Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #161
Rock Crawler

Default Re: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's a great color! That's what I was going for with my Cherokee, but it turned out dark blue when I backed it with black.

Which paints did you use?
Tamiy PS-16 back with black, but after plenty of coats of blue so it didn't effect the tone too much, then Tamiya PS-55 on the outside.

Gave the SCX10 a little shakedown run, I was sat thinking why I haven't used it, what is left to do to the chassis to get it actually moving, then I realised, nothing!
So I took it out for a quick run.

Surprising how much pleasure you can get from using a tiny truck in the grooves of a tractors tyre.

Some tools of the trade!

The spectators were out in force, at one point I thought I was going to get a Mexican wave!

Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #162
Rock Crawler

It seems I have a sickness.

No matter what I try with this truck, somehow the old G6 seems to come back to haunt me.

Hello old friend, you're a bit dusty, but still beautiful.

Yes that does say 'clean me' I think the invisible driver is giving me a hint.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

The SCX10 is now back how she should be, as a Jeep Wrangler, some fresh rubber is needed, not sure what to get, either another set of Growlers, or try some Hyrax or maybe KLRs.

Old inner fender back on (old dirt included!) front bumper back on.

Ready for a run anyway, both myself and the truck!

Old 11-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

Actually gave my SCX10 a little run, unfortunately it was quickly called off due to a massive rain storm getting me, normally I wouldn't mind too much, but with my DSLR round my neck and the fact I was on my bike, I just packed up and left.

Will try again another day, but got a couple of snaps while I was there.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #165
Rock Crawler

Proper shakedown run at an old stomping ground, for followers of the thread, you'll recognise some places in the pictures probably.

I love this electrics set up, this motor is unbelieveably good (it was in the Bomber too, but for slow crawling it's fantastic) proof positive that it's complete crap who say "you get what you pay for" this outperforms motor 3-4-5x the cost.

Hate these tyres didn't think I'd get along with them somehow on my other little run locally, so I've ordered some Ottsix Voodoo KLRs to try, being a faithful Pitbull lover, it took a lot, but a set came up cheap, so thought I'd try the Voodoos.

Also riding home today and I saw a place that looks awesome for crawling too, so we might be trying that this weekend, hopefully to give the new tyres a try too.

All in all a really good crawl out and I got some nice onboard footage too following the Scout most of the way round, so that video will be coming too when I finish editing.

Here's a bunch of pictures.

This one will make more sense when you see the footage.

An audience, but not the usual sheep!

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4835/45891177262_25937bfab7_b.jpg[/img]

Old 11-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Here's some footage from the above pictures, I split it into two parts as it was a bit long, part 2 will come shortly.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
I love this electrics set up, this motor is unbelieveably good (it was in the Bomber too, but for slow crawling it's fantastic) proof positive that it's complete crap who say "you get what you pay for" this outperforms motor 3-4-5x the cost.
What electrics set up do you speak of? Great video brotha! Will be subscribing!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #168
RCC Addict

nice Yamaha motorcycle
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #169
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
What electrics set up do you speak of? Great video brotha! Will be subscribing!
I'm running a Holmes Trailmaster Sport 21t 550 can, with a HobbyWing 1080... Thanks for subscribing man, part 2 is now up but I didn't post it on here!

I'm currently trying to source a cheap SCX10 or something for my Dad, we're kinda on a budget at the moment with me being out of work, but he's wanted one for a while and it would be awesome to follow something with onboard footage and pictures that's a bit more of a realistic looking truck next to my Jeep... Prices are so high here in the UK though which sucks!
Maybe we'll get something sorted next year for him and should have some better onboard footage from both trucks.

