Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Building my exact Replica of my Jeep Wrangler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #121
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Building my exact Replica of my Jeep Wrangler

Playing and testing a little the new toy.
Had so much fun with it!!!

pcrescenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper

The links will work (the SSD D60 is a direct stock replacement if used with the axle mounted servo). If you're going CMS, then just the front lower links and rear upper and lower links will work. Front uppers will be replaced with a panhard setup and one upper link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kookie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like it's skipping a tooth somewhere (axle or transmission). Remove the upper link screw and put a small washer on it before reassembling the link to the mount. I'll try to find a pic to help illustrate what I'm talking about

kookie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #124
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookie31 View Post
Sounds like it's skipping a tooth somewhere (axle or transmission). Remove the upper link screw and put a small washer on it before reassembling the link to the mount. I'll try to find a pic to help illustrate what I'm talking about

Oh, ok!

i did think to do that, becouse it get away so easy, i though that it can happen again....

like this right?

About the sound in the axle or transmission, im waiting for my new tools to arrive, for me be able to do that!

Thanks!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:08 AM   #125
Rock Stacker

While im wait for the parts arrive for me...

FOUND THE BODY!!!! By New Bright!!!

will arrive for me this week... and i will soffer a lit bit to paint it.. but im sure i can do it!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #126
Rock Stacker

Any place that i could relocate both 2200 3S batteries to dont make to much weight on the back?
maybe mor centered, one on each side... does it exists anything ready like that?

About the axles... im looking to have the stock axle yet...save money on that, and spend on what is worth it, about the body replica...
Im looking to buy/find a wheel spacer to make it a little bit wider...
And thanks Kookie, i see that if i have the stock axles or the SSD axkes, i can use the AXIAL SCX / JK 4 LINK CONVERSION KIT WITH STOCK AXLES right?
But the u said about the CMS... does it worth it? what is the difference betwen CMS and what i have now?

thanks
Old 06-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #127
RCC Addict

CMS is chassis mounted servo. It moves the servo off the axle and onto the chassis which looks more scale. The down side is you put that weight a bit higher and some CMS kits can give you a bit of bump steer if they are not setup correctly. If you go this route, the easiest thing is to buy a whole kit instead of piecing things together. The Locked Up kit is nice. Setup is a bit more involved than some of the others (Vanquish) but it is more adjustable and you can get rid of pretty much all bump steer with that kit.

All the internals from the stock housings will fit into the SSDs housing. The links will also bolt right up.

Many aftermarket wheels use SLW hubs. You can play with different widths to get the offset you want. They do run $15-20 per pair so randomly playing around with widths can get expensive. There is a vendor here called Lattice Innovations that has an adjustable kit that is very nice. I think it was ~$40. If you are going to use the stock wheels you could try different width hexes but you will not have a whole lot of options.

ETA there are tons of threads on relocating batteries to the front. Some vendors make different rock sliders that allow you to strap a saddle packs on or you could just add a plate onto the stock sliders.

Last edited by Col_Sanders; 06-07-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #128
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
CMS is chassis mounted servo. It moves the servo off the axle and onto the chassis which looks more scale. The down side is you put that weight a bit higher and some CMS kits can give you a bit of bump steer if they are not setup correctly. If you go this route, the easiest thing is to buy a whole kit instead of piecing things together. The Locked Up kit is nice. Setup is a bit more involved than some of the others (Vanquish) but it is more adjustable and you can get rid of pretty much all bump steer with that kit.

All the internals from the stock housings will fit into the SSDs housing. The links will also bolt right up.

Many aftermarket wheels use SLW hubs. You can play with different widths to get the offset you want. They do run $15-20 per pair so randomly playing around with widths can get expensive. There is a vendor here called Lattice Innovations that has an adjustable kit that is very nice. I think it was ~$40. If you are going to use the stock wheels you could try different width hexes but you will not have a whole lot of options.

ETA there are tons of threads on relocating batteries to the front. Some vendors make different rock sliders that allow you to strap a saddle packs on or you could just add a plate onto the stock sliders.

Great, so its gonna be better if i go CMS right? is that so much difficoult to set up it?
I will look into the "The Locked Up" kit

I ask about the SSD becouse it has a little bit wider axle, right? But if i can put a Spacer, or a Hubs, i will save some money on that, right?
Im looking and gaining courage to buy the Method Wheels by Vanquish...they cost a lot... but its the perfect and the exact wheel that my Jeep has on it.

Does that Wheel is already wider than the stock that i have here?
Old 06-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #129
RCC Addict

From a purely performance standpoint, having the servo on the axle is better. It keeps that weight lower and you can just 4 link the front, which is pretty simple. CMS looks cool and its more scale. If you are going to do any scale competitions, it will get you a few points.

