Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

Starting a new thread for my truck. Was notified about my images being to big. So i deleted that one. Had lots in there. Oh well.

If you have any questions about what ive done let me know. Its been a long road to get it here i feel like, but im happy with her now. A lot of back and forth with parts. Breaking stuff, fixing stuff and buying stuff. You know how it goes.

Current parts-
Hobbywing 1060 ESC
35T RC4WD Motor
RC4WD 90mm scale shocks
HR frame rails
Aluminum hop up parts
Homemade links
1.55 Steelies
Dick Cepek Fun Country tires
Warn Winch with diy servo controller

Heres a few pics of how she sits today.

Last edited by webbl19; 04-20-2017 at 03:00 PM.
webbl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

Few more pics from this afternoon. Will get some new trail pics hopefully this weekend.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Had a nice little trail ride today. Truck ran pretty good, nothing broke for a change. Little tires sure do change things though. Overall i felt like they did alright on this trail. Scx10 axles are fat which sucks. Wish my yotas were more trust worthy. Oh well i have some SSD cases coming Monday.

Stance looks right, wheels and tires look right. Im really liking how it looks.

Things left to do.
Fix crappy steering angle
Ummm....
Hmmm....
Whatelse....

Heres some pics

Old 04-24-2017, 09:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

SSD axle housings are on. Pretty nice looking. Much better than the stock housings.

See if i like this 3 link and panhard setup. The panhard link hits my frame so i dont know. Still need to put my brass sleeves on my links.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Ordered some new tires. Arrived sooner than expected. Pretty big in there, but i like it. Might take the shocks down 1 hole. Well see how it goes.

1.55 RC4WD Rock Stompers
Old 05-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Upgraded my steering finally. Should have been the first fix! Picked up some of the RC4WD high clearance knuckles and some cvd driveshafts. Sweet!

Badnews, i ripped a bead on the last trail run. Got one run out if that tire. Kinda sad. I liked them tires. Think ill run it till it completely rips apart and then put my little fun country's back on.

All for now.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #7
MODERATOR™

Glue the tire. And flip your servo over and make a longer link so the drag link will be more inline with the panhard.

Last edited by EeePee; 05-10-2017 at 09:00 AM.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
SSD
RCC Addict

you need this: D60 Chassis Mounted Servo kit for SCX10
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Glue the tire. And flip your servo over and make a longer link so the drag link will be more inline with the panhard.
Thanks. I wasnt sure if the glue would hold. Currently its only about a 1in rip. Any kinda of glue? Super glue seems to suck. As for the link, i know its poop homeade setup, but when the truck is down the panhard bar and sterring link are in parallel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
I will look into one of these.

The bump steer isnt bad, barely noticable right now, but i do not like the cms thingy i got. Im only using one part of it as you can see in the pics and it keeps going sideways. Probably place an ordrr tonight.

Any other things that look funky you guys see?

Flipped my servo and lengthened the link. Also added a spacer. Made it steer better. Thanks @EeePee

Now to order some SS sleeve for all this junk ive created.

Last edited by THX_138; 09-05-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Just playing around in the backyard. Thinking about turning my garden space into a little place to crawl around.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Took the Blaze out for some camping this weekend. Great thing to bring for boredom! Decided it needs a rebuild. Going to strip it down and mount the body to the frame. Hopefully it goes as smooth as im imagining.
Still looks pretty cool. Taken a lot of beatings.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Great looking truck! I like how low it sits, very scale. That steering angle is crazy!!! Did you do anything other than the CVD's (which ones did you go with?) and RC4WD knuckles?
mjotrainbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjotrainbrain View Post
Great looking truck! I like how low it sits, very scale. That steering angle is crazy!!! Did you do anything other than the CVD's (which ones did you go with?) and RC4WD knuckles?
Hey thanks. Just got done mounting the body to the frame. Even more scale look to come.

The CVDs were some off Amazon, no brand. They were on Prime, they had a red sleeve about $15 for a pair. Unfortunately my trim was up to high and they have both snapped after some major abuse from the 4yr nephew.

And yeah the RC4WD high clearance knucks.

Need to order another set of 1.55 wheels for smaller tires now. The rock stompers are to big to fit now. These came off a little buggie. For mock up purposes. I have a set of fun country's that will fit. These wagon wheels are a PITA to change tires on all the time. All stripped out now, rock stompers are staying on them wheels lol.

