Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Sverre`s first jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Sverre`s first jeep

Hello Rcc
I`ve been gone for a long long time :p

but now the urge to scale is too strong in this one :p

i bought myself the scx10 rtr C/R edt jeep, looks good imo

but i bought a new steering servo for it, a Bluebird Champion and i bougth a 25axial servohorn(but it does not fit) anyone know what spline size bluebird has on their servos?

and what doe you guys think is a Must do on the rtr edt and how do i do it on a budget:p

i have pitbull rockbeasts on route to me in the mail going to mount on axial 8holes with wheigts in the front, alu link to the steering is on the way also.

battery is jerryrigged in the front, going to make mounts soon.

i want/need alu links and 4link front, maybe also servo on frame if it makes the rig better if not im not that hard on the scale details that i need it to be frame mounted:p
alu chubs? do it now or wait until the plastic breaks?
shocks, replace before they break or are they good enough for scale crawl?

torque steer OH yes it got lots :p mirrorflip the tranny? what do i need in size of spacers? better to rebuild the whole tranny with steel gears when in pieces ? 27T motor is too fast for my 3yr old to handle(yes i let him drive my rig to get him hooked)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

maybe there is a control unit that lets you restrain the throtle output like a "kiddiemode" out there?
because i like the option of lettting the rig get alittle more omf to climb rocks. but the kid is kinda insane when give an rc control he jams the trigger to 100% and never lets go

all input and help is deeply needed and appreciated

Last edited by Sverref; 09-08-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Sverref is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Sverre`s first jeep

I wonder how is the DX4C radio on limiting the throttle on the go?

as i want to be able to use the car with full power and my little boy should NOT be able to use more then 30/40% at most :p

and one more Question.

what are the sizes on those sandtrap/recovery ramps 1:1 i`m going to try to cnc myself some ramps, but want to makethem as true as possible:p

Last edited by Sverref; 09-08-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:47 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

as the answers keep rolling in ill ask another, ive tried mildly to google the link lengths for the truck, but cant find any intel on the lenghts.

could the rockkrawler link kit from rc4wd work as lower links front and rear and keep my WB the same?
if someone has a secret link shopping place let me know, i want to change the lower links to alu/stiffer then stock plastic material. and probably the upper links also,

i found out the size on the sandtraps i think, ill make them 115x35mm but need to find some time to go to work, since i have a 30min car ride to the cnc machine and time is scarce this days:p
Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #4

I used Traxxas links on mine with no problems. I think the lowers are close to 116mm and 106mm
DerekM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Pitbull rockbeast has a sick grip from the start
I have this "reference" rock that i test and it was no problem going up that rock with boxfresh rockbeasts on

Battery mount for my 5200 2s lipo pack

Got some stickers in the mail from B.A.D rc grafix and WOW good quality work att a good price.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

some field testing and and a jerry rigged spare tire mount

i just cut the original "vertical" bumper mount and made a slant mount:p

i felt the handling was better with the spare tire placed there, probalby just placebo because i think it looked better placed there:p

and yes, the glue is being covered with either black tape or paint, prolly going for tape.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Torque steer from hell....

how can i get rid of my TS ?
just enough to rotate the transmission? or do i need to do a whole trannymirror/flip, with the rebuild etc?
i have no skills to make a tranny mirror+flip because of the "fabrication"/cutting of the housing for spacers and so on.
i saw a scx10 with the gearbox just rotated 180 degrees, will it help anything on the Torque Steer?
Old 09-17-2014, 01:31 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

the spare tire is finished and the tire came in the mail, just have to brush on some more satlywater to bring up more rust :p
what is missing in the picture is the small lovely bubbles in the white paintjob on the rim, starting to look old

Old 09-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sverref View Post
Torque steer from hell....

how can i get rid of my TS ?
just enough to rotate the transmission? or do i need to do a whole trannymirror/flip, with the rebuild etc?
i have no skills to make a tranny mirror+flip because of the "fabrication"/cutting of the housing for spacers and so on.
i saw a scx10 with the gearbox just rotated 180 degrees, will it help anything on the Torque Steer?
If you mirror the trans it will help but not eliminate torque steer.
There is no need for fabrication in the mirror process. What is involved is taking your transmission apart and making the input shaft(top) come out the other side. Then you can decide if you want the spur gear in the forward position or turn the skid around 180° to put it at the back again.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Right there with you bud. My kit is on it's way. I've been out of the game for a couple years but i'm coming back to do a full on no budget build. Wanted to do this with my last scx10 but didn't have the means. Can't wait to start! Will be watching your build as well. Nice start!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
If you mirror the trans it will help but not eliminate torque steer.
There is no need for fabrication in the mirror process. What is involved is taking your transmission apart and making the input shaft(top) come out the other side. Then you can decide if you want the spur gear in the forward position or turn the skid around 180° to put it at the back again.
ive seen many ppl sying you need some spacers to do it:p
thats why i thought it was needed to either get som spacers or cut something to fit :p

thanks for the input, should i change the gears to metal while i have it open? if so what gear kit should i use?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero View Post
Right there with you bud. My kit is on it's way. I've been out of the game for a couple years but i'm coming back to do a full on no budget build. Wanted to do this with my last scx10 but didn't have the means. Can't wait to start! Will be watching your build as well. Nice start!
ahh no budget would be nice :p
i have a budget, but i try to get the parts i want over time :p
but i dont know if i ever go for the currie or similar axle, just because i dont see the need yet prolly will buy if i break a axle, but for trailing i dont think it ever will break

will follow your build as i love seeing the crazy no budgets
Old 09-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
ive seen many ppl sying you need some spacers to do it:p
thats why i thought it was needed to either get som spacers or cut something to fit :p

thanks for the input, should i change the gears to metal while i have it open? if so what gear kit should i use?
You really don't have to especially if you are not going to overpower your rig. But it is a good time to inspect the gears and make sure there is plenty of grease in the transmission.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
ahh no budget would be nice :p
i have a budget, but i try to get the parts i want over time :p
but i dont know if i ever go for the currie or similar axle, just because i dont see the need yet prolly will buy if i break a axle, but for trailing i dont think it ever will break

will follow your build as i love seeing the crazy no budgets
Hey my last rig was very capable and was on a pretty tight budget. Speaking of Curry axles, that's exactly what will be going under mine

I should have my thread up in a week or two. We're in the middle of selling our house and I just don't have the time to sit down and get it started yet.

Pic of my last build. Had so much fun with that thing

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

@Anti Hero
Sweet Rig you had going there
the next one will surely surpass it with goodies:p

got my VP links but OFC i F%#ked it up and got myself the 12"WB kit :p

Before:

After:

so i had to mod the fenderflare to eat the tires, moved the 2 front screws on the back fender and hey presto it looks kinda ok :p

and the sparetire carrier i jerry rigged did fall off by not beeing used, so i removed it and just going to use the sparetire like this...

and with the VP links to stiffen the rig up, the torque steer is pretty much "gone"

Sverre`s first jeep - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Dingo, Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Wrangler G6 hill climb rock bouncing TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 0 07-16-2014 10:53 AM
Rigs I've built this summer Half Cab Bronco,Jeep,Jeep, Sammy madscrambler 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 09-21-2010 11:38 PM