Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Deadbolt vs Falken G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Deadbolt vs Falken G6

I am about to purchase a rtr truck. What can't decide is if I should go with the deadbolt or the Falken g6. They are basically the same except the Falken comes with the Falken tires which people seem to like. It also comes with dual rate shocks instead of the single rate shocks on the deadbolt. It also comes with a jeep body which is better looking than the deadbolt imo. I like the deadbolt body but not as much as the Falken. Do you guys think those things are worth $50?
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Deadbolt vs Falken G6

There are a few other differences also. The chassis is different...with the G6 having the SCX10 chassis. The Deadbolt has a different axle design, as well, among other things. I think it all comes down to what you like and whether it's worth it to you to spend the extra cash. Personally, I like the G6 better. I don't care for the chassis design of the Deadbolt.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

They are identical minus the tire tread and the body.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The shocks are different it says so on the axial website. I'm talking about the Scx10 deadbolt and Scx10 Falken g6.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Jus
I wanna be Dave

You like the Falken body more, so your decision is already made. Underneath the body they are 100% identical. Except for the tires of course. Both the Trepadors and Falkens are both useless though, due to being glued on and having foam too soft to work properly after a couple runs.

It's funny you mention the single springs on the Deadbolt... I have no idea why Axial did this, it's the only occasion on the entire scx line where they did this... I am happy about it though! They are working out great for me. They seem to be perfect stiffness right out of the box and as an added bonus they don't bind at all on the shock body like the stupid little collar that holds the 2 springs together does on all the other shocks.

Last edited by Jus; 08-28-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
You like the Falken body more, so your decision is already made. Underneath the body they are 100% identical. Except for the tires of course. Both the Trepadors and Falkens are both useless though, due to being glued on and having foam too soft to work properly after a couple runs.

It's funny you mention the single springs on the Deadbolt... I have no idea why Axial did this, it's the only occasion on the entire scx line where they did this... I am happy about it though! They are working out great for me. They seem to be perfect stiffness right out of the box and as an added bonus they don't bind at all on the shock body like the stupid little collar that holds the 2 springs together does on all the other shocks.

I think I will actually end up going with the deadbolt. The Deadbolt body is decent enough and $50 goes a long way towards a few upgrades.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Jus
I wanna be Dave

You just might learn to love that Deadbolt body. I liked it from the first time I saw a pic... Seeing one in person is even better. The paint is very well done. Even has metallic in it. Looks awesome out in the sun.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I had the same decision to make, and ended up with the Deadbolt, because I couldn't justify the extra $50, even though I liked the color combo on the Falken G6. Plus, I already have a Rubicon clear body, from an unused JK kit, that I'll be using, once I get it painted. I'll probably switch back n' forth, depending on what I'm in the mood to look at. Hahaa..
The Deadbolt is pretty nice, and as others have said, sports a nice paint job. If you really detest the paint job, you could strip it and repaint it. I thought about doing that, myself, but it has grown on me.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Just get the Falken G6 body later on as a replacement shell.
stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #10

I have both and you cant go wrong with either one.
gmpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post

I have the Falken g6. I love the tires but the foams are too soft. I'm thinking of buying some axial beadlocks and another set of Falken tires but where would I find good foams?
Smonkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Falken owner here. Yeah spent a couple bucks more but at the end of the day you're the one that has to look at the truck out on the trail so that's on you. For me, coming from a wrangler rubicon, I wanted a licensed body. Realistically you could sell the deadbolt body for $50+ on eBay, and buy a falken body for 60 or so, so saving $40 but then you don't get the tires. Your money man but you can't take it with you when you die
SoCal Crawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

If you were to sell the body from either the scx10 , the g6 jeep or the scx10 deadbolt keep in mind that the Roll Cage IS interchangeable on either body.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
There are a few other differences also. The chassis is different...with the G6 having the SCX10 chassis. The Deadbolt has a different axle design, as well, among other things. I think it all comes down to what you like and whether it's worth it to you to spend the extra cash. Personally, I like the G6 better. I don't care for the chassis design of the Deadbolt.
The OP is talking about the SCX-10 deadbolt vs the Falken G6 SCX-10, they are identical except the bodies & single spring/dual spring shocks & tires. You are talking about the AX-10 deadbolt, which has the AR60 (Wraith) axles, 2.2 tires & wheels, and a plastic tube chassis...

Last edited by R/CMaxximus5.0; 08-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smonkman View Post
I have the Falken g6. I love the tires but the foams are too soft. I'm thinking of buying some axial beadlocks and another set of Falken tires but where would I find good foams?
Crawler innovations is a great place to get some great foams.
Crawler Foams
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

The AX-10 Deadbolt uses different chassis, shocks, and axles. Altogether its a different vehicle. The SCX-10 Deadbolt uses all the same stuff as the other SCX-10 vehicle line-up with a couple of exceptions. Chassis, axles, trans are all the same. Axial has made some minor changes/upgrades like going from 48 Pitch spur and pinion to 32 pitch pinion and spur, as well as the new Wildboar HD driveshafts and new speed control and servo. Dont forget about the shocks.....the ICON shocks are smooooth!!!! My personal opinion is they downgraded from the AE-2 to this new speedo, only because you could adjust the AE-2 with castle link. The new tactic servo was a good choice, but it could have been waterproofed like the speedo. Anyways the either truck you get you will have a blast with. Me personally, the green deadbolt is the way to go! I actuall converted my Honcho to the Deadbolt. The way to do that is shorter rear links and driveshaft and have the move the chassis shock mounts up 1 hole on the chassis then slap a deadbolt body on and call it a day. DONE.
dwblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #17

Thanks for all the info. I'm trying to make the same decision deadbolt or g6 but what's everyone's opinion on the dual rate spring setup vs the single spring setup?
Spazzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzx View Post
Thanks for all the info. I'm trying to make the same decision deadbolt or g6 but what's everyone's opinion on the dual rate spring setup vs the single spring setup?

You will likely upgrade the shocks in the future anyway regardless. They all leak. Get the deadbolt, save money, buy new shocks with it.

No issues with Deadbolt shocks for what they are.
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaled View Post
You will likely upgrade the shocks in the future anyway regardless. They all leak. Get the deadbolt, save money, buy new shocks with it.

No issues with Deadbolt shocks for what they are.
Good point thanks for the input. Should be ordered before the weekend is over.
Spazzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #20
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I love the single spring setup as I explained earlier. Shocks leak but most do anyway. I only run enough oil to lubricate the o-rings.

Deadbolt vs Falken G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falken G6 CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 07-30-2014 11:27 PM
SCX G6 Falken odogfish Axial SCX-10 7 07-27-2014 10:56 PM
g6 falken edition snowman9031 Axial SCX-10 24 06-20-2014 11:31 AM
Axial Falken SCX10 ? ngward79 General Scale Talk 46 04-28-2014 06:01 PM