Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Hobbits Not So Stock Sxc-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #1

Default Hobbits Not So Stock Sxc-10

Hay guys just thought I would start a thread on my axial Scx-10 it has come a long ways from the massive box of bits & pieces it once was haha I mean come on we have all been there at one point or another and built from kits there a b**ch haha.
So ill start by telling specs & showing the initial stages it was once at so very long ago.
Scx-10 Dingo kit
HH Brxl esc
HH 45T crawl master motor
Random servo did the job for a while
Flysky Gt3c radio & receiver
Standard plastic evan walker rims
R35 compound ripsaws stock foams
All standard parts otherwise

Sadly these two photos are the only two I have from it as completely stock form
More to come

Thanks guys
Attached Images

hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #2

Default Re: Hobbits Not So Stock Sxc-10

So the next stage for the Dingo was to piss those stock tyres & rims off so I purchased some second hand RC4WD white wagon wheels with second hand Iroks I didn't really know much about Rc,s at this point in time so I thought they where really good ha newb I was.
After the Tyres & Rims where upgraded I hit up the boys at OneTencrawlers for a full VP link kit & Stage 1 kit.
I got that installed took bloody ages as it always does was stocked with how it ended up looked sweet went even better was really happy but of course was never finished with upgrading as we all know how that goes
A few pics of those upgrades will also thow in a few pics of the many different bodies I have had haha

Enjoy
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #3

so after having 100 bodies I finally got my hands on probably one of the most loved and wanted bodies for 1/10th scale a RC4WD yota body and tray I painted it Subaru purple don't remember the part No but I did the hood & doors & rear tail gate metallic silver wacked on a few VP led light bars courtesy of once again the boys at OneTencrawlers absolutely love there service would recommend them to anyone in Australia.
I was happy with my body and how it had turned out but as always wanted it look better so I got a mate to make up a custom tray and canopy for me which for a decent price was fantastic pics will be added in .
so I mounted up my tray/canopy and resprayed the cab to a very nice bright metallic green silver backing so it would have a really nice POP .

Attached Images

Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #4

After that body I setteled for something with a lot less weight and much shorter WB they tray was just to dam long was mostly for trailing & looks.
so I got a proline wraith body which was supposed to be for my wraith but I thought screw it ill make it for my scx-10.
I purchased a dingo cage & got to work on fabing it suit the body.
Shortly after I made my wraith/scx10 jeep body they released the axial G6 body I was pissed it looked so similar to mine haha.
I ran with that body for quite a while I still have it but have recently moved into a new body a proline jeep unlimted rubicon pics will be added.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #5

One thing I have recently done to my Scx-10 is buy new tyres loved the treps but wanted something more scale so I got my hands on some Pitbull Mad beast tyres from yes once again the boys at OneTenCrawlers loved them look bloody unreal mounted up on rc4wd rims which I did paint and bake a yellow/green I like the colour.
Last night I sat down & said to myself how can I better these already fantastic tyres so I say down for a good hour & I cut every small lug from the out side tread pattern & inner tread pattern haven't had a chance to test them as of yet but I have a comp on sunday this week so im keen as mustard to test that shit out pics below .
Any questions or Comments please feel free to drop a reply
cheers guys

Attached Images

Old 08-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #6

Just thought I'd show a few pictures of the latest updates to the Not So Stock Scx-10.
This is just showing my cut tread on my pit bull mad beasts can't wait to test them out on Sunday
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #7

So tonight I got stuck in made up a proper mount for my new custom front bumper and made up some braces for the stock plastic extended body posts made them out of some plastic xr10 lower links works really well and looks friggen cool to
Cheers guys 👍
All feedback on my threads are welcome
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #8

hi guys so I have recently done a few mods to my scx10 I have cut down my jeep rubicon shell into a ute added a few small scale details I have also done some more cutting to my 1.9 pitbull mad beast tyres I have cut out every small lug in the top of the tyre just to open them up a bit more to allow more grab on the rocks I also pulled apart my rear diff last night thinking it was going to be rusted to the shit house and no grease left what so ever but I was very surprised to see everything was still in mint condition as I had just built it the day before hand love marine grease pics for you guys as well.
cheers guys

Attached Images

Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #9

The body mods look cool!
Twinhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #10

thanks Twinhuey
Old 09-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #11

so I have been quite busy lately with my family so I haven't quite had time for my scx10 but I have managed to make up a new front bar & rear bar out of 3/16 brake line the rear bar didn't go so well so I just went to bunnings & picked up some steel rod and made up a small inline rear bar just to get me by last night I managed to finally pull down my favourite shell by far and mount it up took a bit of modding to the body haha heres a few pics of the new front bar and inline rear bar I also rotated my rc4wd wagon rims inside out to give it more of a deep dish look and give me a wider wheel track I think it looks wicked haha still have to do lots more to it I want to make a full external roll cage to suit my silver jeep ute tuff truck style baby haha and make up some sliders as well enjoy !

cheers guys
Attached Images

Hobbits Not So Stock Sxc-10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbits bjv4 xr10 hobbit Axial XR10 23 09-02-2014 09:42 PM
which sxc-10? axial 888 rtc Axial SCX-10 6 01-12-2011 07:23 PM
sxc-10 build help 801RYAN Axial SCX-10 0 02-24-2010 09:14 PM
SXC 10 tires? Jrshooter11 Newbie General 7 11-29-2009 08:30 PM