Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My offical G6 Falken Build thread:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My offical G6 Falken Build thread:

Hey everyone, I know that some of you have been wondering why I haven't gotten my build thread up lately so here it is. Bare with me though, most of the parts including the main truck are still in shipping process however I got some parts in today. Here are some pictures so far:
Everything that I got in (I put the wheels together first obviously)
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  67.0 KB
Curries...
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  64.7 KB
Gear Head light bar (white/blue)...
Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  57.4 KB
A comparison of tires...
Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  58.4 KB
Locked-up-rc F.I. spool and the slipper Eliminator...
Name:  photo6.jpg
Views: 2040
Size:  55.6 KB
SAVOX SA-1230SG w/ axial locking servo horn...
Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 2028
Size:  61.6 KB

So that's all of it for now, like I said my main truck and everything else will be in either later this week or the beginning of next week. I figured it was time to get this thread going! I apologize for the wait, if you want a full parts list then I'll get it up soon. More pictures and parts coming soon, stay tuned! - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My offical G6 Falken Build thread:

Here's a full parts list in case you're wondering:
- VP 1.9 scale OMF beadlocks (obviously)
- VP Currie front and rear-grey
- VP 8 degree c-hubs
- VP 8 degree knuckles
- VP 10 pc link kit
- Locked-up-rc locker spools
- Locked-up-rc slipper eliminator kit
- VP Transmission housing
- R.R. solid steel outdrive (diff) gear
- R.R. steel idler gear
- axial universal axle shafts
- MIP driveshafts
- STRC front and rear shock hoops
- STRC shock upgrade, aluminum bodies
- Savox SA-1230SG (500oz at 6v)
- C.C. BEC 10 amp set to 6v
- Gear head LED light bar
- Holmes Hobby BR-XL with CrawlMasterPro 13t (gearing will be 84/16 btw)
- Axial H.D. bevel gear set
- Axial simple LED controller (7 bright white lights in total)
- Level 3 racing winch 1/8 (plugged to ch 3 for radio operation)
- Futaba 4pls radio system
- Fast Eddy Bearing kit
- JunFac skid plate
MISC:
- Gear Head y-connector
- spektrum servo extension
- M3x3 grub screws to plug up those unneeded holes in the curries
- a few new drill bits to drill the light bar mounts in the body..I have a little surprise with that btw.

I think that's everything lol. I would really appreciate some feedback from you guys, I know it's annoying that I don't have everything here yet but that is what a real build thread is..building it up! So give me just a little time to prove how awesome of a truck this be. Since this is a build thread. I will update it whenever I get something done which will be within this week so bare with me and stay tuned.

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-17-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks like a good start! love the curries!
Wraith913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith913 View Post
Looks like a good start! love the curries!
Hey Thanks man! I appreciate it! Yeah I'll get those curries built very soon, just waiting for the parts to come in...ahhh when it comes to this I'm so impatient lol.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
what do you want feed back on, you have a bunch of parts laying on a table.
Not sure man, I just thought it would be nice for some people to come check it out. Just wait and see, I'll get this thread going in no time. Now for those that are INTERESTED you're welcome to check it out....I can obviously see that you don't give a sh#t about this thread so you can go now...
Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
maybe if you spent more time building than answering every thread with
your useless comments you might actually have something to show.
Hey knock it off, I already talked to a moderator about this so stop. How can I do something without the parts?! I said numerous times that I'm waiting on the parts and I got everything done until I get the new parts in. It's none of your conern anyways, so leave me alone and stop bitching about my thread. Now my main rig is coming tomorrow, so I'll get the curries and other parts together and then get the pictures up on MY thread..then will you shutup about my post?!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Cool ride dude!
Gula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Theres some nice parts there, look forward to youre build
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Cool ride dude!
Thank you
Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Theres some nice parts there, look forward to youre build
Haha thank you man, more will start anytime now..(when is that FedEx guy gonna be here lol)
Old 07-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I would go with a higher quality, better fit, finish, lighter weight, complete set of HotRacing lightweight (or regular) steel transmission gears over the Robinson stuff. Especially that one piece bottom gear that likes to twist off the outputs. Thanks for the tire size comparison pic, add some Crawler Innovations foasm for them, rest of your parts list looks pretty good.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Okay guys my truck finally came in and I got most of the things on it. Although my electronics aren't in yet so bare with me. I'll get some more pictures up in just a few minutes..enjoy!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  64.4 KB

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-18-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I would go with a higher quality, better fit, finish, lighter weight, complete set of HotRacing lightweight (or regular) steel transmission gears over the Robinson stuff. Especially that one piece bottom gear that likes to twist off the outputs. Thanks for the tire size comparison pic, add some Crawler Innovations foasm for them, rest of your parts list looks pretty good.
Well thanks for the suggestions but I've always used R.R. gears and have never had a failure in them..haha sorry though
Although I wouldn't say Hot Racing is bad, I actually thought about there complete tranny set a time or two.
I'm having difficulty uploading pictures right now..I might have to upload one at a time, sorry moderators hah.

