Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Suspention help scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #1

Default Suspention help scx10

Hi!

I'm really new to scale-RC and i want to upgrade my the suspension on my crawler.

I'v seen that some SCXs has the shock absorbers pointing towards the center of the chassi like this:
(photo borrowed from show you'r SCX)

Is that for saving space so they don't rub the body? And whats it called when you place them like that?

i want more flex then now and wondering witch shocks you recommend?

-Odmann
odmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Suspention help scx10

They are like that because the body has a drop bed. All for a more scale appearance. As for shocks most people will tell you to check out traxxas big bores, g-made, and proline. Just spend sometime looking through the builds on the forum and you will find what you are looking for.
Lv6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

It might be the Gear head shock relocate kit. I just put it on my scx, and my shocks are now like that too.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If you want more flex then remove the rubber shock shaft limiters on the stock shocks.

You can go with different shocks if you want but most are 100 mm..This will raise the truck too high and will require lowering brackets...Most generally tend to use a larger 2.2 wheel and tire as well which lessens you available flex unless other changes are made.

Too much flex is a bad thing...looks cool and stuff but can hurt performance in more than one way.

Try removing the spacers and see how that does for you first.

If you just want better shocks in general you can have that..but I recommend if you're using 1.9 tires in the stock diameter to limit the shock travel back down to to 90 91mm to keep your
center of gravity good.

It's really simple to do...The spacers you take off the stock shocks is the same thing you would do but on the inside of the shock and not the outside...I used simple nitro fuel tubing..you would want 10 mm lengths to make 100 mm shocks 90 mm shocks...now you have an awesome shock without center of gravity loss and keep your stock body mounting height ( with stock height tires/rims)

Now, if you go with taller than stock height tires, to get the same amount of flex, you at minimum would need to raise the body or make the shocks longer..either of those will raise your center of gravity which I personally don't think is a great trade off unless it's some dedicated mud truck.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 08-05-2014 at 12:09 AM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, flex, scx10, suspension

Suspention help scx10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suspention question? crawler-kid Venom Creeper 30 12-11-2009 05:15 AM
New suspention Mechanicalbob Chit Chat 2 05-14-2009 07:51 AM
Suspention caspers_crawler Newbie General 3 02-26-2009 08:49 PM
suspention help anthony789 Newbie General 3 05-19-2006 10:33 PM