Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Most Upgradeable Axial Chasis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 06:02 PM   #1

Default Most Upgradeable Axial Chasis

Hi, I have a 2012 Axial Jeep that I am just getting around to upgrade. I'm having a hard time finding direct fit parts. I really like the chassis and body but I really just enjoy building the kit then taking apart, upgrading with metal, then put back together. I know it sounds strange but that is what I want to do. I just like to tinker.

Is the SCX-10 chassis nearing the end where upgrades aren't as available? I have spent the last couple of weeks going back and forth with Integy only to find out they don't have a complete set of direct fit links for purchase.

Should I start with a new SCX-10 2 chassis where there is more available? Or, are there plenty of places that still sell (and always will) direct fit, or with mild customization, upgrades for the original SCX-10.

Thanks,

Mike
JimmyPickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Most Upgradeable Axial Chasis

You can easily build an entire SCX10 using exclusively aftermarket parts. You might want to broaden your search beyond Integy, it's not difficult to find better. What specific parts are you lacking?

That being said, an SCX10.2 would offer better performance in the end, mainly due to the new axles. A set of "built" 10.2 axles under an otherwise good working SCX10 could be a good option over just buying a new car.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
RCC Addict

It has been said that a certain, very popular manufacturer will be gradually phasing out OG SCX10 parts, so I am sure others will follow. But, as if right now you can still get pretty much whatever you can imagine for the scx10. Broaden your search to other manufactures such as Vanquish, SSD, STRC, Hot Racing, RC4WD, etc, etc, etc
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPickles View Post
Hi, I have a 2012 Axial Jeep that I am just getting around to upgrade. I'm having a hard time finding direct fit parts. I really like the chassis and body but I really just enjoy building the kit then taking apart, upgrading with metal, then put back together. I know it sounds strange but that is what I want to do. I just like to tinker.

Is the SCX-10 chassis nearing the end where upgrades aren't as available? I have spent the last couple of weeks going back and forth with Integy only to find out they don't have a complete set of direct fit links for purchase.

Should I start with a new SCX-10 2 chassis where there is more available? Or, are there plenty of places that still sell (and always will) direct fit, or with mild customization, upgrades for the original SCX-10.

Thanks,

Mike
I wonder how you fail to find scx10 parts. The market is flooded with them. Really flooded! STRC, SSD, Xtra Speed, GPM, Boom Racing, Vader Products, Incision and endless more!

See: http://www.rcmart.com/advanced_searc...279e5a&x=0&y=0

and

https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?cID=&s=scx10

Seriously...

I always recommend SSD!

Last edited by tjohanne; 03-19-2018 at 09:35 AM.
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
It has been said that a certain, very popular manufacturer will be gradually phasing out OG SCX10 parts, so I am sure others will follow. But, as if right now you can still get pretty much whatever you can imagine for the scx10. Broaden your search to other manufactures such as Vanquish, SSD, STRC, Hot Racing, RC4WD, etc, etc, etc
Didn't Vanquish already discontinue the OG SCX10 stuff?

If you are starting out I'd definitely recommend an SCX10 II. Why go older and get worse performance?

With that being said aftermarket SCX10 parts are out there in abundance and you could easily build SCX10's for a couple of years without worry.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Didn't Vanquish already discontinue the OG SCX10 stuff?

If you are starting out I'd definitely recommend an SCX10 II. Why go older and get worse performance?

With that being said aftermarket SCX10 parts are out there in abundance and you could easily build SCX10's for a couple of years without worry.
Well said! Of course scx10 II is a better choice, but scx10 won't lie down and die for quite some time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Most Upgradeable Axial Chasis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xtrail chasis or SCX chasis for ax10 neuro242 Axial SCX-10 7 08-27-2009 09:42 AM