Anyway, lot more work to do, but here is how it sits now. Made a couple simple L brackets for mounting on the front and used a block i 3D printed awhile back to mount the rear. Need to figure out the bumpers, rear seat, interior, battery location. Thinking ill use the rear for hiding electronics. Maybe in a cooler that i printed....

Need wire extensions.... So much..
Old 09-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Some better pics outside. Still need to figure out the interior. One of the rear links is a little funky i think. I got a lean on one side. Need some longer power wires so i can mount the batteries in the bed. Going to get some popcicle sticks to make a crate that the battery will fit in. Oh and i guess i need bumpers...

Got good tuck though. Also remembered how much i disliked small tires. Ugh.

Oh man. With stiffer springs i can fit my Rock Stompers....

Last edited by THX_138; 09-05-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

What a beast, I like that setup! Looks like the front axle might be pushed a little too far forward though to my eye.
mjotrainbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjotrainbrain View Post
What a beast, I like that setup! Looks like the front axle might be pushed a little too far forward though to my eye.
Thanks man.
It is a little forward up front. I really tried hard not to jack with the links when i did this. I hate links. There i said it. I hate links. I'll get around to that soon haha.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

So I just noticed from your pics that you are running 2 lipos on the side rails.
How do you like it vs one up front? I keep going back and forth on my Deadbolt.
I like the balance of the two batteries in the middle for trail running and basic climbing but then I like the one up front behind the shock towers for serious climbing.
Right now I have straps all over so I can put 1 up front or 2 on either side depending on what terrain I'm looking at.
I'm running Gmade steel wheels so when I have the 2 5200mah lipos on there it weighs about 7-8 lbs and rides real nice.
Do you have yours wired in parallel? I just plug mine in one at a time when I have the pair on it.
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
So I just noticed from your pics that you are running 2 lipos on the side rails.
How do you like it vs one up front? I keep going back and forth on my Deadbolt.
I like the balance of the two batteries in the middle for trail running and basic climbing but then I like the one up front behind the shock towers for serious climbing.
Right now I have straps all over so I can put 1 up front or 2 on either side depending on what terrain I'm looking at.
I'm running Gmade steel wheels so when I have the 2 5200mah lipos on there it weighs about 7-8 lbs and rides real nice.
Do you have yours wired in parallel? I just plug mine in one at a time when I have the pair on it.
Ive put the battery all over. Im honestly not sure if i can tell the difference. I only hit light trails, try and keep it as realistic as possible and dont go climbing on bolders. Some rocks we try and go over are big and in real life would be like 4ft rocks lol. I only have them on the sides because i found files for my 3d printer, there is also a box that i printed that will attach to it. And i like that i dont have to carry the extra battery in my pocket. Back in the day before it was setup like this with inner fenders and such, i mounted a battery right behind the grill. I liked that spot the best really.

They arent wired together. I pop the hood and switch out the plug. I need to make the wires longer though.

The body weight alone makes this thing pretty top heavy as it is, so i try and keep the weight as low as possible.

All that being said, im going to be building a little wood crate to put a battery in the back instead. For the ease of it all. Once i fit the interior it will almost be impossible to change the battery. May just have to charge them on the truck..

Not sure how much this beast weighs. It feels like quite a bit. Pretty soon im gonna make a tube bumper for it. Similar to these here. The plan anyway...
Old 09-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Yeah I rarely take my batteries out to charge as well. Mine are also independent and I plug as needed (and like you, I like having an onboard spare).
I've thought about building a circuit with a couple switches to be able to flip between batteries and to be able to charge them in the car easier (plug into a port and flip the switch one way to charge one battery and the other way for other battery).
Looks good! Keep on Trucking!
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
Yeah I rarely take my batteries out to charge as well. Mine are also independent and I plug as needed (and like you, I like having an onboard spare).
I've thought about building a circuit with a couple switches to be able to flip between batteries and to be able to charge them in the car easier (plug into a port and flip the switch one way to charge one battery and the other way for other battery).
Looks good! Keep on Trucking!
I could see something like that working with some spiffy engineering. Not sure though since they arent connected together.
Would think is possible though. Kinda like old trucks with 2 gas tanks, flip the switch to use the other tank.

Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics/tips 80's hard body blazer on scx10 jhh1384 Paint and Body 1 08-01-2016 07:36 PM
Hard body K5 Blazer Lankenstein 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 07-07-2009 07:28 PM