Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Looking to upgrade my links

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #1

Default Looking to upgrade my links

I just recently got a axial scx10 and it’s pretty much stock. I was playing with it yesterday when I noticed the back plastic links were flexing really bad. I wanna upgrade them but not sure what to get. There are so many options out there lol. Most of the ones I were looking at were for the scx10 II. Will those work on the first generation scx? Mine is the Jeep rubicon version and the wheelbase was right around 12 & 1/4 inch. These are the links I was looking to get but wanted to know if they would work for me

https://www.rcplanet.com/rc4wd-scx10...BoCRF0QAvD_BwE
These it says it’s a complete package but does it come with ends or the little threaded pieces that go into the links the ends thread onto?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/samix-s...BoC2QAQAvD_BwE
I really like these but not sure what ends I would need or if they are too long or not

Also I was looking as the strc links but didn’t know if I should get the ones for the scx10 II or the ones for the scx10. I want to get the ones for the second generation if they would be an upgrade but don’t want to if they aren’t gunna work.

So I’m curious what other people have got for link upgrades and what you think about the ones I linked. Thanks
Jeremy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Looking to upgrade my links

I run both Boomracing cheap links with decent 'ends' on one rig and homemade on another...
The ends are the more important element in my opinion as that's what often breaks rather than the actual rods.
If you've a stock rig it's probably not that heavy so might not need the absolute best rod ends.
You can grab different lengths as well to suit what you want to do on the overall lengths...
Hope that helps

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #3

Default Re: Looking to upgrade my links

Okay yeah that helps. I guess I’m stiff confused tho on the ends. Cause if you get the axial ends some are curved and some are straight. Where do the curved ones go and where do the straight ones go? Or does it matter? Or like if I got traxxas ends and they are all straight? Or what kind of ends should I get?
Jeremy450 is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking to upgrade my links - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aluminum Suspension Links Upgrade roadsideracoon Axial SCX-10 7 08-27-2017 08:51 AM
SCX10 Honcho 4 links upgrade questionare Axial SCX-10 15 07-07-2014 03:21 PM
Honcho Upgrade - Links and Shocks XS NOIZ Axial SCX-10 0 10-09-2013 12:10 PM
Steering Links Upgrade hueyfisher Axial AX10 2nd-gen 10 02-06-2013 06:04 PM