SSD axles are the same width as stock. Hubs are the easiest way to play with your width. The hubs I mentioned in my other post allow you to really fine tune it. You will need to provide your own M3 screws, which brings up another good point. If you are going to be modifying a lot, a good M3 screw kit is a necessity. I bought a big kit from Screw Loose, but KNK is another vendor that sells them.

I dont know much about Vanquish wheels....they are nice, but they cost more than I care to pay.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #130
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
From a purely performance standpoint, having the servo on the axle is better. It keeps that weight lower and you can just 4 link the front, which is pretty simple. CMS looks cool and its more scale. If you are going to do any scale competitions, it will get you a few points.

SSD axles are the same width as stock. Hubs are the easiest way to play with your width. The hubs I mentioned in my other post allow you to really fine tune it. You will need to provide your own M3 screws, which brings up another good point. If you are going to be modifying a lot, a good M3 screw kit is a necessity. I bought a big kit from Screw Loose, but KNK is another vendor that sells them.

I dont know much about Vanquish wheels....they are nice, but they cost more than I care to pay.

Great to know that.
I wont be using in competitions, so i can save some money on that...or use it to make the replica!

Also, i will keep the stock axles, since the SSD are the same width as the stock.

So, im looking to have these parts, what do you think about it?

- AXIAL SCX / JK 4 LINK CONVERSION KIT WITH STOCK AXLES
- CVD AX10 SCX10 Universal Drive Shaft
- WIDER HUBS (to make it more likely the 1:1)
- BEEF TUBES
- TRUSS

I think thats it....
Old 06-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Have you checked your diff gears? Just a thought.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #132
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkattack99 View Post
Have you checked your diff gears? Just a thought.

Yeah, i didnt yet. Maybe almlst sure that its something in there.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #133
Quarry Creeper

They may need to be shimmed a bit thinking maybe the mess might be a little loose between the 2 gears in there.

sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #134
Pebble Pounder

Rubber mirror for Jeep JK 1/8 | RCMODELex - specialized for RC rock crawling, trial and expeditions
RC Modelex sell some rubber mirror for the New Bright JK
ColdFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #135
Rock Crawler

Not sure if you fixed your that noise yet but it looks like a driveline issue to me. Almost identical sound as a friends Falken g6 jeep. Make sure the pins @ each end of the shafts are aligned properly. If they aren't it can cause binding issues.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #136
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFox View Post
Awesome!!

does that fits the New Bright Body? it have to plug just in the door.

Thankss
Old 06-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #137
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
Not sure if you fixed your that noise yet but it looks like a driveline issue to me. Almost identical sound as a friends Falken g6 jeep. Make sure the pins @ each end of the shafts are aligned properly. If they aren't it can cause binding issues.

Hey Shift, thanks!
The pins have to be parallel in the both ends of the shafts?
Tomorrow i think the 4link it will arrive and i will open it... install the kit and see in the axles if the noise should be overthere, or in tha shafts as u said!

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrescenti View Post
Hey Shift, thanks!
The pins have to be parallel in the both ends of the shafts?
Tomorrow i think the 4link it will arrive and i will open it... install the kit and see in the axles if the noise should be overthere, or in tha shafts as u said!

Thanks a lot!
Yeah, both ends. While you have the shafts separated I recommend that you spin everything to make sure it's not binding. Spin front axle @ the pinion no drive shaft attached. Same for rear axle. Same for the transmission/motor. If everything is rotating smooth then align the shafts, one @ a time and spin it. Sounds like more work than it really is but believe me, if it's something else it should show up pretty easily. Also check your pinion angle just in case.

Wait, where am I?
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:15 AM   #139
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrescenti View Post
Awesome!!

does that fits the New Bright Body? it have to plug just in the door.

Thankss
Yep they are an exact copy of the original new bright mirror, but in rubber

What fenders are you going to use ?
ColdFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #140
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFox View Post
Yep they are an exact copy of the original new bright mirror, but in rubber

What fenders are you going to use ?
I have this fenders, dunno if it will fit:
https://www.rpphobby.com/ProductDeta...Code=VVV-C0141

About the Rubber Mirrors the mount on the NewBright body is vertical, this one by RCmodelex looks like the mount its horizontal

Tags
jeep, replica, rubicon, wrangler

Building my exact Replica of my Jeep Wrangler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Dingo, Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Wrangler G6 hill climb rock bouncing TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 0 07-16-2014 10:53 AM
93 Jeep Wrangler Replica Build. Beefalobart 1.9 Scale Rigs 18 06-25-2011 08:23 PM
Crawlmaster exact dimensions setecastronomy Electronics 3 02-18-2008 10:19 AM
Exact size of the RR2 Scattman Chit Chat 0 01-02-2007 07:35 PM