Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: transmission output question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default transmission output question

I got this scx10 second hand and it has pin through Trans outputs and set screw style pinions. I know an easy fix for the pinions would be changing them out. But I broke the trans output and cant seem to find an upgrade for it. The RR one piece gear is a set screw style. Can anyone link me to upgraded pin thru ouputs or factory replacements. Or have any siggestions.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I used the RR hardened steel diff output gear with the stock (SCX10 JK kit) outputs. I'm not sure about the other SCX10 kits, but the JK kit has steel outputs. I'm running MIP drive shafts, so I also wanted a tranny output that had the pin through on it.
A lot of guys that use the RR one piece diff gear have ground a second flat opposite the flat on the output on the RR one piece. Then they use 2 small set screws, and screw them into each flat, with blue loctite. They also will drill a small divot in the flats, so the set screws will sit down in the divot, giving you a better bite on the outputs.

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: transmission output question

5mm - Axial Trans Short Rear Output - 4340 Steel

Or SuperShafty.com for the ultimate upgrade to 6mm or 8mm outputs!!!
Don't waste your time with RR one piece it's junk! You can also get stock outputs from other older models that have holes in outputs. If it's a must use what ya got but as mentioned above grind other side flat & clean with alcohol use blue loctite & let dry overnight! That the only fix for vp dig & works just fine.

Last edited by sic1to; 07-12-2014 at 11:52 AM.
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
5mm - Axial Trans Short Rear Output - 4340 Steel

Or SuperShafty.com for the ultimate upgrade to 6mm or 8mm outputs!!!
Don't waste your time with RR one piece it's junk! You can also get stock outputs from other older models that have holes in outputs. If it's a must use what ya got but as mentioned above grind other side flat & clean with alcohol use blue loctite & let dry overnight! That the only fix for vp dig & works just fine.
If I go with the ci setup. Thats the price for juat the rear correct? Couldnin use two rears if I didnt want to run extended outputs
Old 07-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=JDIRCC;4832797]If I go with the ci setup. Thats the price for juat the rear correct?

YES! I have run the rear up front before, the extended output is a good optiom up front to get shafts(mip's) from hitting spur gear. If you want to run stock outputs f/r without the holes just do the dual set screw with Loctite...if not decisions decisions???
Old 07-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hmmm I didnt know the mips hit. I thought that it was only if you ran a bigger spur. Do they have the extended output as well? I have trouble finding parts on their site lol
Old 07-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

My MIP's hit the spur gear cover just a little. Nothing a little Dremnel work can't take care of.

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Yes I run extended outputs on wraith because I'm using scx/ax10 trans case so extended is a must to length of skid(also very beefy) I run extended front on scx10 so I can run 32p 60t & mip's without any issues! If you want to fix all future tranny problems go with SS bulletproof trans $260 or upgrade piece by piece until the drivetrain(trans)becomes what you need for your setup.

Both trans shown are from SS one built & one bought!!! Either way ya go it's the last trans you will ever need.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Here is the outputs with holes!!!
Axial Steel Outdrive Shaft Set (2pcs)

transmission output question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transmission output shaft :( meanbgreen Axial SCX-10 15 11-18-2011 02:41 PM
Transmission output sheared lifttec999 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 08-05-2008 09:18 PM
Rear Transmission output glondark Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 03-23-2008 04:52 PM
Transmission output shaft MaXX_CrAWlER7 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 03-23-2008 07:39 AM
Where To Get The Transmission Output Yolks? patatron HPI Wheely King 1 05-04-2007 01:23 PM