Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Thumbs up Re: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Good to hear you got the axles figured out. It's great when mods come together after you think they wont. Loving the Dingo, and the fact that you family plays toy trucks with you.
Yea getting those beef tubes to work out was a huge breath of fresh air. Now time to find some better bumpers for it. Thank you! We're sure loving the dingo. Glad it keeps up with the Trx and in some spots surpasses it. It's great teaching the girls how to turn wrenches and having them see the difference each upgrade makes. Going to teach the wife how to solder here in a bit. Now that my half day is over. off work for 2 days! gonna go tinker some more while I have a few
AnimalHippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Yea getting those beef tubes to work out was a huge breath of fresh air. Now time to find some better bumpers for it. Thank you! We're sure loving the dingo. Glad it keeps up with the Trx and in some spots surpasses it. It's great teaching the girls how to turn wrenches and having them see the difference each upgrade makes. Going to teach the wife how to solder here in a bit. Now that my half day is over. off work for 2 days! gonna go tinker some more while I have a few
I think that RC is a GREAT way to get kids involved in mechanics, mathematics, electronics, engineering, physics, etc, etc... Not so complicated or "grown up" that they become instantly intimidated or bored. Just the right amount of "interesting and fun" and really neat for them to sometimes be able to quickly see the results of their efforts. Even with their ever-curious young minds, if they don't wanna mess with "this" then maybe they can move on to "that"... since there always seems to be something to do with multiple rigs lol.

As they grow ( and the fact that they're girls lol) they'll likely lose some interest but never dismiss what a meaningful and positive impact this hobby will likely forever have on their lives. You and your wife seem to have a great relationship with your girls and that's something so direly important and sadly lacking in today's world. These are the kinds of kids that grow up to be competent and compassionate adults. Kudos to you both.

And yes... I realize that y'all know all of this but once in a while I feel like it's nice to convey appreciation to others... for what they do/ for who they are. Y'all take care and have a healthy and safe new year!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:36 PM   #43
RCC Addict

First, Thank you sir! We try our best to raise our kids like were raised with a few tweaks here and there. We both had a good upbringing, but both got into enough trouble to know where the tweaks should come in. We want strong independent girls. The boys of today are slim pickings for a good hard working guy. I'm sure even less for when my girls start dating. Most teens now days can't even change a tire. Bet my 5 yr old girl could change a tire and oil of she was strong enough to break everything loose. She's been right there with me since she was 3 changing oil and rotating tires. Thank you again! It's a tuff job but someones gotta do it

RC has been great with them. Teaches them mechanics, motor skills, driving and physics. it's fun enough to make the work not seem so bad to them. I myself love the work of it. Turning wrenches and shit aggravating you is all part of the fun. They both want to stand right next to me in their chairs and watch or help me tinker. They're amazed by the soldering iron lol. They like helping with lights the most. cause they can physically see the results. Thank you again for the kind words my brother! Hope you have a safe and happy New years as well!
Old 01-02-2019, 07:40 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Finished the last few things for the rock lights this morning. They look great! Not too bad for some budget lights. Will get it on the rocks this evening to see how good it really does. Thinking about doing a DIY thread for the rock lights. It's really simple and cheap. Think I might have $12 in the rock lights for both rigs. Here's some pics

Old 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #45
RCC Addict

The girls and I wanted to see how good the rock lights work. Everyone had hands in with this light kit. Since I only did single sections of LED strip in this rig it's not as bright as my Trx-4, but still works great. These lights get a bit hot but with the little aluminum plate they don't do too bad. Now it just needs a light bar Here's a few pics!

Old 01-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Went for a night run with the wife! Was a good time! Here's some pics!

Old 01-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Here's the link to my DIY rock light kit AnimalHippie's $12 DIY Rock Lights Hope you enjoy!
Old 01-13-2019, 07:49 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Thumbs up Re: AnimalHippie's Family Dingo

Last night I got some time in the garage. Put a Turnigy 959v2 on the Trx. So I figured it was only right to throw the Power HD 20k on the Dingo. What a big difference from that stock servo! Took it out on the rocks for a little test run. It did great. With this rig being so light the power HD is plenty of servo for it. I definitely would recommend the power hd20k to anyone with a tight budget. Now time to find a better servo mount for the axle. Servo is moving around on that plastic mount.

