Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Third channel led lights switch & other newbie questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 03:13 AM   #1

Default Third channel led lights switch & other newbie questions

Hello,

I'm a proud new owner of a SCX10 Power Ram Wagon RTR and I'm just starting my scale building crusade.

I've bought the axial front/read bumpers and mounted some cheap chinese leds into them, connected them to the receivers third channel, all working ok when I switch on the ESC.

1. Light Kit
I now want to install the led kit below and I'm wondering if I need any extra electronics so that i can switch on and off the lights coming from the kit, using the third channel buttons from the Tactic TTX300 transmitter.

Brand AX 003 Multi function Ultra Bright LED Lamp for 1/10 1/8 RC HSP Traxxas TAMIYA CC01 4WD Axial SCX10 Model Car-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

2. Headlight/Taillight buckets

Does someone have any recommendations on how I can implement headlights/taillights to the power wagon body? I'm guessing that I can remove somehow the lexan paint from the body, but I can't find any suitable buckets that will work with that body. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Here are some images from my first run, a few days ago:
I've had to make some improvisations until my scale accessories arrive.

Last edited by devuser; 06-14-2016 at 03:19 AM.
devuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Third channel led lights switch & other newbie questions

I'd recommend you to heyok. He's a member on here and makes all sorts of options for lights, switching, winch setups etc. I'm not familiar with the light kit you posted but it looks a lot like the axial nvs kit which I do have experience with. I like the NVS but be prepared do deal with a ridiculous amount of wiring and routing that wiring can be a pita. Check out the electronics section and do some searching in there to get some ideas. I use the heyok remote switch for LEDs on my stuff with the ttx300.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote

Third channel led lights switch & other newbie questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
on/off switch via Aux channel for lights Angus_Beef Electronics 17 04-06-2015 08:43 PM
LED lights on a single HeyOk switch SoCal_80 Axial Wraith 2 01-25-2015 08:24 PM
Looking for a switch that turns lights on with 3rd channel socal2azdezert Electronics 2 12-19-2004 09:38 AM