Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Help locating and identifying part for scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Help locating and identifying part for scx10

Hello, I need help identifying and locating a part (pic below). I believe it's a bumper mount or chassis bracket of some sort. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
clm
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Help locating and identifying part for scx10

ST Racing Concepts Aluminum Chassis Rail Brace And Bumper Mount For The Axial SCX10 -

There ya go

STA80046RBK/GM/G/S CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Chassis Brace w/Light Bucket and hardware for Axial SCX10. MSRP: $23.99 to be exact.
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

clm, you are the man! I've been looking on ebay all morning as well as google images under "scx10 chassis bracket" and I still couldn't find it. Thank you very much for your help.

Short story...There's this truggy on ebay that I want to buy but I just can't afford it or justify (personally) paying what the seller is asking for it, so I'm gonna try to build my own.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
clm
Quarry Creeper

That's the spirit! Refuse to pay for it in one lump so end up spending two to three times as much building it over a protracted amount of time! Just the way I do things
Old 07-30-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm View Post
That's the spirit! Refuse to pay for it in one lump so end up spending two to three times as much building it over a protracted amount of time! Just the way I do things

Haha! Not at all. I guess I wasn't entirely clear in my intentions. I'm going to use an scx10.2 I already have. The guy wants $650 for a scx10.1 truggy that I can have for less than half that if I just buy and build the hilux cab+accessories and purchase the smf cage myself.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
clm
Quarry Creeper

Aha! Well that makes it cheaper when you can just turn something you already own into what you have been smitten by!

Unlike me wanting a summit and instead of buying a summit... taking an old first gen revo and slowly convert it into a summit... I only got half done when I found out about the TRX-4
Old 07-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

That's pretty cool though. It may have cost more which sucks, it's still pretty cool to be able to say you weren't gonna be stopped. You made a damn summit come hell or high water! Lol

Regarding the trx-4, I'd say to just keep it on the back burner til you can get one. Theyre pretty capable outta the box. I dont regret buying one one bit. Being I just bought a trx-4, it's another reason I'd rather turn my 10.2 into a truggy rather than buy a whole separate rig I don't really need.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #8
clm
Quarry Creeper

Oh I got my TRX-4... I had been looking at trail trucks for quite some time. I had always been smitten by the old Tamiya leaf sprung trucks but they were always far out of reasonable price range. I had been looking at the Axials and Vaterras and all the other brands but they all seemed more or less loose cookie cutter clones of each other. When I saw the TRX it just clicked, that was the one. Ordered it the end of June at my LHS and got it July 20th.

Was either going to be that or an Everest 10... as It was the cheepest cookiecutter that could be modified any which way with all sorts of the various Axial based mods.

Totally happy with the TRX-4 even just on NIMH, only really want to change out the servo, driveshafts, and wheels... And Bluetooth module

And as a bonus I get to use the TRX's Radio with the Revothing instead of spending $100 for a radio on ebay =)
Old 07-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Those are some good ideas for changes on the trx. Theres a company called MFR or Metal Fab by Reed that makes brass portal covers for the trx-4 to get some weight down low, if you havent already seen 'em. Also, CODYBOY makes some weights that work nicely as well. The truck is like a whole different truck after adding weight down low.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #10
clm
Quarry Creeper

Have seen the portal covers and weights Cody and MFR have done, as well as the ones from HotRacing. My first purchases for it however are going to be beadlocks, castle 2.0 bec, a set of wire extensions so I never have to open the radio box... and a new steering servo.

I have also been looking for unusual lipo sizes to see if I could find a Lipo in a somewhat square shape that would mount in front of the steering servo, but that will be on hold while I find a decent scrappy body and some cheap decent radio equipment to put in my $67 shipped worst currently available trail truck that I bought to be a loner so I don't have to drive alone.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Very nice! I threw a castle bec on mine after adding the savox 2290 as well. Sounds like you have it figured out. Good luck with the trx and thanks again for leading me to that bracket.

Also, not sure if it would work but its a bit more "squarish" than others and they work well. I have 3 of them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272473869206
Old 07-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #12
clm
Quarry Creeper

There is roughly 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 x 1 1/4 space in front of the servo that should be able to take a smallish lipo..

Just had an idea, a doubled up "Losi Mini" sized pack is the perfect size. Two of them stacked together should make a decent battery and be good with front weight.

Nimh shown as I have no Losi mini sized lipo :p

Although I think we have fallen far off topic... good thing you are the Original Poster
Attached Images

Help locating and identifying part for scx10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help identifying upgraded SCX10 diff gears / locker setup Lance Lucas Newbie General 9 02-17-2015 01:36 PM
Locating a body Chero0116 Paint and Body 0 03-13-2011 02:17 PM
help locating part ozpall Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 03-09-2011 09:58 PM