Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: sanwa mt4s setup for scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 05:34 AM   #1

Default sanwa mt4s setup for scx10

Hey guys, posted in the electronics section a few days ago and got no answers, so ill try here.

Ive got my winch setup on the lever, which works great. Except i sometimes bump the lever which is obviously bad( winding it in to far/dropping it on the ground and tangling in axles)

Ive read in a few places that you can use one of the other assignable buttons to enable and disable the lever.

Would anyone know how to do this?

Cheers!
Fred1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: sanwa mt4s setup for scx10

Forgive us Americans but when you say you have it setup on a lever that means something else to us.
So what I think you mean may not be what you mean.
I had my winch originally setup to be operated manually with a switch on the truck. Flip it forward to let out, middle to stop, back to reel in.
I have since added a winch controller that is operated by my 3rd channel on my radio.
I myself noticed that I was always bumping the 3rd channel buttons with my fingers while I was running my truck allowing the winch to spool out or in.
So I put a manually operated switch in to turn off the power to the winch so that I could make sure the radio was set properly before engaging the winch.
But this sounds like the reverse of what you are asking.
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I frequently use my M12 for controlling my scale trucks which has the same lever setup. Never tried setting one of the switches to enable/disable the lever but I would imagine that you would have to assign the lever to whatever Aux channel you use for the winch and assign a button or switch to the same channel with 2 position movement and endpoints at 0 and 100. I have no idea if that will work but that is the only theoretical way I can see how to set it up, the manual doesn't actually say this is a possible setting.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
Forgive us Americans but when you say you have it setup on a lever that means something else to us.
So what I think you mean may not be what you mean.
I had my winch originally setup to be operated manually with a switch on the truck. Flip it forward to let out, middle to stop, back to reel in.
I have since added a winch controller that is operated by my 3rd channel on my radio.
I myself noticed that I was always bumping the 3rd channel buttons with my fingers while I was running my truck allowing the winch to spool out or in.
So I put a manually operated switch in to turn off the power to the winch so that I could make sure the radio was set properly before engaging the winch.
But this sounds like the reverse of what you are asking.
not sure what it has to do with being american.

its setup on the lever on the transmitter.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I frequently use my M12 for controlling my scale trucks which has the same lever setup. Never tried setting one of the switches to enable/disable the lever but I would imagine that you would have to assign the lever to whatever Aux channel you use for the winch and assign a button or switch to the same channel with 2 position movement and endpoints at 0 and 100. I have no idea if that will work but that is the only theoretical way I can see how to set it up, the manual doesn't actually say this is a possible setting.
Ill give that a go. ive seen nothing in the manual explaining it. but ive seen in multiple places people saying they have it setup as i was asking how to.

will report back with my results.
Cheers!
Old 08-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #6

Not wanting to resurrect an old thread but I was wondering if I could trouble someone for a "how-to" on how to setup a Sanwa M12 with RX-452 (will upgrade if this works) to control the RC4WD Warn winch with the RC4WD controller for use from the radio. I have looked and it seems like I am still missing something. I can't get it to work with the lever. I would like to have it where I use a switch to enable/disable the lever and use the lever to control in and out of the winch. I am still searching the forums here and google but hope that someone can help me out as I have yet to find a proper way to make this work.

Jon
Junior.abca is offline   Reply With Quote

sanwa mt4s setup for scx10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mt4s setup nicos Electronics 5 01-04-2017 06:24 PM
sanwa/airtronics mt4s backlight nicos Electronics 1 12-03-2016 10:33 AM
Binding issue Sanwa MT4S and Yeti XL o0ben0o Electronics 3 11-23-2014 07:50 PM