Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Savageasflux SCX10 Honcho Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2015, 02:46 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Savageasflux SCX10 Honcho Build Thread

Ive been doing the fast RC thing a lot and its been fun and all with many different vehicles I have from the huge Losi 5ive-t, to super fast 60 mph truggys and buggies, and various 1/10 trucks, I decided to have my go at slow vehicles and decided to get into crawlers recently and have really wanted to do a build thread. So here is the life of my first crawler truck, an SCX10 Honcho. I have plenty of experience in RC and have all the tools and batteries so thats easy stuff, so I picked up a good condition used SCX10 with some upgrades already and began to get into the fun. Upgrades as I bought it were,

Aluminum lower links
Aluminum steering links
Aluminum front knuckles
Warn Winch and controller
Custom welded front bumper
Flysky GT3B
2 Bodies Silver and green

After playing around in the house with it for a few days, the custom made front bumper that came on it wasnt made very well and it broke. Thats ok i didnt like it anyways, i wanted a skinny front bumper with stinger, so I bought the RC4WD Tough Armor Competition Stinger Bumper and some softern springs as my first upgrade parts. I went ahead and took out the rubber bump stops on the shock shafts, as well as put in 10wt oil. The servo was a stock axial AS-3 servo, it sucked turning so it had to go. Im a Hitec guy so I tossed in a 7954SH and Castle BEC I had laying around around. I reconfigured the reciever box layout and got the BEC and winch controller in there with the Flysky Reciever and wired everything as nicely as i could.

-A lot more to come.....
savageasflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2015, 02:32 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Savageasflux SCX10 Honcho Build Thread

The RC4WD stinger front bumper got installed and then l picked up some scale King 100mm shocks, 2.2 Rock Beast tires and a used green body. Looks much cooler now, and got a chance to test it out a creek for some wet fun.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Heres a video from some rock fun by the delta. This was still with 1.9 ripsaw tires.
https://youtu.be/1LHWBYHg4H8
Old 03-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Havent been on here forever as I recently moved and been super busy, have some free time now with this wuhan china coronavirus thing going around, so figured i'd throw up some old vids i never added here, Eventually will add some new stuff as im rebuilding it into a scaler to mimic my 1:1 2005 Tacoma 4x4. Also built an Rc crawler course in backyard so will add some vids of that eventually.

Current setup: SCX10 Honcho- SSD D60 Axles, Tekin FXR & 35T Motor @ 3s 5000 lipo, Hitec 7950TH, Rc4wd winch, 100mm King shocks and 2.2 Pitbull Rock Beast XOR tires.

My Scx10 vs brothers Wrexo

Having some fun on the beach cliffs.

Savageasflux SCX10 Honcho Build Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Another Honcho build-thread DieCastoms Axial SCX-10 37 10-07-2014 12:28 PM
89Rotary Pathfinder/Honcho Build Thread 89rotary Axial SCX-10 16 07-02-2014 11:00 PM
c1 honcho/tacoma my first build thread fish-hunter Axial SCX-10 35 05-19-2014 11:07 AM
build thread or hey ma look a honcho lobojones Axial SCX-10 10 04-21-2013 11:06 PM
Superbleeder's Honcho/Tacoma Build Thread iamsuperbleeder Axial SCX-10 134 02-16-2012 08:42 PM