Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 09:10 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

Gave my beast a little lift. She was rubbing a little to much with my Rock Stompers. Fun Countys are just to small for this big ol SCX10 pumpkin.
Stole the front bumper off my Sawback also. Went out trailing and drove off a few stairs at speed, this tank just plopped down face first lol. Lost the old bumper in the weeds at some point. No freaking clue lol.
Winter project will be to create some kind of interior that will fit. May end up getting a T-Case to get something to fit.
Ordered some new lights and an LED light bar for the roof. Going to cut off the current one and leave the rack. Also ordered more cvds. Bought 2 sets this time, just in case...
Also going to order a new motor. I like my GoolRC motor i put in my Sawback. So will be ordering a new one soon.
Going to try and get her ready for some KCRC Comps next year.

Pretty much everything i change at this point is pure OCD moments.

Anyway, thanks for looking. Later.
webbl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Made some big changes. Broke out the 3D printer and made some stuff.
New 3D Printed Parts-
Front motor/trans mount
CMS
Receiver box
Front and rear body mounts

Bought a TCase cause i wanted to have my interior again. May still try and build my own. Need to make a rear seatbat some point also.

Wrapped my links in aluminum.

Dont know if its all setup proper, but it drives good lol. Need to take her for a test run. Getting cold out now though.

Only issue im having is in the steering. Turn to sharp to the right while it flexes it gets bond up. I think its because of the servo arm being so far out. Dont know what to do about it. Cant move the servo back without hitting the spur gear, cant move the horn the other way cause of the panhard bar. Most likely option thougj, just need to move the panhard bar back a bit. Maybe see about printing a different CMS that would mount along the rails instead of wedged between. Very little space in there, doubtful option.

Anyway, thats all for now.
Thanks for looking.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

New setup looks nice. Do you think using a shorter servo arm would help with the steering issue?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Rickleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickleo View Post
New setup looks nice. Do you think using a shorter servo arm would help with the steering issue?

Hey thanks.
Yeah that would probably work. I was looking around in my extra parts, but didnt find anything that would work.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Well, not sure if ive fixed the steering or possibly caused other issues lol, but, its not binding anymore. Flipped the horn to point to the rear and moved my panhard bar back aswell. So far so good. No binding, no noticable issues testing it around the house.

Guess we will find out.

Also wanted to show my esc power switch. I just love it here. Right on top of the passenger side slider. Nice and easy to get to.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Been working on cleaning her up. Got some new shocks. Ordered some GMade XD Piggy-Back shocks. Very nice. Went together pretty smooth. I like them and they feel nice. Can adjust the pressure and spring rate. Kinda on the chunky side though. Bigger than i expected....we'll call it a suspinsion lift lol.

Anyway. Painted up the under carriage, finally installed the light kit, made some 3D door panels, very basic middle console out of styrene to cover up the hole i cut awhile back to clear the stock trans location. It is glued onto a couple styrene sheets to fill the gap behind the seats. Not really sure why they did that with this kit.

Still need to make a rear seat or something to cover the rear shock towers. Maybe a little wooden box. I made a very crud seat for my 3D printer, but it looks like a bench lol. I'll keep trying to learn this software to add some curves lol.

Need to find my decals for the dash and paint in some details. Ugh
Old 12-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Great looking interior. I love that chain link steering wheel.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Great looking interior. I love that chain link steering wheel.

Thanks. Got a long way to go with details and paint, but im getting there. I don't think i will ever be completely done. Unless i retire this truck. Would need a pretty cool body to replace my Blaze.
Steering wheel was an extra in the Axial parts lol. I lost the one that came with the kit somehow, along with the column. Probably turn up someday. Need to get that all looking better as well.
Youd think id have the patience to leave it apart, but i just cant. Gotta put her back together as soon as i take her apart lol. Constantly driving it around the living room for a lap or 2.

For some reason my Sawback just cant fill the Blazers void. Ive been trying really hard to leave the sawback stock though. No tinkering on it lol.

Next warmish day ill have to take the Blaze out for a test drive.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbl19 View Post
Thanks. Got a long way to go with details and paint, but im getting there. I don't think i will ever be completely done. Unless i retire this truck. Would need a pretty cool body to replace my Blaze.
Steering wheel was an extra in the Axial parts lol. I lost the one that came with the kit somehow, along with the column. Probably turn up someday. Need to get that all looking better as well.
Youd think id have the patience to leave it apart, but i just cant. Gotta put her back together as soon as i take her apart lol. Constantly driving it around the living room for a lap or 2.

For some reason my Sawback just cant fill the Blazers void. Ive been trying really hard to leave the sawback stock though. No tinkering on it lol.

Next warmish day ill have to take the Blaze out for a test drive.
At least yours is drivable lol. I'm The same way tho. Every time I do a little work on my dually I have to reassemble it, stand back a look, and take loads of pics to admire my work. There's a lot of bodies on the market, but in my eyes none are as cool as the rc4wd blazer body. Lol even tho mine ain't a Blazer anymore.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
At least yours is drivable lol. I'm The same way tho. Every time I do a little work on my dually I have to reassemble it, stand back a look, and take loads of pics to admire my work. There's a lot of bodies on the market, but in my eyes none are as cool as the rc4wd blazer body. Lol even tho mine ain't a Blazer anymore.

Lol. I know how you feel. I probably have 1000 pics or more of this thing lol.
Blazer body has to be the coolest hardbody out there IMO. At least that i can find. I really like that LC70 body kit though. May have to get that for my Sawback. The other contender that i like is the Tundra body.

