Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My G6 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 05:22 PM   #1

Default My G6 Build

Here it is.. After nearly a decade of being out of the hobby, I got to the point in life where I now have two kiddos, and so of course that means I get to be a kid all over again with them! So here's my build.

I started out with an Axial Jeep G6 KIT..
(I'm not going to post pictures of the build itself because everyone knows how that looks like)

Here it is after my first attempt at painting a body in 10 years.

And some without the body..

For electronics.. They are:

Novak 35T brushed Motor
Quickrun 1060 waterproof ESC
FlySky 3 channel Transmitter and Receiver
Zippy Compact 2200mah 2s 35c discharge 45c burst Lipo

I will eventually grab another Lipo for the other side and run them in parallel for more run time. For now, I'm quite happy really. I haven't even had the time to drain this entire battery down yet and I've taken it out at least two or three times, ran it for a good 15 minutes each time.

See I work full time, go to school onlinr full time, and have a family with 2 young girls under the age of 2, so I don't use it for hours on end. This one 2200 mah 2s is perfect for now, but I'm thinking running two lipos in parallel would be worth for when we go camping.

Any thoughts or suggestions right off the bat?

Last edited by CO_JKU; 02-02-2016 at 09:07 PM.
CO_JKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #2

Default Re: My G6 Build

The only thing I've done differently so far is that I flipped and mirrored the tranny.. I've read that helps with weight distribution. And having the batteries mounted on the rock sliders on each side that way it lowers the center of gravity..
Old 02-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Love to see new G6 kit builds.Even though they all start of the same.Only difference is the color.I think this is the very first G6 I've ever seen in purple.I like it-really pops with the black.Nice start.Keep us posted on the upgrades!!!
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #4

Thanks RiderZ

Color choice was inspired by my 2 year old girl hahah, but it's starting to grow on me.. My wife is originally from Baltimore, MD so she's a huge Ravens fan.. she loves it too!

I'll be getting a 4 door hard top body of the Wrangler to match our real 1:1 Jeep. That one will be black.

Last night I went a step further and color matched the springs on the shocks. I think it looks slick. I also waterproofed everything with Liquid Tape. I'll get those pictures up later when the battery for the decent camera charges up.

Since we just a foot and a half of snow, I took some time last night to work on it and let it dry overnight... this morning I'll be able to see how it does in snow!

Last edited by CO_JKU; 02-04-2016 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Nice looking rig. Was that color inspired by your daughter because of Barney?
4X4 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 Freak View Post
Nice looking rig. Was that color inspired by your daughter because of Barney?
Thank you and sorry to disappoint you but it was actually inspired by Bubble Guppies(for all those Dads out there, I bet you can hear the theme song in your head right about now )

Here is an update. Everything is waterproofed and the springs on the shocks have been painted to match the purple body (I guess I'll buy another set for my next body)

I waterproofed some things a little extra just because I wanted the electronics to blend in when looking through the fenders. My cheap way of not having fenders yet.. No more flashy colors, no more eye sore.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

What color/brand paint did you use? For future reference. I'm sure you know this-your passenger side tires are on backwards.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZ View Post
What color/brand paint did you use? For future reference. I'm sure you know this-your passenger side tires are on backwards.
I totally goofed on the tires.. oh well, gives me a reason to try out some 2.2s

any recommendations? lol

Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2X 12 oz Spray Paint Gloss Grape - Spray Paint - Ace Hardware
Old 02-05-2016, 05:54 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Hopefully that paint won't flake off on you.The paint needs to be lexan compatible and able to flex with the body.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZ View Post
Hopefully that paint won't flake off on you.The paint needs to be lexan compatible and able to flex with the body.
I hope not! If so oh well, this is my bashing body. I need to order the 4 door hard top jku body to make it look more like our 1:1 anyway..

Here are some pictures of a few days ago when I went up to Mt Rosa

Old 04-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #11

Default Made a few frame modifications

Used an angle grinder and took off almost an inch from the front of the frame in order to pull in the front bumper and give me a much better approach angle

I took a good bit off of the bumper and the bracket that attaches the frame and bumper....... There is no rubbing at all.

Here's the end result

Now the tires stick out further than the bumper
Old 04-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #12

I should have the matching black 4 door body to match our real 2013 JKU by now but I've been a little busy on that as well

My G6 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JackedDriver's R1 Build (non-specific purpose / just wanted a good build) JackedDriver G-Made Crawlers 12 01-12-2016 07:59 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM