Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Rubicon vs C/R Edition - differences?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:25 AM   #1

Default Rubicon vs C/R Edition - differences?

Hello!

I have been wanting a crawler for a year now, and I really like the way the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited C/R Edition looks. However, I want a kit, not a RTR, in order to enjoy building it from the ground up.

That's why I'm thinking of getting the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon instead.

As far as I can see, these are the same trucks, with the difference laying in the upgrades. The Rubicon has some Axial upgrades, whereas the C/R has Rigid-lights and all electronics. The specs seem identical.

My question is: Am I correct in believing that these two editions are fully compatible? I.e. that I can make the Rubicon look exactly like the C/R?

Since I'm new to crawling and Axial, I'm just worried that I'm missing some well-known fact.

Thanks for your help!

PS. I could not find any similar thread, so please direct me if this is a duplicate. Searching for "C/R" is really hard, actually... DS.
Reyhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rubicon vs C/R Edition - differences?

Yes they are the exactly the same truck just the cr has the rigid lights and the tactic servo. advantages with the kit are that you get aluminum lowers and steering, icon shocks and the hardtop. All parts are interchangeable between the 2 its just a fancier looking body. I suggest the kit if you like building and already has aluminum upgrades.
SkyJacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
RCC Addict

^^^^^ Is correct. Just fancier sponsored body, servo, different wheels and tires but still glued wheels, and the light bar. So basically it's just a matter of price and intentions for build. You can also build your own suspension links for all 8 pieces for like 15 dollars. Revo rod ends, 8/32 all thread and 1/4" aluminum sleeve. Good luck.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Like someone said above the kit comes with upgraded suspension links and shocks. You can make your own links like most people do, so the rtr was my route just because it came with all electronics ready to go, where the kit you have to supply all of your own electronics.
JonnnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #5

Thank you very much for your answers! I really appreciate it!

A slightly off-topic follow-up question: The body is made of "polycarbonate". What paint do I use for it? Is it the same as for lexan bodies, i.e. Tamiya PS-series?
Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Yep! Tamiya PS are the correct paints. Ask about differences in standards, flourescents, metallics, too. Many folks use incorrect paints for their intended applications and often blame the paint. Be sure to wash the inner body with a little liquid soap n water prior (and dry thoroughly). Paint will adhere properly that way. Mist on light layers at a time and let dry in between layers. Remember patience and planning out your paint scheme is key. Take your time... this is a fun hobby, enjoy it! ...and post pics!
sixtyspokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyhn View Post

PS. I could not find any similar thread, so please direct me if this is a duplicate. Searching for "C/R" is really hard, actually... DS.
The easiest way of doing this since the search here doesn't accommodate it is to go to Google and enter "c/r" site:rccrawler.com in the search bar.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyspokes View Post
Yep! Tamiya PS are the correct paints. Ask about differences in standards, flourescents, metallics, too. Many folks use incorrect paints for their intended applications and often blame the paint. Be sure to wash the inner body with a little liquid soap n water prior (and dry thoroughly). Paint will adhere properly that way. Mist on light layers at a time and let dry in between layers. Remember patience and planning out your paint scheme is key. Take your time... this is a fun hobby, enjoy it! ...and post pics!
Very, very great advice! Thank you!
I have a few weeks' time before I receive the kit, so I'll research paint in the meantime. And try to decide what color(s) I should use. That's the hardest part., I guess (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
The easiest way of doing this since the search here doesn't accommodate it is to go to Google and enter "c/r" site:rccrawler.com in the search bar.
Ooh! Thank you!

Tags
c/r edition, rubicon

Rubicon vs C/R Edition - differences? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Differences between CR Rubicon and New Deadbolt Beowulf Axial SCX-10 7 05-05-2014 07:50 PM
Differences? fivepointnine98 RC4WD Bully 11 03-04-2012 08:50 PM
1.9 to 2.2 differences? M109R General Scale Talk 8 09-15-2010 03:40 AM
What are the differences between the 3? Sydwaiz Axial SCX-10 7 01-06-2010 04:34 PM
Size Differences? notez2beat Newbie General 5 11-18-2009 05:28 PM