Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Dukes OG scx10 and its many faces

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dukes OG scx10 and its many faces

Got this scx10 off someone here on the forum. It was intended for my daughters to use. That didn't pan out, didn't move fast enough for them or jump. So an emaxx was built and theyre happy, so dad now has another crawler. It came to me with a very beat recon G6 wrangler body. I happened to have a brand new old stock one that I painted up in homage to my great grandfathers old Robin Egg blue CJ7, and "curly" was born. Curly was my great grandfathers nickname.

Well, Like most things in life, I can't leave well enough alone. I have a builder friend here on the forum building a top notch raptor hardbody truck for me, full custom work, but i had an extra body laying around and wanted to drive a raptor. So my two thumbs no good at custom stuff got to work. Botched a bunch of stuff, but its on now.

Hacked the flares off in prep for running 4.75 tires and that's not going to happen, the KM3s are 4.19s and look the part, so I may have to graft some flares back on somehow or run some shorter shocks. The bed is hacked to bits, but I'll be running a tonneau cover using an old actual 1:1 tonneau I acquired to make scale bits from, soft tops and what not. Its hinged at the back and industrial velcro in the front. Pretty straightforward mechanically. I'll add more. maybe. Enjoy.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Dukes OG scx10 and its many faces - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modern Day Dukes of Hazzard TwistedCreations Chit Chat 14 09-07-2005 03:18 PM
Dukes of Hazzard question EeePee Chit Chat 13 08-30-2005 03:53 PM
Dukes of Hazzard the Movie Rant utbeamer Chit Chat 37 08-09-2005 03:53 PM
The Dukes of Holland JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 7 12-31-2004 08:37 PM