Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Really Enjoying my SCX10 Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #1

Default Really Enjoying my SCX10 Honcho

I am brand new to the hobby of RC Cars... I Bought my first car (Traxxas "Bandit") only 2 weeks ago. Three days later, I ordered a Traxxas "Slash" and 3 days after that, I went to my LHS and bought the SCX10 Honcho... So I've had it a little over a week now.

I've taken it out twice so far and have REALLY enjoyed just putting around on the trails at a local park here in Phoenix, AZ where I work (I actually live in Surprise, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix). The park where I've been going is only 5 minutes from my office so I can take the Honcho out on my lunch breaks without much issue.

The Park where I've been going is great for that scale off-road experience with lots of narrow trails, washes and hills and I'm looking forward to posting some video soon.

So I have learned a couple of things in my limited crawling experience that kind of caught me off guard:

1. Time flies while your on the trail. As I said, I do this on my lunch hour and I really have to keep track of the time as it seems it's time to go way too soon!

2. I tend to stumble a lot... I'm so busy watching my Honcho and where it's going, I forget to watch where I'm going. Does that happen to anyone else...or just me?

3. I never really run my battery (NiHM) down all the way. In fact I doubt I stress it much at all. I hope that won't shorten the battery life too much.

4. I actually get some exercise following that little truck over hill and dale. Lord knows I need it!

5. While it's not challenging from a crawling standpoint, I really like just putting around on the various trails and watching the Honcho navigate the terrain much like a full size rig would. It's just very relaxing.

6. I'm already wanting a 2nd rig (not sure what yet). Don't tell my wife

All-in-all it's been a fun couple of weeks getting involved in a new hobby and I'm looking forward to many more weeks and months of fun ahead.

Don Brent
Phoenix/Surprise, AZ
debrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Really Enjoying my SCX10 Honcho

Welcome to the addiction! Starts with one, you end up several, going to comps and getting others involved...
Anyhoo, welcome to the site.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

instead of buying another, put some $ into ur honcho to make it that much more of a badass rig! sooo many upgrades to help it crawl that much better!
ny98banshee482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like you caught the crawling bug welcome to the addiction debrent. Its a great hobby, I love the building as well as the driving. It's enjoyable with friends or solo by yourself. Like all addictions it gets deeper with experiance and study. This is a place you can find inspiration RCC has some brilliant builders posting unbelievable work.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Really Enjoying my SCX10 Honcho - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7 trucks enjoying the rc 4x4 trails! Mudding at Butterfly Trail! RC offroad adventure boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-20-2014 09:40 AM
Some climbing clips RC4WD Trail finder 2 Defender Jeep Brute SCX10 Honcho enjoying Bu boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 07-24-2014 10:28 AM
New guy, SCX10 Honcho RTR, a few questions about my Honcho dan188 Axial SCX-10 2 10-04-2013 09:43 AM
Who's enjoying Unemployment? stubs179 Chit Chat 35 02-16-2010 02:57 PM
Enjoying my CR-01 85sfarunner Tamiya CR-01 10 05-26-2008 04:31 PM