Thread: OHOs OG SCX10 gets rebuilt.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: OHOs OG SCX10 gets rebuilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
You should totally do it!

This rig wasn't getting used all that much either, in fact I was going to retire it, I even bought a UMG10, then just had a change of heart, although a lot of this is new and not from the old rig, it still feels the same to me.

Yeah, I think I will! This will give me something to work on this winter. It already has a fairly new set of SSD D60 axles under it.

Thanks for giving me that little nudge I needed to get it off the shelf and back out on the trails!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Well I said I wasn't going to use it until I'd fnished it but I couldn't resist on my day off work yesterday so gave it a little maiden run.

Main changes made over the old set up are heavier axles, better shocks and OD in the front and man what a massive difference it makes.

I now sort of regret putting fragile stuff on the bed because if I used this rig to it's full potential it would do just about anything.

There's one particular line none of my previous rigs have ever been able to get up, even the 2.2 stuff and this thing got up it yesterday, super happy.

Considering buying another bodyshell now, something as light as possible and something I am not too bothered about rolling over onto and keeping this set up for shelf queen duties and light trail runs, but I am still unsure.

This has definitely given me a bit of enthusiasm to get it finished off as well though.

Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Small update, nothing too spectacular, fitted a nicer bumper, but I am having trouble finding one I actually like, they either sit too far forwards, like the one above, or like the one below, they are a tad on the small side.

Suppose the best option is to buy the Wertymade Power wagon specific bumper, with that being said, I have already damaged the bed and body in a roll over, so I am seriously considering buying a Pro-line Hilux SR5 body for this now, to keep the weight down and lower as possible.

And maybe put this on a spare chassis and just have it as a shelf queen... Or maybe sell it, I am undecided.

Anyway for now, here's a few pictures from the last run out, I am going to be uploading some footage very soon, just been busy with work and no time to edit.

Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #24
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Small update, nothing too spectacular, fitted a nicer bumper, but I am having trouble finding one I actually like, they either sit too far forwards, like the one above, or like the one below, they are a tad on the small side.

Suppose the best option is to buy the Wertymade Power wagon specific bumper, with that being said, I have already damaged the bed and body in a roll over, so I am seriously considering buying a Pro-line Hilux SR5 body for this now, to keep the weight down and lower as possible.

And maybe put this on a spare chassis and just have it as a shelf queen... Or maybe sell it, I am undecided.

Anyway for now, here's a few pictures from the last run out, I am going to be uploading some footage very soon, just been busy with work and no time to edit.

Oh, sh*t!

They're multiplying like rabbits!

(seriously nice truck, and lovely countryside...)

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:24 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Stunning pics as always...Cumbria right?..so where did yiu find blue sky recently? I've only had soggy grey for weeks here!
M and M is offline   Reply With Quote

OHOs OG SCX10 gets rebuilt. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OHOs Bomber. Oh How Original Axial RR10 Bomber 53 09-15-2018 09:13 AM
NEW and OLD Rebuilt SCX10 ! rccrawler41884 Axial SCX-10 0 03-27-2013 04:36 AM