Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Enduro Trans in Scx10???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Enduro Trans in Scx10???

I watched the video Harley put out with John Holmes. They said the Enduro trans has the same bolt pattern as Scx10. Have any of you done this? My Scx10 still has plastic gears and I was looking into getting steel gears for it. Then I seen that video. Around $30 for steel gears. Around $50 for the Enduro trans. I think the extra$20 for the trans would be well worth it. What's your thoughts on this? Also I have OD gears in the front axle. Any idea what the OD percentages with OD trans and diff gears? Thanks in advance for any information and knowledge on this!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Enduro Trans in Scx10???

I put one in my SCX10ii. It was a direct swap.

I went with the highest overdrive option in mine which I think was around 10%. There is an option to go with less but I don't remember what it was.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I recently built an SCX10 Cherokee with the element transmission from the get-go. Couple small mods are needed, it's in the build thread.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yes you can bolt it straight up, the only things of note are that the enduro trans sits a couple mm higher so your driveshaft angles will be a bit steeper and the front facing side sticks out a bit more. I used it for the 12%(?) overdrive configuration combined with the scx10 II OD gears for around 20% OD.

Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Meh, just put Axial OD gears in front axle and/or UD in the rear. Personally I just ran OD fronts in mine, was plenty of overdrive.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks for the responses guys. This might be the next upgrade the Dingo gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Meh, just put Axial OD gears in front axle and/or UD in the rear. Personally I just ran OD fronts in mine, was plenty of overdrive.
I have OD front gears. It did help it a bit. Only reason I was looking at the Enduro trans is because I'm going to need to replace the stock plastic trans gears with steel gears at some point. So I figured for an extra $20 getting a better trans with steel gears and more OD would be the way to go. If I did the steel gears in the Scx10 trans and bought a UD rear gear it would cost me $10 more then the Enduro trans. Just weighing out my options. Will be a bit before I could do either anyways.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote

Enduro Trans in Scx10??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Notes about using the Stealth X transmission (Enduro trans) Sneetches Axial SCX10 II 4 12-23-2019 03:09 PM
Can I use Axial SCX10 12mm hexes on the Enduro? RABIDFOX Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 9 10-31-2019 08:51 AM