Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Two Speed Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #1

I'm hoping to start my built in the next week or so and I plan on putting the two speed transmission in it and was wondering what would be the best T motor for it. I'm getting the G6 so I also want to know what are the must have upgrades. This is my third built in the past two months so money is now limited so really only looking for the must have.

Is there any binding with chassi mounted servo.

Last edited by THX_138; 04-21-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Merge
adonis_mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Two Speed Transmission

I mounted the servo in the frame of my honcho and I don't have any binding but you will have a problem with the steering link for the servo.
humve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I run the AX2 transmission and it needs to be mirrored or the shift servo will interfere with a front mounted battery (if thats the direction your going to go). Otherwise its a great transmission. Im running an RC4WD 35t motor and its faster than my stock SCX10 in high and WAY slower in low. You could probably get away with running a stock 27t motor for a bit more top speed but still have SUPER low end smoothness.

If you want scale looks, a CMS/Panhard is good. If you JUST want a truck that performs well, stick with an axle mounted servo.
Pavmentsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Like most guys have said the stock motor will do you fine with the AX2 transmission, I ran a Tekin 35T Pro in my rig to start with but I've always run 3s lipo that motor will cost you about 2 1/2 to 3 times what a stock motor will but it can be rebuilt, I now run a Tekin ROC 412 3100kv but if your on a budget it will cost you likely double the Tekin brushed motor but man is it fun.... The 3100kv is over kill most of the guys I run with are running the 1800kv or the 2300kv.
Needboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I have a Tekin 35T motor in mine and love it, its not the pro, just normal, and also have the FXR esc, i like how they are both very quiet compared to the stock AE2/27t. I dont run the 2 sprred tranny. Considering getting one someday.

Axle servo is lower and will get wet more than CMS. Other than that CMS is just scale looks if you want to do it. I havent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needboost View Post
Like most guys have said the stock motor will do you fine with the AX2 transmission, I ran a Tekin 35T Pro in my rig to start with but I've always run 3s lipo that motor will cost you about 2 1/2 to 3 times what a stock motor will but it can be rebuilt, I now run a Tekin ROC 412 3100kv but if your on a budget it will cost you likely double the Tekin brushed motor but man is it fun.... The 3100kv is over kill most of the guys I run with are running the 1800kv or the 2300kv.
Im curious how did the AX2 tranny held up for you with all the 3s power over the various brushed to brushless motors you ran on it?
savageasflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:25 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageasflux View Post
I have a Tekin 35T motor in mine and love it, its not the pro, just normal, and also have the FXR esc, i like how they are both very quiet compared to the stock AE2/27t. I dont run the 2 sprred tranny. Considering getting one someday.

Axle servo is lower and will get wet more than CMS. Other than that CMS is just scale looks if you want to do it. I havent.

Im curious how did the AX2 tranny held up for you with all the 3s power over the various brushed to brushless motors you ran on it?
I'm on my 3rd season with the truck with the AX2 Tranny and brussless 3s power no problems, I only ran it for about a month with the 35T Tekin brushed the only real was the extra power of the brushless....
Needboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageasflux View Post
I've had mine from about 3 years, i bought it on december 2012 and i've only broken the stock output shaft which was replaced by the HD version and changed some bearings once, i have used it only with the ROC412 3100kv and i abuse it a lot and it has hold up pretty well
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote

Two Speed Transmission - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tf2 with 2 speed transmission and 2 speed transfer case Teasley4Crawlers RC4WD Trail Finder 2 9 12-02-2014 10:34 AM
2 speed transmission schmaged88 General Scale Talk 1 10-10-2012 01:16 AM
2 speed transmission TheOgre Axial SCX-10 8 05-10-2012 08:02 AM
2 speed transmission help? 06yz250f Newbie General 4 08-06-2008 08:55 AM