Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

Just got done putting the canyon trail tires on the beadlocks. Spent some time today clipping lugs. I think they'll do real good now. The wife likes the larger tires allot better. We'll see how it does here in a bit

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Smile Re: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

Had a blast last night running the dingo on a 10 gate challenge through the backyard course. Love this little truck! Really think the cut canyon trail tires out performed the TSLs. This truck always amazes me. Can't wait go crawl some more
Old 10-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #23

Have to work on my newly received Cherokee body but might mess with my tires once I get it done. Good to know that it improved the performance even more. I have found them to do pretty well already with the beadlocks so even more improvements are welcome. I am looking forward to the lighter body for a comp that is coming up, and I hope that I can have it ready by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freakinjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
A couple of weeks ago an amazing friend (carpetfuzz) sent us an Axial Dingo he had built for my family. I had been watching him build this rig for a month or so. He was asking me my suggestions on his build. I thought I was helping a brother push through a build. Little did I know it was for my wife & daughters. We were blown away when we opened up a box to find this awesome little rig. Thank you Mark! You have no idea how happy you have made us! Now we can all enjoy the hobby together. I caught the wife looking at some RC websites the other day. I'm super stoked that she's getting into it. Ok now onto the build.

Here's what was done before we got it.
Stock SCX10 dingo kit
SSD axles
Aluminum upper, lower & steering links
HPI 55t crawler motor
Hobbywing 1060 ESC
Carpetfuzz custom lighting kit
Carpetfuzz custom paint job

So far I have moved the battery tray to in front of the motor for more weight to the front & lower COG. Moved the receiver box to the side skid plate. Also had the wife remove the spider gears & install the lockers in the diffs.

Waiting on a package in the mail with some black SSD beadlocks, 4.3" proline super swamper TSL & some beef patty hexes.

More upgrades to come

Hey there buddy it was my pleasure to do that for you and your family. As I said before seeing the way that you have made it a family activity was really cool especially when everyone is involved. I knew I had to help get everyone out there with you having fun as a family. I am happy to see that it is well liked and has a new home.
One of the fun parts of the build was keeping it secret hahahaha asking you about colors and the different looks was so much fun. I would give you little hints but they were so random I knew you had no clue. Just wish I could have been there when you opened it up but hearing you and your family on phone was just as good
I was very pleased with the way it turned out and able to get in some personal touches for you. Can't wait to see more pictures of it with the family having fun. If you need anything let me know always ready to help you out. You never know when a another box is going to show up hehehehe
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Adding carpetfuzz17 to the list of people that make this world a better place.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Most definitely! Damn sure an awesome dude! Glad I have such a great friend!
Old 10-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Quote:
Most definitely! Damn sure an awesome dude! Glad I have such a great friend!
Thank you both for the kind words
It's been awesome getting to Animal and his family. They are truly great people and I grateful to have gotten to know them. Animal you know I would anything for you and the girls without hesitation just need to keep an eye out for large packages you never know what I am up too
Old 10-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #28

Was not only able to work at my new body, but had time to try it out on the rocks and my struggling motor finally gave up. Swapped it out and enjoyed my lighter body and better wheelbase, especially since it can go places that it never would before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
freakinjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #29
RCC Addict

The wife came out to the backyard course with me for a few got a cool shot of her on the course. This rig sure is fun to drive.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #30
RCC Addict

The wife played around for a few on the backyard course yesterday. Found out once again how weak axial plastics are. Broke the front bumper mount. It's hanging on by a thread. Hoping I have a spare in the parts bag. If not I'll figure out some way to keep it together for the comp this weekend. The more I see this rig on the rocks the more and more I like it. just need to get rid of all the axial plastics and start looking into steering mods/better clearance axles.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:17 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Got a care package from a great friend the other day. Inside was a set of aluminum C-hubs and knuckles for the Dingo along with some other goodies. The girls helped me put them on. Not only added strength but gained 13g on the axle. Not much weight but this rig really doesn't need a bunch. Thanks for looking!

Old 10-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Got a care package from a great friend the other day. Inside was a set of aluminum C-hubs and knuckles for the Dingo along with some other goodies. The girls helped me put them on. Not only added strength but gained 13g on the axle. Not much weight but this rig really doesn't need a bunch. Thanks for looking!

It's always great to see the 1/2 of the Mud Pie Crew getting in there and helping great way to spend time together and glad to see everyone having fun you have an awesome thing going on there don't change it for nothing and remember you need anything let me know
Old 10-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Got the chance to run this great little rig for a few courses at the comp this weekend. Could use a couple upgrades, but still crawled up almost everything I pointed it at. MADpolo gave it the nickname Mountain Goat. Once again impressed with this rig. I was able to follow his Trx-4 up all but one climb with this amazing truck. Had a blast! Can't wait for the next one! Here's some pics

Old 11-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Had a little night run fun Friday night.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Played for a few at the in-laws house. I didn't know these rocks were even here. They were covered in vines. I've been walking around there for 7 years and never seen them. Think I'm gonna make a trail over there this winter. So much good stuff to crawl there.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Played for a few at the in-laws house. I didn't know these rocks were even here. They were covered in vines. I've been walking around there for 7 years and never seen them. Think I'm gonna make a trail over there this winter. So much good stuff to crawl there.

Those look like a blast. I always like seeing action pictures of LD
Old 12-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Went out back and ran the Dingo with the girls for a bit today. I added a little bit of preload to the rear shocks. Sure seems like it helped. I'm almost positive those cut canyon trail tires do better then my Hyrax. Rocks are super wet from 2 days of rain, but this thing went anywhere we pointed it. Joss is getting pretty good crawling it. Maybe by summer time next year she'll be able to come run a event with me. Here's a few pics

Old 12-27-2018, 07:02 AM   #38
RCC Addict

A little update on the dingo. I got the HW1080 Installed and Soldered in some wires off the battery plug for the future install of rock lights. I love the HW1080 such a great ESC. Might try to get the rock lights installed in the next few days. Also got some beef tubes for the front axle for Xmas. Going to attempt drilling out the SSD D60 axle for them in the next couple days as well. Picked up some 1/8" shock cord and 1/8" steel rod (land anchor) for some DIY self recovery straps. As everything comes together I will post some pics. Have a great day!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:53 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Talking Re: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

Worked on the Dingo a bit this weekend. Tightened up all the wires after getting the ESC in place and the beef tubes installed in the SSD D60 Front axle. Drilling that axle wasn't anything fun. Threw a aluminum servo horn on it as well. Adding that weight in the axle really made a big difference. This thing climbs like crazy! Crawled a few lines on the backyard course that I didn't think were possible without a winch. Hoping between today and tomorrow I can get the rock lights installed. I'll get some pics once I get the rock lights installed. Have a great day and a happy & safe New years!
Old 12-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear you got the axles figured out. It's great when mods come together after you think they wont. Loving the Dingo, and the fact that you family plays toy trucks with you.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote

AnimalHippie's Family Dingo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure AnimalHippie Traxxas TRX-4 410 02-09-2023 06:16 PM
AnimalHippie's backyard course & Trx-4 AnimalHippie Videos! 0 07-02-2018 08:41 AM
my cc-01 family grimbergen19 Tamiya XC/CC01 7 11-18-2009 01:54 PM