Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Scx10 battery relocation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #1

Default Scx10 battery relocation

Just thought I would share how I moved my battery onto the chassis. Definitely not the best way but it was easy and cheap.

Definitely helped couldn't quite do this before

Sorry the picture are bad (from my phone) I can probably get better ones if anyone wants more detail. Also any advice on improvement is fine I know this is the least professional way to move the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by sixty2; 07-15-2014 at 09:54 AM.
sixty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
JLF
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scx10 battery relocation

A cool solution. I wanted to move mine as well and I ended up buying a flat plate front steering servo mount. I do not use it for the servo, keeping that on the front axle. Instead I bought a 3c lipo that fits nicely in between the front shock towers. This allowed me to remove the high mounted stock battery location. I too noticed a difference much like you show in your photo. Its amazing how lowing the C of G and or mass centralization can do so much for these rigs! I think its cool you figured out an inexpensive way to do it!
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

Ya all I bought were some aluminum spacers for where the battery mounts to the chassis

Old 07-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

On my JK RTR I moved the battery on the frame rails and they're zip-tied to the front shock towers. On my honcho, I used the dremel and trimmed down the battery holder spacers to that the battery will sit much lower and the servo does not rub the battery plate. On my falken build right now, I planned on moving the battery up front like the stock honcho location so then I'll have room for all of my light wires to reach the receiver without an issue.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty2 View Post
Just thought I would share how I moved my battery onto the chassis. Definitely not the best way but it was easy and cheap.

Definitely helped couldn't quite do this before

Sorry the picture are bad (from my phone) I can probably get better ones if anyone wants more detail. Also any advice on improvement is fine I know this is the least professional way to move the battery.

what parts did you use because I'm trying to do this now and I'm having a hard time trying to figure this out
Semper_Fi_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #6

Default Scx10 battery relocation

Right here I have a long screw going through the a hole on the bottom of the receiver box into that hole on the chassis brace where the battery used to be mounted. The long black plastic spacer was also used there.
Where the battery plate mounts there is about 10mm on each side of random spacers I had lying around. Then there are plastic servo mounts.
If you really want me to I could pull up all the part numbers tomorrow. Sorry I'm sorta in a hurry right now.

Scx10 battery relocation - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 battery relocation VI™ Axial SCX-10 4 06-09-2014 02:00 PM
Battery relocation some87 Axial SCX-10 14 04-12-2014 10:50 AM
battery relocation rachad6 Tamiya CR-01 13 01-15-2010 01:27 AM