Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: R.N.S Jeep NukNukizer 715 3rd SCX10 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Default Re: R.N.S Jeep NukNukizer 715 3rd SCX10 Build

Well this is part 2 of the cage and interior..........
Well not a big deal to most,but it bother me that you could see through the to underneath the cab.
if you were to look inside which I'll show later there would be a gap of about 10mm around the dash
so i cut a peace of lexan to cover up the gap..if i was to cut around that the head inside the body would be hitting the roof.

Hey my foreman asleep on the job again

so here is a template out of cardboard.

Here's how much of a gap there would be if you were to look inside the cab there would be a gap.
another test fit with the cage with cage ,interior,and piece of lexan..

I had to drill out 3mm hole in the cage in order to attach to the canvas roof.
Since i had left over 3mm scale SS bolts I also decided to make use of the.
they where to long so just needed a little trimming.

Well this is just how it will be bolted up inside the cab."front and rear".

In order to make the interior stay put I screwed in 3mm SS scale bolts where the wiper would go.who needs wiper
Plus it looks more custom without wiper besides this is a one of a kind Jeep Nukizer 715...

So i needed a way to attach the rear bumper and again we all have lots of these.
just cut up and drilled by hand to 2mm.

On with the rear bumper 2mm left over zinc scale bolt.....i may decide to put some on the sides or shoo goo.

Now that I figured that out time to again test fit cage to the body bolted to the roof.

Well that it for now will show how the front bumper will be attach i hope you guys approve...
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #102
SMW
Rock Stacker

Wow great thread. Just found it in the new posts. Thanks for sharing all the details. I have learned a lot that I'll have to steal for future builds of mine. Putting that interior in was a sharp detail. Are you going to paint the inside like regular or are you painting the outside, or both ? I have had great results with faskolor paints. Clean up is so much easier with water based paint. Can't wait for the color scheme.
SMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #103
RCC Addict

I know you have seen mine, just added lights to it. Also, here's my buddies Nukizer. He's almost done. Great build thread by the way, it's coming along nicely.
Attached Images

Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMW View Post
Wow great thread. Just found it in the new posts. Thanks for sharing all the details. I have learned a lot that I'll have to steal for future builds of mine. Putting that interior in was a sharp detail. Are you going to paint the inside like regular or are you painting the outside, or both ? I have had great results with faskolor paints. Clean up is so much easier with water based paint. Can't wait for the color scheme.
Hey man thanks very much.Ya I'm thinking outside on the interior not sure i may do the inside to,but i will attempt to freehand the paint job for sure using Faskolor paint.I think it will be much easier to paint outside free hand then trying to get in the crooks and crannies inside when masking or painting.
And it is my first time air brushing to so that good to know clean up is a breeze...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
I know you have seen mine, just added lights to it. Also, here's my buddies Nukizer. He's almost done. Great build thread by the way, it's coming along nicely.
HEY Norton every time i see your name it reminds me of the Honey Mooners.
Hey Norton never get sick of looking at your rig it really cool but it's your buddy rig that really catches my eye.I was going to chop the roof to but decided not to, but looking at your buddies made me think twice..
I'll think i'll leave mine on for now....Thanks for the pics for nice reference.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #105
RCC Addict

LOL! My dad got crap about the Honey Mooners in High School, I got crap because of Eddy Murphy's Honey Mooners skit in High School!
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #106
RCC Addict

yes i remember eddie murphy skit

enjoy.I couldn't help myself...
Old 11-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Oh I remember the days when you could be funny and people laughed with out checking their pc rule book! Your wife's a big foot Gus!
Question. Do you glue the pannles first or paint first?
big bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:45 PM   #108
RCC Addict

hey hi you doin.
I'm still not sure if I'm using glue.The interior is in there good with screws and it won't move so i don't need glue there.But the panels,I'm trying to use screws and at the same time trying incorporate it in with the body somehow,but if i do have to glue some parts of the panel.And I'm guessing your talking about the front and rear bumper,i will leave some area clear and paint on top and underneath.just stay tune you'll see.
another thing i still have to figure out how to route my wires for lights..
and that a whole other segment...

Edit : i will paint first then attach to body, no wait maybe i will attach and glue first then paint.F88K your getting me mix up now...lol
again you'll see

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 11-13-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

I'm so digging the roll cage you put in the cab. I keep going over the picks trying to get the same set up in my Comanche build
big bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

I forgot all about these bodies, looking good man. If anyone is thinking about something similar but cant find a Nuk and want a concept jeep how about the rc4wd expedition? It looks like the J-12 concept (which I find really good looking for some reason.)

