Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Deadbolt vs 12' wrangler unlimited scx10s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Deadbolt vs 12' wrangler unlimited scx10s

While back , I decided I wanted to get into scale crawling. I bought an ambush and have really had fun! So I decided to go 1/10 and get a deadbolt. My wife was hooked. So I picked her up the silver wrangler scx10 , since we are also 1:1 jeep addicts. I was surprised with some of the differences between the two trucks. I feel the deadbolt is much better bang for the buck. The AE-2 esc is a pia to set up without castelink. Ae5 was ready to go right out of the box. It's also waterproof. The wrangler also didn't come with the HD driveshafts like the deadbolt. Same tx/rx and servos. Anyways enough rambling. Here's the pics

coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Deadbolt vs 12' wrangler unlimited scx10s

Bang for the buck is definitely on the Deadbolt's side. Not having a licensed Jeep body and Poison Spyder bumpers, spare tire, etc drops the cost a bit. The Jeep is one of the older models, hence the non HD driveshafts, 48 pitch spur and pinion gears, and different electronics. The AE-2 is a much nicer ESC than the AE-5 if you get the Castle Link.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.krug View Post
Nice rigs and cool that the wife digs rc crawling too!
I brought the deadbolt home from the LHS and set up a small course in the garage and she came out and asked to give it a try. Gave her a crash course on the radio, and off she went. She took to it immediately. She's a gamer girl. She said its just like video games, except real. So I decided to get her a crawler also. We've had a blast together.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Bang for the buck is definitely on the Deadbolt's side. Not having a licensed Jeep body and Poison Spyder bumpers, spare tire, etc drops the cost a bit. The Jeep is one of the older models, hence the non HD driveshafts, 48 pitch spur and pinion gears, and different electronics. The AE-2 is a much nicer ESC than the AE-5 if you get the Castle Link.
The jeep is certainly oddball. The servo is the same(tactic xs45) as my deadbolt. Not the AE-3 as speced out on the box.

I definitely need to get the castle link. I've seen multiple people make the statement that their lipo cutoff was set at 3.0v which is a bit low. Granted running 5000 mah 2s packs I've never even hit the cutoff. I've been pulling 3 hours of run time, and just having to pack up due to time constraints.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #5

Your observations are enlightening. I've just started my search for a scx10 based truck and have been trying to decide between the Deadbolt, Jeep, Honcho, Dodge...
Scttduk is offline   Reply With Quote

Deadbolt vs 12' wrangler unlimited scx10s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep wrangler unlimited help! Chero0116 Paint and Body 1 09-22-2011 04:16 PM
got the new proline wrangler unlimited maverick2107 Axial SCX-10 66 08-11-2011 10:08 AM
Wrangler Unlimited for K.O.M. Rockthrasher Paint and Body 9 02-10-2011 07:44 PM
Wrangler Unlimited on a Komodo shambrick 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 01-06-2010 10:20 AM