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 01-13-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm almost positive those cut canyon trail tires do better then my Hyrax. Rocks are super wet from 2 days of rain, but this thing went anywhere we pointed it.

They seem to look good with the Dingo! I might take my extra TRX-4 Defender wheels and do likewise. Being that they're slightly wider than standard 1.9's, though, I'm thinking they'd require some foam tuning rings, along with a full set of C.I. foams.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
They seem to look good with the Dingo! I might take my extra TRX-4 Defender wheels and do likewise. Being that they're slightly wider than standard 1.9's, though, I'm thinking they'd require some foam tuning rings, along with a full set of C.I. foams.

I like the look and love the performance! I would recommend them to anyone. Definitely need some good foams in them tho.

Had some playtime last night.
Climbed right up these 2 ledges with no issue at all.

The Trx can't go up these ledges without getting hung or sliding off the side.

Both rigs did great and climbed on up the highest point with no issues

I love this truck. It's so much fun. Now just need to figure out what I wanna do to get some more steering. Any suggestions that don't cost as much as a new rig?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #51
RCC Addict

I have about 3/8-1/2" of clearance at full lock before my tire hits the shock. Running stock dog bones with standard axial aluminum knuckles with servo on axle. Anyone know if I went to a high steer knuckle and cvds if I could keep the axle mounted servo? I would love to go CMS with this rig, but the budget is tight and I'm just trying to get a little more steering from this rig. Would like to do narrow XR or a 10-2 swap, but those options are out of my price range for now and really not trying to get a bunch more steering. Would just cvds and high clearance knuckles get me there? I've searched on here but most answers aren't clear and most say go narrow XR with no answer to my question. Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Did some crawling today with a buddy on the backyard course. Ol Dingo did great!

Old 03-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I have about 3/8-1/2" of clearance at full lock before my tire hits the shock. Running stock dog bones with standard axial aluminum knuckles with servo on axle. Anyone know if I went to a high steer knuckle and cvds if I could keep the axle mounted servo? I would love to go CMS with this rig, but the budget is tight and I'm just trying to get a little more steering from this rig. Would like to do narrow XR or a 10-2 swap, but those options are out of my price range for now and really not trying to get a bunch more steering. Would just cvds and high clearance knuckles get me there? I've searched on here but most answers aren't clear and most say go narrow XR with no answer to my question. Thanks for any help and advice.
I have the ssd pro knuckles on my dingo and get a little more steering with servo on axle. Would probably get a little more angle if I was still running stock axle housings but I opted for the ssd d60 units for scale sexyness and it raises the servo mount just a hair.
moondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:06 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaddy View Post
I have the ssd pro knuckles on my dingo and get a little more steering with servo on axle. Would probably get a little more angle if I was still running stock axle housings but I opted for the ssd d60 units for scale sexyness and it raises the servo mount just a hair.
I'm also running the D60 axles. Are you still running the dogbone shafts or did you go to a CVD shaft? I'm thinking about doing the high clearance knuckles and cvds, but if it's not going to give me that little bit more then it's probably not worth the $$$. The steering is the only thing that bothers me about this rig. Other then that it's a crawling beast! Thanks for the response
Old 03-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

I got rid of the dog bones few years back, just got the high steer knuckles few months ago. Turns a good bit better now. Need to get around to installing my cms to take full advantage of the knuckles

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
moondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Me and Joss went out and played with the rigs on some washouts yesterday. Had a great time! Here's a few pics and a part 1 video.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Shes quite the lil driver lol

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #58

Muy bien por ese Dingo, "Pulgares hacia arriba"
pedrolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolo View Post
Muy bien por ese Dingo, "Pulgares hacia arriba"

muchas gracias amigo. Es un gran pequeño camión. los parachoques son lo único que lo retiene.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #60
RCC Addict

^^waaaaaaat? Lmbo

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote

AnimalHippie's Family Dingo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure AnimalHippie Traxxas TRX-4 410 02-09-2023 06:16 PM
AnimalHippie's backyard course & Trx-4 AnimalHippie Videos! 0 07-02-2018 08:41 AM
my cc-01 family grimbergen19 Tamiya XC/CC01 7 11-18-2009 01:54 PM