Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 3d scx10 parts renderings, do you have any?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #1

Default 3d scx10 parts renderings, do you have any?

Hello, im looking for some 3D renderings for scx10 parts because a buddy of mine has access to a cnc machine and really want to get some parts made but cant find any on the internet. I would be very appreciative if someone would pm me for email and send some 3d parts renderings my way for an scx10! Anything that will strengthen the truck but i really lookin for portal axles and any chassis braces and so on! ANYTHING! Thanks!
monstermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: 3d scx10 parts renderings, do you have any?

Check the sketchup library. Other than that, people's time equals money. They don't wanna give away something they had to sit down and design. My advice, dowload sketchup or fusion 360 for free, start learning the program, then let your imagination run wild...
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

So who do you expect to get these files from? Most anyone with files for custom parts has them because they drew them to profit from by selling a product. You want them to invest the time to give away the file?

If you want to make custom CNC parts do what
the rest of us do, pick up the measuring tools and start drawing.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the info! I was just trying to see if anyone would want to give this stuff up! I would totally let people download files of stuff i made and will be soon
Old 08-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermark View Post
I would totally let people download files of stuff i made and will be soon
I'll be interested to see what you come up with (not for me to use but just out of interest). You have a lot of free time on your hands if you can draw accurate and functional aftermarket parts and then give the files away. Most of us need to make a dollar of two to justify spending the time and money on designing parts. Just the prototype stage can cost hundreds of dollars on a part that may only end up being worth $50. I suspect most vendors on this site aren't actually profiting from their products once you figure in design, prototype, redesign, more prototyping, testing, material costs, etc. Most of us are just trying to keep out heads above water doing something we love.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #6

Default 3d scx10 parts renderings, do you have any?

They wont really be much aftermarket but just metal versions of the stock plastic ones

So not any re-designing but just converting

Last edited by monstermark; 08-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
Jeep whore

I'm pretty sure nearly 99% of axial parts can be bought in aluminum.. what exactly are you trying to replicate in metal? I'm sure just buying the part would be way less expensive then designing it and having it made.
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #8

Well having it made is free and so is designing it so
Old 08-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Its never free. Material is expensive, parts for the cnc get really pricey. And they do brake. And im with them on this. If ya wanna make your own out of metal, design it. Or heck cheat, go buy strc shocks hoops and make em in metal. Or batter plates or whatever. But people want new and better all the time. So why not spend the time and design a break through style part that everyone will hand you there paycheck for.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote

3d scx10 parts renderings, do you have any? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamic Concepts Wraith Early Bronco Panel Set... New Renderings added 5/13 Dynamic Concepts Axial Wraith 101 01-25-2013 07:34 PM
Kyosho Rock Force - Renderings are always cool! kevinlongisland Vendors Market 11 01-05-2009 03:43 PM
G-Mades new axles - Not just computer renderings anymore kevinlongisland General Crawlers 20 06-08-2006 10:33 AM