If you can believe it my SCX10 actually got ran today.
Mostly for a quick test of these Voodoos... Actually like them so far, seem as capable if not more capable than my Pitbulls which have always been my favourite.
Maybe the hype is real.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #170
RCC Addict

I'm running the 1080 as well. Hoping i get a hh motor for Xmas. We shall see. Those are some great pictures. Great looking rig! Post in the wanted section. I'm sure someone can hook you up with a good deal on a rig. I've seen allot of og scx10 go for cheap. Good luck brotha! can't wait to see your new video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm running the 1080 as well. Hoping i get a hh motor for Xmas. We shall see. Those are some great pictures. Great looking rig! Post in the wanted section. I'm sure someone can hook you up with a good deal on a rig. I've seen allot of og scx10 go for cheap. Good luck brotha! can't wait to see your new video

I love this motor, best one I've ever used, including some of the other HH motors and super cheap as well.
I'm in the UK man, most of the guys here are in the USA, so shipping costs would kill any saving I made, thanks for the suggestion though, there's some really nice rigs for way less money in the USA than over here, stock used beaters go for £220 over here which is around $270, definitely cheaper over there.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #172
RCC Addict

There's always buying the parts and building your own. Then you and you pops could build it together and make it what he/you want. Crazy dude from YouTube kevin talbot over that way somewhere i know he's got a parts house going on. I know shipping and all but ascender broncos are $250 right now.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:23 AM   #173
Rock Stacker

Great pics ,as always, Dan...being in N Wales especially like the sheep!!
M and M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:52 AM   #174
Rock Crawler

Quote:
There's always buying the parts and building your own. Then you and you pops could build it together and make it what he/you want. Crazy dude from YouTube kevin talbot over that way somewhere i know he's got a parts house going on. I know shipping and all but ascender broncos are $250 right now.

That's one option but doesn't work out any cheaper really, when you factor in everything.
Kevins prices are high, we have cheaper places over here than him, but thank you for the suggestion.
The Ascender Bronco would be cool, but shipping and import duties just remove any discount unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and M View Post
Great pics ,as always, Dan...being in N Wales especially like the sheep!!

Ahhh you will have it even worse than me lol
Old 01-22-2019, 06:44 AM   #175
Rock Crawler

The SCX10 and my Dads Sprout got a run... Didn't take many pictures and no video, I've had a flu bug since Boxing day and now have a suspected ear infection, so I wasn't really feeling it... Still had fun though, apart from going almost all the way through one of my LiPos wires by not having the spur gear cover on.

Seriously considering just buying the SCX10ii raw builders kit and putting these wheels/tyres, electrics and body onto it.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #176
Rock Crawler

Took the SCX10 out for a dust blowing off session.
Performed amazingly, these Voodoos hook even better than I remember, the whole truck performed better than I remember it, think I need to clock the rear axle up just a little bit to help reduce the torque twist more, the lower links are too long, think they are about 102mm and they should be 92.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #177
Rock Crawler

Little update, decided to overhaul this truck a bit, with a new body, new drivetrain parts, new shocks and I will be adding some stuff to it as well, probably a winch, maybe another lightbar, need to figure out how the body is going first.

Rebuilt the axles today, now running SSD D60 housings, Vanquish stage one kit, Axial Unis, Axial HD gears with OD in the front, all fresh bearings, Vanquish hexes, unfortunately can't locate any better lockers aside from Vanquish, which are a pain to import to the UK, so they'll stay stock, at least for now.

For a bit of added visual appeal, I also didn't bother with the standard black bolts for the diff covers, instead I used some SSD scale bolts, looks much better in my opinion.

The body is a '46 Power wagon, it's doubtful I will run the bed as well, but will see how things pan out.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:42 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

She's now stripped down and ready for new parts.
Plus some of the new parts pictured.
I still think it will have no bed, so I want some fresh rear shock hoops, something to look a bit more pleasing on the eye, might either try to make something or buy something.
Not had a proper look for what's available yet though.
SSD links all done, next is new skid plate and new chassis rails.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Transmission all rebuilt, fresh bearings, Axial HD gears, fresh grease and a clean up, new chassis rails and skid also.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:42 PM   #180

the SCX10 looks great
pedrolo is offline   Reply With Quote

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM