Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Harley's $50 SCX10 Deadbolt Budget Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Harley's $50 SCX10 Deadbolt Budget Build

I could use a couple of those trays also!
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
I could use a couple of those trays also!
Same here when will they be available?
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #63
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by novarider View Post
Same here when will they be available?
I'm waiting too, so when they are available I'll get something posted.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Harley what size screws did u use to hold your esc bracket to the slider?
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #65
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Harley what size screws did u use to hold your esc bracket to the slider?
Two of the screws from the RX box that were not used during the reinstall. I removed the set pins from the slider first and then just screwed down into it that way.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Cool thanks
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Hahah, unfinished projects are no excuse not to jump right into something else! Write that down!

LOL,who said anything about the others being projects? The CC01 I was on the fence about to give as a Christmas gift anyways,and the others are fine/ran as is (well.....I do need to install the new shocks and leaves I bought with the Trail Stomper :p )
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

I think you mentioned a link for some place that you order bulk fasteners, but I didn't see a link in the description.
tain4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #69
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tain4x4 View Post
I think you mentioned a link for some place that you order bulk fasteners, but I didn't see a link in the description.
I've been using Screw Loose since I stopped selling my own kits.

Screw Loose Hardware
Old 11-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Loved my battery plate, He does good work. Unfortunatly I sold it off cause I went to boatsides and wanted to use the cash for some other things. Glad to here he is still doing these.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #71
20K Club

I got a couple of the Crawler Innovations Cell Blocks in last week. I don't normally use a lot of rig stands, but these have been super handy in just the last couple days. I dig them!

Old 11-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Just got my SCX10 Deadbolt in yesterday. I haven't even ran it yet and I already flipped the skid and tranny around and relocated the battery perpendicular to the frame in front of the motor, moved the sliders in some more, soldered on a new battery connector, and yanked the radio system out in favor of my DX4C. I would be another order for one of those plates as I'd really like my esc and receiver to be as low and forward as possible.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to ditch that big honkin' light bar in favor of a Rigid.

Anyhow, yours and Naz-T's thread on these were the tipping point in my decision to purchase one and get back into the hobby, and I suspect I'm not the only one. Axial seriously owes you guys some swag, moolah, something. It felt pretty good last night to be back out in the shop, tinkering away. With the deals that places like Tower and RPP are offering with coupon codes, it's nice to get into one of these for well under $300.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #73
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
Just got my SCX10 Deadbolt in yesterday. I haven't even ran it yet and I already flipped the skid and tranny around and relocated the battery perpendicular to the frame in front of the motor, moved the sliders in some more, soldered on a new battery connector, and yanked the radio system out in favor of my DX4C. I would be another order for one of those plates as I'd really like my esc and receiver to be as low and forward as possible.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to ditch that big honkin' light bar in favor of a Rigid.

Anyhow, yours and Naz-T's thread on these were the tipping point in my decision to purchase one and get back into the hobby, and I suspect I'm not the only one. Axial seriously owes you guys some swag, moolah, something. It felt pretty good last night to be back out in the shop, tinkering away. With the deals that places like Tower and RPP are offering with coupon codes, it's nice to get into one of these for well under $300.
Yup, I removed the light bar this week as well. Not a fan personally. I'll put something back up there sometime soon.

I looked through Naz-T's build, definitely a good testament to the stock trucks uses. My build will start to deviate from that pretty quickly and get further and further from it over time. My favorite part of these trucks is making them different. The hardest part is trying to just do a little at a time and keep the truck operational the whole time! I usually want to tear it all down and build it 100% from day one!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Yup, I removed the light bar this week as well. Not a fan personally. I'll put something back up there sometime soon.

I looked through Naz-T's build, definitely a good testament to the stock trucks uses. My build will start to deviate from that pretty quickly and get further and further from it over time. My favorite part of these trucks is making them different. The hardest part is trying to just do a little at a time and keep the truck operational the whole time! I usually want to tear it all down and build it 100% from day one!
Definitely. I was planning on immediately selling off the Deadbolt body in favor of a G6 Wrangler, but once I saw the pearl green in person, I really like it. I'll be making a few mods with some plastruct styrene such as a grill and a few other accents, then run it till the body is crapped out and worry about another one later.

I spy a few new mods in that picture, looks like the flimsy steering links didn't stay on very long. I picked up some 8/32 all thread today to stick in some leftover revo rods ends for mine.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Been back and forth on buying this truck..til I found Harley's thread. Pulled the trigger on one just now at TH. $254 and change shipped to my door! I can always blame it on Harley!...

Jim
jim_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #76
20K Club

Week 3 of the build is up. This week I did links and changed to a CMS setup.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Harley: Can u post the length of the links in mm? Looked like a nice setup, would like to copy it.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #78
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelowDoom View Post
Harley: Can u post the length of the links in mm? Looked like a nice setup, would like to copy it.
All I did was measure the stock links for the rear uppers, rear lowers, front lowers, and steering tie rod. Then I subtract 16mm from the eye to eye distance. That is the length of the stainless link I used, then threaded on my Revo rod ends.

For links that were different I used the following eye to eye measurements:
Drag Link: 92mm
Panhard: 92mm
Front upper link (only 1): 118mm
Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

tnx, it was the last 3 that was most intresting. But if one use a Dingo or Honcho, do you know how much longer the Front upper link have to be? and is the Drag link and Panhard the same length then? I would guess so, but i think you mentioned something in the video about diferences to the Honcho WB
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #80
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelowDoom View Post
tnx, it was the last 3 that was most intresting. But if one use a Dingo or Honcho, do you know how much longer the Front upper link have to be? and is the Drag link and Panhard the same length then? I would guess so, but i think you mentioned something in the video about diferences to the Honcho WB
The differences are all in the rear, but the VP CMS and Panhard set comes with all the links for a Honcho so that's why I didn't go that route.

Harley's $50 SCX10 Deadbolt Budget Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley's $50 Poison Spyder Wraith Budget Build Harley Axial Wraith 690 07-05-2016 02:59 PM
Scx10 integy tube chassis... Budget build! Kykrawler Axial SCX-10 71 11-27-2014 09:43 PM
Advice requested planning a budget SCX10 jeep kit build theTman Axial SCX-10 41 11-21-2014 01:14 PM
SCX10 budget build The Jimmy James 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 04-22-2013 10:53 PM