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-19-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Here she is with the curries, and the wheels on. I didn't put the transmission into it yet because I'm waiting on the motor to get here...so when it does then I'll quickly get it done. I had a few difficulties mounted the curries. First was that I had to take the dremel and flatten the screws the diff cause it was rubbing really bad and I had to. I also had to dremel the axle shaft ends just a little bit because those FI gears have NO slop at all. I'm so impatient about these packages coming in and later tonight I'll drill and ream the holes for the light mounts and all of that..sorry for the wait I apologize.
Views: 2750
Size:  68.9 KB
Old 07-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Side shot, I love this body!
Views: 1611
Size:  65.5 KB
Old 07-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I'll be putting on the "free" lift kit (came with it from rpp) and I'll also modify the rock sliders cause they stick out too far and look weird. I'll have to mount the LED controller on the body because there is no way that the wires will reach the electronics box. I also need to make sure I have the rear links on right. I put the longer links on the top and the shorter ones as lowers. I was worried because the pinion shaft was either to far up or down..any thoughts on that?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Update:
- I looked up all of my orders (3 left) and there all shipped. They should be here next week, I won't get them this weekend because they don't ship on saturdays or sundays. But once everything gets here I'd like to take my time with the electronics because that futaba has a special settings menu and it will take me a long time to get use to it. I'll get everything wired up and get the winch connected to the third channel. I don't know why it's taking so long for my orders to get here, it's really annoying!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
I'll be putting on the "free" lift kit (came with it from rpp) and I'll also modify the rock sliders cause they stick out too far and look weird. I'll have to mount the LED controller on the body because there is no way that the wires will reach the electronics box. I also need to make sure I have the rear links on right. I put the longer links on the top and the shorter ones as lowers. I was worried because the pinion shaft was either to far up or down..any thoughts on that?
Why dont you make a harness for the lights with a plug in the middle so you can easily put the controller in the box and be able to easily remove the body by simply unplugging the connector..
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
Why dont you make a harness for the lights with a plug in the middle so you can easily put the controller in the box and be able to easily remove the body by simply unplugging the connector..
Wells that's an idea, thank you! I'll think about doing that although I already thought out my wiring..I could just use some double sided tape and put the connector up on the body. I was going to use a drill to make holes but thinking about it I'll just use my reamer as it will make a better hole size.I really don't have any wires to make another harness so I won't be able to make that harness although I'll see what I can do about hiding those wires and mounting them as close or in the electronics box. I'll get some pictures of the lights up tomorrow although they won't be on cause I'm still waiting on my radio but the lights will be mounted..anyways thank you for checking out my thread
Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Hey lemonhead (perfect name) what do you care 90% of the build threads on here start as rtr or a kit so really what is it to you. Tis is supposed to be a place where people can come show off what they are doing at any skill level. What are you building from scratch, you machine your own axel housings and such, so all your builds are someone else's product that you put parts on and just install. Seriously people like you really aren't need or wanted. We are here to support each other no matter skill level or $ they want to put into their rig. so he is excited and just wants others to be excited for him as I am, did your momma not teach you manners. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything. rest of us will keep supporting this thread and helping where we can as that is supposed to be the point of this hobby. Its people like you that scare people away for no reason Go Build something and shut up!!!!!!!!
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote

My offical G6 Falken Build thread: - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"DIABLO" Ottsix Post Season Build Off! offical build thread silver falcon 2.2 Scale Rigs 21 09-06-2014 06:08 PM
Knuckle weights. Offical thread Erik D_lux Team Losi Comp Crawler 269 09-30-2012 04:03 PM
Offical RCC Christmas Shawg Thread ColquittCustom405 Chit Chat 92 12-31-2010 05:03 AM
Offical Christmas Schwag Thread! ColquittCustom405 Chit Chat 83 12-27-2007 10:44 PM