Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Akumu - SCX10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 03:26 AM   #21
v33
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Akumu - SCX10 build

this maybe the last update for this chassis in awhile as i move some of the parts from this rig to the SCX10 II chassis i am building. I am thinking of selling it to one of my close friends but may still keep it since there are parts arriving for it on the end of the month that upgrades the CMS/Panhard and other small parts.

Here are the latest photos taken at the Meralco Compound manmade trail, it is really nice trail with lots of thought and time put into creating it. the whole trail takes about 1hr 30mins to finish from end to end.

the middle part is a steep climb...

it goes up into another zigzag trail but not as steep as the previous one, it is however longer with lots of jagged rocks...

there is a high drop which i did not get to shoot, this rope bridge follows...

and finally the bridge... not really the end but there is another climb afterwards and then the trail ends...

this is a fun trail, actually went around it twice. the scx10 is quite capable but the DIY panhard links broke and the rest is history. Till next time!

Thanks for viewing!
v33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2018, 07:33 AM   #22
v33
Rock Crawler

i have been building the SCX10 II for about a month now but have not forgotten to give this rig some lovin on its own.

Bought some parts since last i posted and installed them. The SSD CMS Kit is now installed along with a Sanwa Servo waterproof high-torque servo. Also installed Boomracing Overdrive and Underdrive upgrades.

Unfortunately the SSD CMS kit did not come with the panhard axel mount, Chris from SSD was really great in pointing a lot of stuff i did not know about their products and guided me. Anyways, SSD axel replacements will be on hold for now since i ordered a Vanquish Panhard mount for scx10... may require some mod but I'll see what needs done when they arrive on the 6th of Feb.

Btw, this has SSD panhard axel mounts now a loaner from a good friend.

OD/UD has given this rig lots of life, in all honesty this seems more capable than my SCX10 II now. hehe

Thanks for viewing!
Old 02-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #23
v33
Rock Crawler

the Vanquish Panhard mount arrived a few days ago. I was afraid there would be compatibility issues mixing and matching Vanquish and SSD hopups... for some reason the panhard seems to be compatible, you'll notice incompatibility when you notice bumpsteers and steering alignment issues.

the only mod i had to do was add about 8mm spacers on the mono chassis SSD titanium link that connects the panhard mount to the frame rails (near the tranny).

here is a photo of the SSD (black) and the Vanquish (alloy color) panhard mounts...

Thanks for viewing!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:28 AM   #24
v33
Rock Crawler

Sadly, this is the end of this build. I think i have taken it to where it was supposed to and my friend who adopted this rig is quite happy with it. I traded this v1 for a 3Racing EX-Real class 1 rig (plus some cash) which i am currently building, also got me a Yeti. I still have my class 2 SCX10 v2 rig which is a blast to drive too... this platform has really helped me a lot in further understanding this hobby.

thanks for viewing this build!
Old 05-29-2018, 07:51 PM   #25
v33
Rock Crawler

i missed my scx10 v1 rig so bad that i swapped the 3Racing Ex-Real for it again (same guy i traded it with).

started work on upgrading to a Toyzuki motor mount i got (unfortunately lacking some parts) and in search of parts to finish it.

This will be a Class 1 rig using a fiberglass Hilux body. Who knows where this build is going... definitely eyeing performance, so axels may be upgrade etc.

Thanks for viewing!
Old 06-02-2018, 02:05 AM   #26
v33
Rock Crawler

i will getting a china made transfer case tomorrow to test on this toyzuki mount. while waiting i mocked up and mounted the hilux body, not sure what bumper i will be using but need to cut the front area to tire rubbing on the front fender.

thanks for viewing!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:40 AM   #27
v33
Rock Crawler

i just got a metal truggy bed for it, so the plan sort of went south at the moment... will get this back on track once i get some more stuff for it.

btw, the china made tranny did not work... but the top gear meshes with the stock tranny gears perfectly, the helical gears i had will need to wait for the custom top shaft to be machined. this rig now runs, i tested it yesterday at the trail. we had really bad weather (a typhoon) but it performed like expected... a few tweaks here and there and it should be comp ready.

Thanks for viewing!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by v33 View Post
i just got a metal truggy bed for it, so the plan sort of went south at the moment... will get this back on track once i get some more stuff for it.

btw, the china made tranny did not work... but the top gear meshes with the stock tranny gears perfectly, the helical gears i had will need to wait for the custom top shaft to be machined. this rig now runs, i tested it yesterday at the trail. we had really bad weather (a typhoon) but it performed like expected... a few tweaks here and there and it should be comp ready.

Thanks for viewing!
That looks terrific .
Care to share where you got the cab from please?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #29

This truck has gone through a lot of cool iterations!

I love the Dingo body as well as the orange LC70 body.

This Yota body looks great too!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #30
v33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This truck has gone through a lot of cool iterations!

I love the Dingo body as well as the orange LC70 body.

This Yota body looks great too!
Thanks! Unfortunately I tore it apart, the china made tranny top gear broke after a few test runs and I had to transfer the cab and bed to my SCX10 II for an indoor competition this weekend. Was really hoping to see this rig perform in a comp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
That looks terrific .
Care to share where you got the cab from please?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks!

We have a local guy in our country that creates these fiber glass bodies... you can try looking him up on Facebook under the user name "Mac Don". Not sure if he does international shipping though.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:05 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Really love the OG look!
Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I'm glad I didn't purchase the cheaper eBay CMS kits. I got the RC4WD instead
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Akumu - SCX10 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 wraith build or scx10 build? Cork Newbie General 13 06-08-2015 08:17 AM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Pinchflat's SCX10 "WTF am I going to build" Build. PinchFlat Axial SCX-10 99 10-09-2012 12:59 PM
My scx10 build 10yearrx7 Axial SCX-10 1 03-20-2012 07:28 PM
my first scx10 build axialchevy General Scale Talk 1 03-10-2011 07:15 AM