Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Deadbolt 1 Year Birthday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Deadbolt 1 Year Birthday

Hey errybody. Just coming up on a year since I got my first crawler, the Deadbolt RTR. Been through a bunch of packs, got a couple more RCs and this rig has by far been my favorite. Here is a look at my rig and some of the things I've done to it. Just wanted to share!

Falken paintjob on a new Deadbolt body! I liked my stock body a lot because it didn't get hung up on stuff, so decided to go for another Deadbolt with a fresh paint job.

Reign RC Deadbolt Grille from RPP Hobby looks awesome. Carved out some holes for the stock light buckets and glued them into the grill. SSD Rock Shield front bumper with RC4WD big winch. The end result looks killer! I also have some Yeah Racing scale accessories on there and a couple homemade ones.

Rear light buckets are threaded directly into holes in the lexan body. The tires are the Axial BFG Krawler on their bead lock rims and everything is sealed. Tires have great flex.

Overall layout inside. Battery tray up front is held onto the frame rails with a servo post on either side and then one zip-tie to the shock tower. I trimmed down the rock sliders on either side and that helped a lot!

Added a rubber bump stop for the steering link hitting the frame. I cut off a knob from an MTB tire and stuck it on there. I also flipped the bumper mount for the SSD bumper upside down to give it more clearance in the front. Had to shave it a bit with the dremel. Some cool shock towers for adjustability on there too.

There are so many good tips on here that I used. Very thankful for the community and the awesome hobby!
Ahod39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Deadbolt 1 Year Birthday - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AX10 deadbolt body on SCX10 deadbolt BrianP Axial SCX-10 3 11-08-2015 04:51 PM
what about next year mesooners Oklahoma 0 09-28-2011 02:58 PM
GIVEAWAY! Celebrating RCC 5 Year Birthday! RCSLOT Giveaway! Ced RC Axial AX-10 Scorpion 472 01-25-2009 08:16 PM
Happy Birthday to all the Birthday boys today! Thorsteenster Chit Chat 4 07-12-2008 09:54 PM