Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Deuce's Wild Vs Stock Proline foam in PL XL Swampers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #1

Default Deuce's Wild Vs Stock Proline foam in PL XL Swampers

Hey everyone.

I picked up some CI Deuces' Wild single stage foams for my 1.9 Proline TSL SX XL tires cause the stock ones are HUGE. I only installed one of the CI foams so far and can't say I like it. This is on my Rubicon. The CI foams are really firm! I feel like this would prevent it from conforming to the ground or rocks to crawl. I mostly use it for dirt trails, roots, rocks, type stuff. Did i get the wrong CI foams? the Proline uses a more memory foam and super squishy, which in my limited (read very new to this) experience, would help it adhere to the rocks and obsticals better.

Any input would be awesome! Thanks so much.
dlinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Deuce's Wild Vs Stock Proline foam in PL XL Swampers

Deuces Wild foams are head and shoulders above the stock foams. They do feel firm,compared to most other foams. But they really work well. Since ive installed them i have never went thru a obstacle and thought "i wish i had a softer foam", I did trim the two middle ribs in the front , softens them up a little. And im using TSL XL's also
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

If you aren't racing it, you need the Lil Nova 2-stage foams. I have them in my Rock Beasts on my JK and love them! Stock foams are too soft, let the tire roll over on the sidewall and break down very quickly.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
Deuces Wild foams are head and shoulders above the stock foams. They do feel firm,compared to most other foams. But they really work well. Since ive installed them i have never went thru a obstacle and thought "i wish i had a softer foam", I did trim the two middle ribs in the front , softens them up a little. And im using TSL XL's also
100% agree ^

Another added benefit is side hilling is drastically improved over the stock foams.
Memory foam does work awesome in mattresses though...
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Two stages are really nice, but the single stage ones from CI also perform head and shoulders above any stock foam I've ever used. Memory foam is a fad that should be left back in 08, they only work well in a very narrow margin of temperature and terrains, and even then the sidehill is horrible.

Don't have buyers remorse, you will have a great foam even if it feels really firm. Although some situations may see reduced bite, overall your performance will be much better and you will be using the rubber traction instead of the foam deformation to pull over objects. It is a lot more consistent that way. Worse comes to worse, get a dual stage setup down the line and use the foams you bought in another rig with stockers.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:50 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

It all depends on the rigs weight as well. I have a relatively light rig and I went with the Lil Novas (4.75 soft outer) and they were firm, they did break in a little bit but was still to firm for my liking. Gonna be installing some Lil Novas 4.5 softs this weekend. I wanted a little bit of tire squat.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote

Deuce's Wild Vs Stock Proline foam in PL XL Swampers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I.'s Deuce's Wild 1.9 Single Stage Closed Cell Foam urnot2brightru Tires and Wheels 14 06-29-2016 04:28 PM
Deuce's Wild - Single Stage Closed Cell for the Proline 1.9 TSL SX *XL* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 47 04-02-2015 04:14 PM
Tuning CI C.I.'s Deuce's Wild Single Stage Closed Cell Foam noname0383 Tires and Wheels 5 02-22-2014 06:39 AM
Proline swamper XL 1.9's/C.I. Deuce's Wild foams ROLANDROCKSHOP Tires and Wheels 20 01-08-2014 06:46 AM
*GIVEAWAY* Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild 1.9" CC Single Stage Foam Set *GIVEAWAY** Nova's Ark Vaterra Twin Hammers 53 11-11-2013 06:57 AM