Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need help finishing Wroncho build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need help finishing Wroncho build

Hey you guys I’m new to this forum and the rc crawling world. I have a half built wroncho that I’m putting together. Stuck at what to do with my drive lines. I tried to flip the axles front to rear but ran into other problems so I put it back how I had it. I read somewhere that you can flip the transmission to make the drive line angles line up. Also see that if I do that I will need different links. Any help or suggestions would help a lot thank you newbie here lol!
Attached Images

530crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need help finishing Wroncho build

180 the motor assembly ? without knowing the kit that is a guess. The pictures do not show the problem. Would be more helpful to install the drive shafts on the axles and angled in towards the transmission. With a picture correctly orientated would also do wonders.

you can do it, not rocket science
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The choice is to flip the axles or to turn the skid/transmission 180 degrees. The trans output shaft and the axle pumpkin (input shaft) have to be on the same side. As you have it in your pictures the pumpkins are on one side of the frame and the trans output is on the other so the driveshaft angle would be too extreme for smooth operation. Not too sure if you would have enough room for the motor to clear your rear cage if you rotated the skid/transmission but that could be the easiest solution if everything fits. The SCX10 skid can be mounted either way (front/rear) to the frame rails.

You say you ran in to problems flipping the axles. Can you provide a little more info. I've flipped the AR60 axles with no problems, just need to transfer some front axle parts to the now rear axle and the same from the now rear axle to the front.

And you're right about the links. Depending on your suspension travel, the link may interfere with the driveshaft.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Ya you are right from looking at it. It would be a tight squeeze to flip the motor/ trans. My problem with flipping the axles was my linkage mounts on my axle housing don’t fit if I flip them. I guess it could buy the same parts but opposite sides but that could be spendy. Open to any suggestions I bought this one half built and bought and mamba x and tekin rock for it and have some money and time invested I want to get it on the road I love Toyota’s. My question is do I order flipped hardware so I can swap axles front to rear steering/ link mounts etc. or do I order new axles that fit my setup better? Please help a noob out lol
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2020, 11:38 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

On second look it might fit better then I Origjnally thought what do you think
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

From the measurements I see, I think the skid/transmission can be flipped 180 degrees. The motor might sit a little closer to the rear cage than the spur gear does right now but should still leave room for the body to fit between the motor and the cage. Worth a try. Undo the links and the driveshafts, remove the skid to frame rail screws, spin the skid 180 degrees and see what happens. Simplest solution I can see and shouldn't take a lot of time to do. Good luck!

By the way, if you have to flip the axles, take the truss off the rear and mount to the front axle (which will move to the back) and mount the front truss you took off to the rear axle (which will move to the front). The trusses are mirrored so if I remember correctly, it should work as I've explained.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Ok I’m going to flip the motor/trans and modify the body to fit it. Next question any good ideas on where to mount the ec? Is it fine where it’s at? The wires that come with the mamba x are fairly short
Attached Images

Need help finishing Wroncho build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Wroncho build Z0MB13 Axial SCX-10 0 12-18-2014 07:14 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
VP`s JK Wroncho build zonkerd Axial SCX-10 58 04-03-2014 08:38 AM
9 months later finishing Dingo! Build advise? Formiga Axial SCX-10 9 11-10-2012 01:59 PM