Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Power wagon build up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Power wagon build up

Got some time today to tear it down. Didnt take any in progress pics, too dirty and greasy and focused on getting it all done before the wife got home and caught me using her new table.

Truck was torn down to the frame. Installed the Team KNK hardware, fast eddy bearings and beef tubes. Hooked up the winch to fix the birds nest in the cable, which I think ill grab some line from Locked up.

Had to get a new mamba max pro since all of a sudden. Drove just fine at the last outing, then just stopped. I think a little to much water was invloved. Tried the bowl of rice trick, no good this time. Oh well it deserves it.

Since I have recently aquired a yeti, k5 ascender, I think this truck is now just being built for the G6. Keep the mamba max up as high as I can while keeping the cog as low as possible, picked up a esc mount off rpp I should have that tomorrow.

The start, have to solder some new wires off the roc412 as well

I love this wheel/tire setup. CI closed cell foams as well. )

Jfrisch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I was also feeling that it needed a new paint job...

Old 02-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Added the esc mount and outerwears mmp cover. Since my last one used to get muddy and water thrown on it figured I would try to protect it as best as possible without liquid tape or waterproofing it.

Def like the design of the mount and the outerwears cover fits perfect.

I will remove the switch just ran out of time last night.

Sorry the pics are so bad.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Dude, that silver and those wheels set it off. Gotta get some picks of it posing outside.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

The "actually is used for crawling not a shelf queen" pics will come tomorrow. Just got it all ready to go trailing tomorrow. Keep an eye out they should be posted tomorrow evening
Old 02-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Todays trail run was a blast. Little to chilly for a bunch of pics so I only got a couple. Truck performed awesome...with the exception of being so cold and lexan does not like the cold..the bed is now broken on both sides. I dont think it can be repaired so it might just end up with the honcho bed on it!

I did break my homemade battery relocation mount (was really only held on with zipties so I cant complain to much) Picked up a new one from rpphobby and light controller for the new light pods im going to attach to the front bumper took the idea from another member on here, so thank you for that. I should have them this week and ill show you what they look like.

Heres a few (posing shots)

YES this truck does take a beating, yes it does get dirty and I run on 4s with is so these rockstars are not for show.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #47

Jfrisch01, nice build! Just bought a Power Wagon to build up for trailing. Can you give us some details on the LEDs / wiring controller you are using?
tazzdevl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

The light kit actually came from a buddy who was building a toyota highlift. He didn't wanna drill holes in that new body so he gave me them, if you check a few posts back someone posted the link to the parts needed. The light came from ebay I think the set was 11$ shipped. Depending on what you want for color of cab lights, there is 4 large white, 2 small white, 2 small blue 2 small orange, 2 small red.

I will eventually get all the orange/ amber lights for my cab lights just Havent got around to it yet.

Thank you, its still got a lot more to come!
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Oh yes they are, but I forgot about the price once installed. Ive always wanted a set and this is the perfect truck for them.

Ive got to get my inner fenders mounted up tonight. Ive also got some light pods coming for it and battery plate with cms mount ill be installing when I get them. Should make for a good g6 truck.
Ive been browsing some rear options for this truck and about to pull the trigger on one from smf rc works, excellent work at an even better price.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #50

Yep, found the parts trees and ordered them! I just wondered what you used for the controller. I saw the amiya unit. Once Iget the parts in I will figure out the LEDs and control unit. Thanks for the info and for posting this build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfrisch01 View Post
The light kit actually came from a buddy who was building a toyota highlift. He didn't wanna drill holes in that new body so he gave me them, if you check a few posts back someone posted the link to the parts needed. The light came from ebay I think the set was 11$ shipped. Depending on what you want for color of cab lights, there is 4 large white, 2 small white, 2 small blue 2 small orange, 2 small red.

I will eventually get all the orange/ amber lights for my cab lights just Havent got around to it yet.

Thank you, its still got a lot more to come!
tazzdevl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Oh sorry the lights I bought come with a controller that plugs right into the rx. Im glad you like it! Thank you
Old 02-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfrisch01 View Post
One more good pic, it three wheels up hills but still makes it and grips excellent. I have a video of this climb but can't get it to post so maybe ill try from a computer.

Did you get the right front lift sorted out? In another pic it looked like you flipped your skid...just didn't mirror the trans.?
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Yes for the most part. I did mirror the trans, check a few posts before. It does help it alot, when that pic was taken it was not mirrored. Actually with the roc412 motor it had to be done (unless you want to dremel some of the 3 link down) The motor sits about a 1/16 above the nut holding the link on now.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

I see now. You did flip the plate but didn't mirror it. If you were having issues with the 3 link when the motor was up front then you may not want to mirror anyway.

Mirroring is when you take the transmission apart and make the idler gear come through the other casing halve. Just pop out the axial cover and put in other casing halve. This would keep the motor on right side but move the motor more toward the front. The spur comes out back side like when stock.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Ah I see! I was told wrong from the get go, lol someones else interpretation was different then, thanks for letting me know that. The way it is now is just fine to me so ill prolly just leave it.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

No problem. That's what threads are for. Nice truck by the way. I like that body. Looks like you're having some fun with it. That shot of it almost falling into the ice must have made your heart skip a beat!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Just a little bit, it was close to the mmp and at that time woulda been bad, I didnt have back up rigs to drive lol
Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Definitely looks better in silver!
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Nice. The silver and the Rockstars really set it off. I don't like red, but since these bodies are so expensive I'll drive mine for a while with the stock body then paint a new one to match my Cummins.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Nice. The silver and the Rockstars really set it off. I don't like red, but since these bodies are so expensive I'll drive mine for a while with the stock body then paint a new one to match my Cummins.
Have you found them unpainted?

Power wagon build up - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power wagon build Rooster87 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 06-29-2010 09:55 PM
Project: Power Wagon 2.2 build. justinart24 2.2 Scale Rigs 71 10-11-2009 02:12 AM
Another POWER WAGON build 49B1PW 1.9 Scale Rigs 23 08-28-2009 12:25 AM
power wagon build XxPr3miumRid3rxX 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 08-23-2007 08:12 AM
Power-wagon Diaz Ds-1 Scale Build. rockcrawler505 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 07-11-2006 01:21 PM