Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My offical G6 Falken Build thread:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My offical G6 Falken Build thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHILNSF View Post
Great build so far. Like the cover you made for the lightbar.
Thank you, its funny cause I simply drew it up, cut it out, bent it and painted it

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-22-2014 at 11:49 PM.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
The truck looks great!! I think you are doing a great job in making it your own, never listen to other people as this is all about you and what you like. Even if it is someone else's idea and you tweak it to make it your own. That's what I love about this sport is it is forever changing in a good way with new ideas and the only person who needs to think its cool is me. Keep up the good work
Thank you so much I appreciate your support and feedback
Old 07-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Okay guys, I'm so sorry I haven't posted on my thread in a while. First reason why is cause my internet server was down and barley working but it is now. After a worthless argument down in chit chat I've done a few things with my build I'll get pictures up in just a few minutes....bare with me lol. Btw a moderator has removed comments from lemonhead so no worries now haha.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Here she is with the winch, I'll get more pics up soon, I apologize that the pics are one at a time..my iPad will not allow multi photo files so that's why,
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  154.4 KB

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-22-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Here's the underside of the G6, its really "clean" meaning that there is not much to get hung up, that JunFac skid was worth the $$$:
Views: 1791
Size:  76.6 KB
Yes Holmes Hobby finally came in as well..had a few issues but it's all good know
Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Yeah..a awesome scale decal I got from RPP. It adds "flavor" to the build lol
Views: 975
Size:  112.4 KB
Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Here's one last photo for now. I had a bunch of other pics of wiring but its nothing you haven't seen so this is all I'll use for now. I know its weird why I'm uploading one at a time but then again it won't allow multi messages for one post...I don't have access to my PC so yeah..anyways, stayed tuned guys
Views: 996
Size:  66.4 KB
Old 07-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah..I forgot to mention a few things:
1. If you decide to use the MIPs you WILL have to dremel out a large portion of the spur gear cover and the back part of the cover. NO there is no room for re glueing the extra plastic..if you even try this then the spur or driveshaft will rub without a doubt. Remember that or you'll have some major binding and rubbing later on.

2. If you use MIP's with this type of setup, make sure that the female end connects to the transmission while the male end goes to the axles..if you try them the opposite way you will have so much binding the axles won't even move with force..I ran into this and I'll explain why you should do as I mention. So I FIRST installed the rear driveshaft reversed of what I just mentioned and I noticed so much binding..so I kinda messed around with the driveshafts and came to realize that you will get more movement from the male end so I figured "well shoot, I'll have to reverse them!" Although that wasn't so easy...first of all, the grub screw shaft holding the driveshaft on was stripped so I tried everything but I finally just drilled it out and took it off. QUICK TIP (for newbs): Never over tighten a grub screw, it is extremely tricky to remove and it will make you pissed after a while. So later today I actually had to drill out several grub screws which they were cheap ass screws cause good ones wouldn't strip that easy..anyways I reversed the shafts and the binding was over. Then here came another problem, I had to use force to get the male end of the driveshaft onto the pinion shaft and God did that take way to long just to do that. All of that was done, it was easy then on.

3. When you go to install a winch..for gods sake watch those xacto knives!! I drilled the holes into the bumper and had to remove excess plastic that was blocking the zip-ties from going through (I'll explain more about this later) and the damn xacto knife slipped and sliced my thumb really bad..now I can say I have put my "Blood, sweat and no tears into this" lol jk. But seriously guys, wear gloves..I learned my lesson. There are two screws with bolts holding the winch in and then there are two zip ties in the front holes only because I could NOT get a screw there without damaging the light holders so zip ties will have to do for now. Yes I will be using the 3racing winch, after getting freaking cut over it..I'm not wasting blood for a KMS lol Say if the line or hook breaks..then I'll simply order some new line and get hooks but until then stock will do.

My 4pl will be here thursday..rcplanet has the worst of service..sorry for the wait but I'll get it all buttoned up and see how she works. Stay tuned guys

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-22-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Mip makes different ends that dont require grinding the spur cover down...what mip set did you buy? Sounds as if you bought the wrong set...pics of the shafts installed would be nice...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

I put my winch on the stock poison spyder bumper...the trick to the winch bolts is to put the front ones thru the holes in the bumper first..then screw into winch mounting plate...