I found some 3D files for some more chevys. My printer only has a 5.9in bed though, so i couldnt print a 1/10 scale. Boo. Well i guess if i split it i could....someday maybe ill play around. Even have files for a little Samuri.

Hopefully 3D printed bodies take off soon and people make them reasonably priced. Some of these guys are nuts on ebay. Roll of PLA is only about $20 and they have these things way overpriced for not cleaning them up or anything. Commanche looks pretty cool also though.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I seen a early Dodge Powe Wagon body on the Shapeways site. It looked pretty cool but it was extremely expensive. I wish Rc4wd would come out with a Dodge Ramcharger body the same dimensions as the Blazer. Would love to cut it up to make a dually like I'm doing now

Old 12-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

More scale deets.
Had these jerry cans printed for awhile now, just didnt have the mounts. Browsing thingiverse, i found some. So painted and mounted them up finally. Wanted a blue one, but didnt have the proper blue. Had the green though. Homemade straps out of ribbon and paperclips. Works and looks pretty good. Might print a water jug and put it inside.
Same goes for my cooler. Done various things with it, used it as my esc box for awhile. Mostly just collected dust, unpainted. So i finally painted it. Pending straps and a tad more paint for the handles and another coat for the lid. Will look good up there strapped down.
Need to make a little wood stash also.
Been hanging on to this spare wheel mount also. Found it cheap on Amazon months ago. It was to long and just looked like crap, so i just put it aside. Well after my jerry cans were on. I asked one of the boys how it looked and he said "looks pretty cool, you should put a spare wheel on the back", i said, yeah, that would be cool. So i hacked it in half. Tried to solder it, but it must be some pot metal or something. Started melting lol. So i stopped that and broke out the jb weld. Needs more filing, but i think it fits and looks pretty good.

Im delaying my #1 problem. The CMS mount. Servo is just not in the right spot. I dont want to mess with the front anymore lol. Think im going to do some more googling to see what i can create in my 3D software. May follow the frame rails instead of going across them. Maybe tomorrow...
Since ive broke out the little paint brushes... Ugh. Painting details is my #2 not want to do thing lol.

I got a tiny drill and bottle to attend to first....
Old 12-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Cooler is secure. And how i made these straps. My first time making a hooked strap. Last ones are just loops like a belt. Pretty self explaintory. In case someone is watching and was curious. Ive seen other people do it similar ways. I used hot glue and then heat shrink around it. Just dont heat it up to much or it will start to squeeze it to much. Kinda did it on this strap myself.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Cool strap making and accessories. I really like the spare tire carrier.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Cool strap making and accessories. I really like the spare tire carrier.

Thanks man. Get back to that tranny lol.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

New set of plastic wheels came in. Been playing with some 1.9s again. Just so many more cheap options to play around with. Pretty sure these are knock off GMade NR02, based on the pics on Amazon. Packaging didnt have GMade on it though.
I like them. I got another cheap set coming tomorrow that you can air up. We'll see about that...
Old 12-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbl19 View Post
Thanks man. Get back to that tranny lol.
Yes Sir!!! Lol.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

I did it! I fixed my stupid steering lol. Just laid it down, cut some slots in my mount and slid it in place. So far so good. Dont pay no mind to that brass link there... Ill fix it later.

Been playing with these cheap inflatable beadlocks that came in yesterday. Let me say cheap again.
Tires themselves are soft and sticky, what you would expect. I like the thread on them though, makes it a little more "street". For what i do they will probably be ok.
As for the beadlocks. Crap design. Crap screws. Just a hole with a little rubber valve stem deally that you pull through the hole. Then it comes with a bicycle type needle, with a point. You gotta stab through this little rubber valve stem deally. Some videos on youtube for the 2.2 Austars, silimar, but that one has a different little valve stem deally. I sealed mine up with some gorilla glue gel. No leaks yet. I also switched around the rings. I didnt care for the ones that i put on the inside. Wanted a slimmer ring on the outside, but that meant breaking out the dremel for the fronts to clear the knuckles. Took some messing around to get them air tight, thats a understatement really. Once the glue was all dry i put them in water to inspect for bubbles. Bring on the thorns.
They are basically axial 8 hole clones with different rings. I may print some new rings for the back side. Well see. And ill get some new screws.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:51 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

There ya go! That Steering/Panhard rod you had setup was killing me to look at. This looks Spot on! You should have hardly any bump steer now.
I'm jealous of that front motor mount. This truck looks awesome and very, very scale and realistic. Great job.
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
There ya go! That Steering/Panhard rod you had setup was killing me to look at. This looks Spot on! You should have hardly any bump steer now.
I'm jealous of that front motor mount. This truck looks awesome and very, very scale and realistic. Great job.
Haha thanks!
It was killing me as well. Couldnt stand it lol.
Im not really noticing any bump steer at this point. Need to resleeve my steering link since i gave it a little toe.

Got more work to do still. Thinking about even giving it a fresh coat of white. We'll see about that. I like my earned scratches and yuck.

Front motor mount could have been tweaked a bit to make it fit in a little better. Honestly not even sure i have it on right or what it was really designed for. I just make stuff fit one way or another.

Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics/tips 80's hard body blazer on scx10 jhh1384 Paint and Body 1 08-01-2016 07:36 PM
Hard body K5 Blazer Lankenstein 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 07-07-2009 07:28 PM