RC4WD Expedition Clear Body Set (313mm)

Expedition (flipped pic to match 1:1)

J-12

NUK 715

350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #111
RCC Addict

thanks for the reference pics......
Old 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

No problem, I like the looks of both of them but havent seen many people use the rc4wd body yet. Cant wait to see yours in paint.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #113
SMW
Rock Stacker

Hey rustneversleeps

Have you looked into any solid bumpers instead of the lexan ones. They may stick out more but they sure will protect your rig a lot better, especially after all the time and hard work your putting into this. Either way I'm keeping an eye on this thread.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #114
RCC Addict

ya i know.It;s funny you mention that.I;m looking at it closer and i think when driving over boulders the approach angle they may be in the way..
Will keep them for now if they start getting in the way will cut them out and invest in some nice steel ones.....
Right now i left more then enough plastic of the bumper then i should...
Will explain more in the build.
right now I'm working on the fuel cell and the 16 lights,that right 16 what a pile of work...lol ......
eye ball engineering...
Old 11-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #115
SMW
Rock Stacker

16 lights......wow I can just imagine the tangles. If they are completely hidden try to color code each different set, makes it a lot easier when they get bundled. Also if you want body lights that can be turned on and off and are separate from your other electronics , Gear Head makes a 4AAA battery holder with a switch. RPP Hobby carrries them and they are inexpensive . They can easily be placed in the bed ot the truck and painted to look like a piece of scale gear. Plus you can remove the body without disconnecting any wires. Just an idea that I have used on my Honcho,for extra lights.

Are you using premade light strings or are you crazy enough to make up your own . If you are making yours up yourself please school us on that process. It always seems there are one too many or one too few on the strings I have used. I have used Axials sets but they are rather pricey.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #116
RCC Addict

well lost what wrote so now a have to start over.Dammm
so ya won't be making wires i have this to install

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=42665

And this....

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...idProduct=9170

Plus this....

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=24059

and for the price who needs to build them..
Oh ya still working on the body light buckets and fuel cell plus a few other scale items...keep ya posted...
PEACE........
Old 11-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Front Bumper And Lights...Part 1
Sorry for being away for so long but i have been working on this and it's not over till i say it's over...lol.
I wanted to make sure I knew where i wanted to put my lights before i post
so before i decide to use shoo goo I'd figured i will test it first to see how strong it would be.
I decided to sand where I'll be using shoo goo,just to make sure i good strong bond.
It actually looks real clear when you bond to pieces of lexan together..
And test passed. 8 LB lift is strong enough for me...
I tried to pulling it apart but would take a lot a stress to pull this apart.
So i think shoo goo will work fine for my application.

So in the mean time i tried to figure out how i would mount the front bumper.
I used 2mm scale bolts and 2 of the smallest body clips i could fined from tamiya..
So decided to bolt it from behind pieces of servo arms 2mm scale bolts.

Now on with the lights I have a hole bunch of these so i may as well use them Axial lights parts.
So again template for the rear lights.the other light will be on the bumpers and night lights..
Plus i will have a separate power supply for rock lights.

So here what we have.The lights that i will be using from FRONT to REAR left to right 16 to be exact.Hope it works.

So decided to use the light buckets that came with the Axial Nukizer body and again used 2mm scale bolts to hold them in place.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Man, really love those little details, really sets it apart, picked up some cool tips here. Well done so far.
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #119
RCC Addict

Hey thanks Joe.I try my best to fined a solution to look right.I'm kinda slow when it comes to mocking up and trying to fine parts to fit in with the thyme..
also if i can't fined a solution I'll leave it for a day or two and get back to it and everything seems to fall into place....Planning is critical,for me anyways..
Old 11-27-2015, 12:20 AM   #120
RCC Addict

Part 2

OK now that i have light where i want them,It's on to the fuel cell.
this a will place in the rear of the truck bed and it will house my light system.
So before i start cutting up the bed i made template.
I always like to do this before i have to cut things up,just to get an accurate as close as i can.

Now that the template is done i cut the ends off the fuel cell box and used theses braces from the Axial EXO.
Not sure if looks ok but it the best solution i could come up with and seem like it was meant to go there..
Another test fit before i start to make a big square hole in the rear of the bed...

There's are from the Axial EXO kit braces and will be mounted underneath the rear of the truck bed.

To get the holes to line up with the EXO braces a push firmly with my hands to get an impression on the card board for my screws....

Here's the lighting system I'll be using 16 in all and a back up alarm "Beeper".

Oh ya forgot about there's outside side mirrors with built in turn signal lights..So total of 18 light,plus rock lights.

So now that you know that this is not dead in the water I'll post pics of when it's all done..
Done meaning the lights only then i'll have to take it apart for paint..PHeeeeeeww
Can't believe I'm still working on this...

R.N.S Jeep NukNukizer 715 3rd SCX10 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C2 Custom Axial Jeep Nukizer 715 dna4engr 1.9 Scale Rigs 44 09-24-2018 08:02 AM
Quickie Build: my 2nd FJ SCX10 AKbash57 Axial SCX-10 27 01-24-2015 11:56 AM
Project JEEP Nukizer 715 Concept Senior Latya 1.9 Scale Rigs 22 03-28-2012 12:12 PM
Jeep Nukizer 715 Concept DunkinMcNut Micro Scale Rigs 15 07-23-2010 09:23 AM