Name:  ForumRunner_20140723_012253.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140723_012300.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140723_012305.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  75.6 KB
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
Mip makes different ends that dont require grinding the spur cover down...what mip set did you buy? Sounds as if you bought the wrong set...pics of the shafts installed would be nice...
Yeah, here's the link to the ones I bought:
MIP Spline CVD Center Drive Kit, Axial SCX10 Vehicles w/12.3 in Wheelbase
I'm telling ya I had to dremel out the spur cover or rubbing would've been to much. I know I bought the right set haha yeah I'll get pics up of the shaft install later, bare with me though I'm kinda busy today.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I put my winch on the stock poison spyder bumper...the trick to the winch bolts is to put the front ones thru the holes in the bumper first..then screw into winch mounting plate...
Oh alright..well its a little to late to redo it but thanks for the pics and suggestion!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Well here is a pic of the driveshaft install. yeah now you can see what I mean by shaving the spur cover down:
Views: 879
Size:  159.2 KB

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-23-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Here's one more so you can see the side of it better:
Views: 883
Size:  70.2 KB
I so can't wait for that 4pl..it SHOULD be in tomorrow so I'll get it wired and yes it will take me a while to get use to the controls and menu of the Futaba 4pl..so bare with me on pictures and what not. I'd like to post a video but I don't have a open youtube account so I'm sorry for that haha. Stay tuned!

BTW if any of you guys have questions..feel free to ask!

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-23-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

I see that the tires changed at some point. I really like the look of the Falken tires. A local guy got the G6 Falken and I can't wait to see it in person.
Brainanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainanator View Post
I see that the tires changed at some point. I really like the look of the Falken tires. A local guy got the G6 Falken and I can't wait to see it in person.
Yeah..I actually bought these separate cause I didn't feel like making a mess to remove the stock tires from the wheels and I used the stock ones in another rig of mine. Keep in mind that the ones you can buy are in r35 and the stock ones are in a stiffer compound..I know this cause I could tell that they were a different compound..just something to keep in mind.. thanks for the input

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-23-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Well here is a pic of the driveshaft install. yeah now you can see what I mean by shaving the spur cover down:
Mip makes a kit..iirc...10145 which has longer hubs to get it away from the spur cover so you dont have to clearance anything...
Old 07-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Mip makes a kit..iirc...10145 which has longer hubs to get it away from the spur cover so you dont have to clearance anything...
Well shoot..I wish I would've known that so I didn't have to grind the cover up..oh well. Thank you, I might get these later on and replace the spur cover..but that's if I decide to which I'll most likely keep it the way it is for now. I have like 3 old spur gear covers laying around so replacing it is no issue.
Anyways thanks again
Old 07-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

Here is my 4pl!! Literally just came in...Ahh I'll wire this up and see the power!
Views: 786
Size:  71.3 KB
Old 07-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Well I got the radio and everything all wired up..there's only one problem.
The winch is NOT strong enough to pull a 8 lb jeep
Here's what it does:
- I soldered it to the esc batt wires and then plugged it in..it worked fine up to the point I tried actually using it. (Remember the BEC was soldered to the esc as well..maybe it shorted out the winch?!) All it did next was go in reverse and not forward..any thoughts?? It won't go forward and now...the stupid thing doesn't work. When I tried actually pulling my jeep all the way using winch power..it kinda started to weaken out and it didn't even work after that. So I'm going to get a KMS and a HeyOk 4a relay..the 3racing winch is garbage. I'm not going with a rc4wd one either for the simple fact that I want something that's reliable and a KMS is just that.

I also have a hell a lot of wires everywhere..looks like a damn birds nest but I'm try to figure all of this out. Can anyone please answer my questions on the winch? Now I'm out like 30 bucks!!

My offical G6 Falken Build thread: - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"DIABLO" Ottsix Post Season Build Off! offical build thread silver falcon 2.2 Scale Rigs 21 09-06-2014 06:08 PM
Knuckle weights. Offical thread Erik D_lux Team Losi Comp Crawler 269 09-30-2012 04:03 PM
Offical RCC Christmas Shawg Thread ColquittCustom405 Chit Chat 92 12-31-2010 05:03 AM
Offical Christmas Schwag Thread! ColquittCustom405 Chit Chat 83 12-27-2007 10:44 PM