #297
Quarry Creeper

That's awesome!!

Eat Sleep Jeep
Old 10-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #298
Pebble Pounder

Great Thread!!!!!
blarouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #299
Quarry Creeper

I finally met Dudley. One tough Deadbolt!
[IMG]Mary's lake  run.[/IMG]

Last edited by scaled; 10-08-2015 at 06:35 PM.
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #300
RCC Addict

Trying to squeeze in a few more trials before the snow flies.

This time out Dudley hit the familiar Lake Mary trail. With it getting dark earlier we opted to hit a trail we know very well, to minimize the risk of running in the dark. We met up with some fellow Adventurists and spent 30min BS'n before heading up the trail.

Dudley ran the 2.3 miles without any issues to report

Trail Head information

Group shot

It doesn't take long before you get some beautiful overlooks

The first part of the trail is easy with no much to play on. Making good progress

Looking down on some of the guys playing on the first rock section

More beautiful overlooks

Enjoying the lovely fall colors

Almost there

Quick break at the lake. It was too dark for any good pics.

Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new money? funny money robbio4422 Chit Chat 13 09-19-2010 05:30 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM