Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Phildirt’s Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Phildirt’s Jeep

Keep tinkering with this Jeep and I decided what I don't like about it is that it is a Jeep. No offense to the Jeep people lol. So I have found a 67 C10 body (new with all of the bits) for 12.3 wheelbase on Ebay for $60 free shipping, pulled the trigger on that. Have never painted a polycarbonate body so it should be interesting. My plan is to paint it silver underneath and probably something like red primer on top to give it an oxidized look and allow it to show scratches once I get to beating on it. I don't think the tires I have will clear so may have to either do some cutting or find some smaller/more scale ones. Still want it to have a hardcore crawler look so may try to squeeze these in. Pretty hyped, that body is way better looking than anything I've seen from Jconcepts or Proline.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #62
RCC Addict

And yes I know that body has issues that bug the purists but at least the cab is proportional...I can live with the hood/grille being from different years and what not.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #63
RCC Addict

That escalated quickly. Making a reverse builders kit lol. Top secret plans coming.

Old 09-29-2020, 02:24 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Achieved the weekend warrior rock racer look I was going for. Will probably stop messing with the appearance. I’m a tinkerer if you can’t tell...

Love the yellow on black! Sorry if I missed it, but where did that front bumper come from? I have a TRX4 With a Jeep body and the mounting part on my current bumper split.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Love the yellow on black! Sorry if I missed it, but where did that front bumper come from? I have a TRX4 With a Jeep body and the mounting part on my current bumper split.

I welded it out of flat stock/rod. I suppose I could have used some angle and made it faster but that's all I had laying around. I just drilled holes through it and used some fender washers/nuts and bolts to hook it to the original mounting point. I'm going to make new frame crossmembers out of aluminum angle during this frame rehab. Trying to get rid of some of the kit plastic. I know it's light but it's ugly.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:48 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I welded it out of flat stock/rod. I suppose I could have used some angle and made it faster but that's all I had laying around. I just drilled holes through it and used some fender washers/nuts and bolts to hook it to the original mounting point. I'm going to make new frame crossmembers out of aluminum angle during this frame rehab. Trying to get rid of some of the kit plastic. I know it's light but it's ugly.

Yeah, I’m with you, I have some huge heavy metal bumpers to get rid of the plastic ones. It looks great man! Can’t wait to see what you have planned on the C10 build.

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Wire brush/wet sand/2k clear on the frame rails. Going for polished look.

Old 09-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Will make more sense as this build unfolds.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #69

Nice job on the rails
jsix321@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Phildirt’s Jeep - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JEEP - #001 - Jeep Wrangler trial run with the D110 support vehicle JoeConti Videos! 0 01-18-2017 12:39 PM
Jeep hits Jeep, sends over bridge gaurdrail, and lands in tree. STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 8 04-01-2016 02:53 PM
Rigs I've built this summer Half Cab Bronco,Jeep,Jeep, Sammy madscrambler 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 09-21-2010 11:38 PM