Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Drive shaft pops out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Drive shaft pops out

The ears on the plastic driveshafts like those spread apart under heavy load; sometimes they break and sometimes they just pop off. Its been a problem with plastic universals since the Traxxas cars from the early 90s. The intermediary shaft ends up under a heavy load if the wheels get bound up so the ears on the shaft spread.

Its probably time to step up to a steel shaft like the one I posted a while back.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #22
clm
Quarry Creeper

Your second ones broke because they were plastic and intended only for a part of the whole power output of an rc vehicle and you have them taking all the torque from the rc vehicle. Basically they only power the front or rear and you have it as the main link to power both.. and I don't know the brand of the driveshaft you used so it might not have been up to the task.

Yeah I agree your angles are all funky, but your first driveshaft did not have enough spline engagement and your second ones were not made to handle the torque.

Your best two things you could do is first try and straighten the shaft angles between the trans and the transfer box, and second get a driveshaft strong enough to handle the torque.

You may just want to put the trans back in the middle for now until you can pick up a steel driveline for the trans to transfer link. No you won't have the extra front weight... but at least you would be able to drive it.
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:46 AM   #23

I now years later. It’s not the driveshafts. Did you check your end links…. Drive shafts will pop out if your front or rear axle rotates with the tire on extreme flex. I had a screw half way out on the end ink mount on my front axle cause it to rotate away from the transmission pulling the cv axle apart. Just just future reference if anyone else experiences this.
Djkommode is offline   Reply With Quote

Drive shaft pops out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best way to join a rwvo drive shaft to the output shaft on the axle TRAV Kyosho Crawlers 12 01-29-2012 07:37 PM
drive shaft ? S ARR T 8 Axial SCX-10 3 08-31-2010 10:03 AM
***MIP C-Drive Drive shaft for the AX10...GIVEAWAY*** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 153 07-01-2008 11:18 AM
Drive shaft Help. slvrf150fx4 HPI Wheely King 9 04-25-2007 10:56 AM