Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Product's CMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vanquish Product's CMS

Hello, another problem that i need solved with my scx10! I bought vanquish products CMS and i love it and everything, but i can't full compress the suspension because the servo arm knocks the axle housing (it doesn't really affect crawling performance, it just bugs my OCD sensors).

Cheers, Hammer!
Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vanquish Product's CMS

mine does the same thing but its close enough to full compression that it doesn't bother me that much. I would like to know to if there is a solution to it though. hope someone chimes in with good info.
SkyJacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
RCC Addict

One of the drawbacks of CMS, there's almost always some interference but when you're crawling the axle only flexes side to side, not much straight compression going on unless you're jumping.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have both I see now way to hit here is 1 pic of it..Hope this helps.

1beatjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #5
RCC Addict

You have your servo horn 180* opposite of mine, which does work but it was throwing my steering geometry off a little bit.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info TY I had the same thought and u are correct on the felxing. thanks for the insight
SkyJacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
I have both I see now way to hit here is 1 pic of it..Hope this helps.
Looks good, for proper steering and full lock to lock travel, the servo horn should pivot in the same manner as the steering knuckles that it's moving.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
You have your servo horn 180* opposite of mine, which does work but it was throwing my steering geometry off a little bit.

When I was putting this together I see it would work best this way.If you turn the servo other way there is now way to work right thats my .02 cents.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I get full lock to lock with my horn flipped and it keeps it more protected as it's further behind the bumper. To each his own, I just didn't like the servo horn sticking out that far. I used a Losi crawler horn, which helps give more vertical clearance and though about flipping the drag link to the left side but it needs to stay at the same angle and direction as the pan hard bar to work smoothly.

Last edited by Ty@Tekin; 07-11-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I had the same problem. I had a Losi aluminum servo arm that I experimented with. I drilled and tapped a 3mm hole half way between the servo mounting hole (splined hole), and the factory drilled hole in the Losi servo arm. Then I cut the servo arm down enough to clear my axles. It turned out pretty good, and seems to work great! This also allows me to have the servo arm pointing towards the rear of my JK.
Here's a couple pics...

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

ok so ill go look at my truck in a minute, but i think i might turn the servo arm around so its pointing out the front, which shouldn't really matter because my bumper points out a fair bit.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

ok so i went and took a look, forgot to post what i found, when i put the servo arm pointing outwards (towards the front of the car) it really just messed up all the steering so that was a no go also @2-shot, wouldn't a shorter servo arm provide a shorter turning radius?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

What set up do you have we need pic to help. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
ok so i went and took a look, forgot to post what i found, when i put the servo arm pointing outwards (towards the front of the car) it really just messed up all the steering so that was a no go also @2-shot, wouldn't a shorter servo arm provide a shorter turning radius?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

its just the vanquish cmd kit with the stock servo arm, stock axles and knuckles, and the axial aluminum steering link upgrade kit, ill get some pics up later
Old 07-12-2014, 12:54 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

here are the pics. on a side note, notice the sick short course next to it (top speed 75 mph)
Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

In my mine that set up is for the rock jock axles.The set up I use is for the axial axle.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I have my steering EPA's set at max. I've lost maybe 5mm from full lock. I haven't ran my JK yet, still getting the finishing touches added to it. So, I'm not sure how critical that 4 or 5mm is going to be. It was something I was experimenting with. After I run it, I may end up "back at the old drawing board" with it.
I could actually go a couple mm longer. I was being generous on the amount I cut off the servo arm.

I didn't notice, or see if anyone else addressed this. Did you mount your servo to the CMS from the bottom, or from the top of the CMS? Meaning... Are your mounting ears on your servo under the CMS, or on top of the CMS? I have my servo mounted from the top of my CMS (VP bumper mount CMS). That gave me a littler more travel before the servo arm hit my pumpkin.

2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
I have my steering EPA's set at max. I've lost maybe 5mm from full lock. I haven't ran my JK yet, still getting the finishing touches added to it. So, I'm not sure how critical that 4 or 5mm is going to be. It was something I was experimenting with. After I run it, I may end up "back at the old drawing board" with it.
I could actually go a couple mm longer. I was being generous on the amount I cut off the servo arm.

I didn't notice, or see if anyone else addressed this. Did you mount your servo to the CMS from the bottom, or from the top of the CMS? Meaning... Are your mounting ears on your servo under the CMS, or on top of the CMS? I have my servo mounted from the top of my CMS (VP bumper mount CMS). That gave me a littler more travel before the servo arm hit my pumpkin.

its mounted under the cms, thanks for pointing that out, didn't think of it.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

here are the pics. on a side note, notice the sick short course next to it (top speed 75 mph)
Where is your panhard and the steering link is coming from the wrong side of the axle.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

i don't have a panhard and the steering link is not coming from the wrong side of the axle

Vanquish Product's CMS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who has Vanquish Currie CMS? Photos welcome juttsvw Axial SCX-10 11 03-22-2014 03:00 PM
Vanquish cms issue! 509hooligan Axial Wraith 24 04-25-2013 04:28 PM