Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Phildirt’s SCX10 mud and trail truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: Phildirt’s SCX10 mud and trail truck

Looked cool doing it though

Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #162
RCC Addict

At least I broke cheap parts that I was going to upgrade anyways. Back to the bench...��
Old 11-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #163
RCC Addict

Another stuffed poser shot. Just enough room for these boggers. The rear rubs during acceleration even with the bottom of the fenders cut off.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #164
RCC Addict

Have decided I’m pissed off at this truck and instead of trying to fix it I am building another one. At least from the body down lol. I was about to push the buy now button on Amazon for a $199 10ii chassis until I noticed the Trailwalker RTR below it for $249...decisions decisions. I kind of like the thought of a fresh canvas and spare parts (esc,motor,receiver,transmitter would all come out of the SCX10 chassis for backups) and I could hack up the 67 c10 body even more to stuff these boggers under it...or I have some 1.9 Hyrax...time to negotiate with the boss lady.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #165
RCC Addict

Bought the Trailwalker. Will compare the body to this one...it may end up being a Chevywalker lol. So this thread is pretty much dead, it was fun while it lasted. I will resurrect it if I cobble an SCX10 based basher of some sort together in the future.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

I really like this latest iteration of the mud truck... Don't give up on it... Maybe save it for later?
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I really like this latest iteration of the mud truck... Don't give up on it... Maybe save it for later?
Yeah...I just took it apart again, made sure nothing else broke when the shafts let go...took them out, relocated the upper shock mounts so it cycles a little better. Any idea why the shafts would have both twisted in half like that? One of the front wheels got caught on a root and I hammered on it, heard them pop. Maybe slipper clutch too tight? I’m worried if I put upgraded shafts in it’s just going to break something more expensive if I don’t figure it out. 2s shouldn’t be grenading parts I wouldn’t think, but it is geared really low with huge tires. Going to sleep in it until the Trailmaster shows up, tinker with that rig for a bit. I will keep this one as a backup/loaner/rainy day rig, it is still fun. And don’t want to hack up the Trailmaster for these Boggers, I will run the 1.9 Hyrax on these bead locks and switch this truck back to the plastic Proline bead locks.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

You said it... Really low gearing, BIG tires....

I used to break Wheely King metal drive shafts all the time on 6cell nimh...
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Detailed the other body. This one may go on the Enduro chassis if it’s not too big. My old 1:1 SAS’d S10 was named Swamp Donkey so stole the name.

Old 11-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #170
RCC Addict

These decals came from Michael’s craft store. I grabbed a handful, they were on clearance .50 per sheet. I think they look pretty cool. Not sure if people everywhere name trucks but it’s pretty common in the Deep South. Also digging this method of blurring the window glass. Can’t see in very well but it doesn’t have that toy effect that painting it black does. I went back and misted some flat black from behind the glass after this shot, and dirtied up the body with it too. Fogging it from about 2’ away knocks the shine off everything, I dig it.

Old 11-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
These decals came from Michael’s craft store. I grabbed a handful, they were on clearance .50 per sheet. I think they look pretty cool. Not sure if people everywhere name trucks but it’s pretty common in the Deep South. Also digging this method of blurring the window glass. Can’t see in very well but it doesn’t have that toy effect that painting it black does. I went back and misted some flat black from behind the glass after this shot, and dirtied up the body with it too. Fogging it from about 2’ away knocks the shine off everything, I dig it.

Yup, we name our trucks all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:53 PM   #172

Good idea on the straps
jsix321@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Phildirt’s SCX10 mud and trail truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miniature king krusher trail truck/ crawler/ mud truck jared macneill General Crawlers 4 10-22-2018 09:00 PM
Mega Mud Trail truck Brainstain Mega/Monster Trucks 6 05-27-2016 10:55 PM
SCX10 Mud Truck - RCBros Burly Truck Conversion Sneetches Scale Videos! 1 07-19-2015 01:43 PM
SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas thejudge1 Mega/Monster Trucks 7 11-08-2014 07:33 PM
Rock/Trail/Mud truck tjcrawler Newbie General 26 04-20-2007 04:09 PM