Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: wraith transmission in scx-10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default wraith transmission in scx-10?

Whats up guys, after getting out for a while and selling my wraith and scx-10 I'm coming back to the RC world with the G6 kit.

I now see that axial has the dig setup for the wraith transmission, and I know I can by a wraith case and dig internals and build it with my current parts and have a functioning trans, but does the wraith transmission fit in the scx-10 without major mods? I'm aware of the driveline will need some shortening. anybody done it?
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wraith transmission in scx-10?

I'm running a Wraith trans with dig in one of my SCX10s. No modifications necessary, slipped right in. Very happy with it and it has performed much better than I expected.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
I'm running a Wraith trans with dig in one of my SCX10s. No modifications necessary, slipped right in. Very happy with it and it has performed much better than I expected.
Sweet! just what I was looking for!

Looks like I'll be grabbing a wraith case and dig unit to install on initial build!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Found this thread and I have a question. I have a SuperShafty bulletproof wraith tranny I was going to use for another build but may want to use it in my Rubicon for Crawlapalooza since the stock tranny has seen better days. If I just bolt it in, the MIP shaft on the front is too long. Is there a shorter shaft I can use for the MIP?
ChrisShooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisShooting View Post
Found this thread and I have a question. I have a SuperShafty bulletproof wraith tranny I was going to use for another build but may want to use it in my Rubicon for Crawlapalooza since the stock tranny has seen better days. If I just bolt it in, the MIP shaft on the front is too long. Is there a shorter shaft I can use for the MIP?
MIP does have a "dig" shaft for the AX-10 that is shorter that will work, or you could use the short wild boar shafts if you think it'll hold.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
MIP does have a "dig" shaft for the AX-10 that is shorter that will work, or you could use the short wild boar shafts if you think it'll hold.
May look into that but I also got a deal on pretty much everything I'll need to build a bulletproof transmission other than the supershafty top shaft. Hoping they get them back in stock or I'll just have to make do with the stock one.
ChrisShooting is offline   Reply With Quote

wraith transmission in scx-10? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advantage to using Wraith transmission over Scx-10?? Diesaholic Axial SCX-10 7 12-24-2012 10:57 AM
Wraith Transmission fit on a SCX-10? JS412 Axial SCX-10 17 04-12-2011 05:34 PM
scx transmission maui454 Axial SCX-10 7 05-10-2009 09:42 PM